• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Threadwhining
But is this thread worty? I mean isn't it better to have one thread which includes all those kind of details of the ps5 ready for launch or something?

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If I were ever to get a PS5, I'd want a very loud and gaudy son goku faceplate.
owhyguklcru51.jpg

source@reddit

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But is this thread worty? I mean isn't it better to have one thread which includes all those kind of details of the ps5 ready for launch or something?
New news, new thread. Plus the launch is approaching so developments will come fast and numerous.

Very excited to see Sony taking an uncharacteristically customizable approach to this. I'm stuffing the console behind my LG TV so I'd prefer it be matte black to be as nondescript as possible.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
These are good answers, thanks for sharing. I was planning on spray painting the plates when my console arrived, but I might hold off and just get one of these. I'd rather not deal with warranty issues by not having the original (unmodified) plates if I need to send the console in.
Check out Rust-Oleum Peel Coat paint. It sprays on but can be peeled off.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than anything, I think the console needs faceplates that change it's shape.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've seen unboxings of the PS5, it would bug me knowing that these faceplates, even if they were done well, won't have the tiny triangle, circle, square and x plastered everywhere.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've seen unboxings of the PS5, it would bug me knowing that these faceplates, even if they were done well, won't have the tiny triangle, circle, square and x plastered everywhere.
Sony would hopefully produce official ones with those, I would prefer if they're outside too with matte black of course

Castello

Feb 14, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm seeing red flags with how they keep changing their name and website from "PlateStation 5" to "The Plate Station" and now to "Customize My Plates". And they removed the FAQs section which previously had the cancellation policy and refund policy. I'm just gonna try cancelling my order and see how that goes.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'm seeing red flags with how they keep changing their name and website from "PlateStation 5" to "The Plate Station" and now to "Customize My Plates". And they removed the FAQs section which previously had the cancellation policy and refund policy. I'm just gonna try cancelling my order and see how that goes.

Look at these guys trying to pull a sneaky. 🤔🤨

sumo

Oct 30, 2017

They're in the UK so they have to honor refunds up to 14 days after goods are received. They have a newly registered Ltd company with the owners real address and his face is on the website. Not to mention if you pay by card and it turns out to be a fraud you can do a charge back from your bank. I can't vouch for them as I don't know them but the business looks legit.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018

I guess they got a call from Sony about the name.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
More than anything, I think the console needs faceplates that change it's shape.
Same for me. I'd want panels without the fins on the side, that make it look unnecessarily big. I also want the right panel to be completely flat, so I can place it horizontally without that ugly stand.
Just make it look more like a sleek media box.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

The website doesn't work anymore, it says "Coming Soon" and "Scary90" as the title with an Admin login page, and the second website linked in this article just goes to a Wix.com error page.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, now I see why they didn't go for black on black. It looks like something Alienware would make.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
Same for me. I'd want panels without the fins on the side, that make it look unnecessarily big. I also want the right panel to be completely flat, so I can place it horizontally without that ugly stand.
Just make it look more like a sleek media box.
I did a quick edit to show how I'd want the panels to look. You get the idea I think

ps5-edit.png

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Guys I don't understand this image:

platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-jungle-camo.png

Where is the console? All I see is a green background. Is it a joke or something?

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I remember getting the Bloodborne faceplate for my OG PS4. I would love some awesome stuff for these if it is removable.

Evangelion themed PS5 would be my dream.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IfASZFi.jpg

I don't even understand how they were saying they were aiming for launch if they hadn't even started production.

Everything about this seems very amateurish, that's for sure.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
IfASZFi.jpg

I don't even understand how they were saying they were aiming for launch if they hadn't even started production.

It makes me more nervous they're trying to produce these before PS5s are even available. They may have a connection in the factory and unofficially got some measurements but I'd want to know they've tested then on actual production PS5s

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
IfASZFi.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... What??

Start production in the next few weeks?

So they straight up lied saying they will be with customers at launch then?

So glad I didn't go through with my order

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... What??

Start production in the next few weeks?

So they straight up lied saying they will be with customers at launch then?

So glad I didn't go through with my order

I don't know what their original wording was, maybe they ment get them day one, them being the shells? I don't know. But, now the site says they will ship on or after the 12. I have to assume if they are just finalizing the design that this will actually take months to get into people's hands.

Even their site saying on or after the 12th is really misleading, I guess. If production is delayed a few weeks, that puts it a week after the 12th, AT BEST. And then I assume they have to actually receive the shells and ship them out to people. I can see the production issue delays now... seriously, months from now people are going to be waiting on these.

Last edited:

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Just had my PayPal refunded for my black plate order. Was order #1085, so perhaps they're not confident that they can make/supply that many, or maybe they're just shutting down.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just had my PayPal refunded for my black plate order. Was order #1085, so perhaps they're not confident that they can make/supply that many, or maybe they're just shutting down.

I got mine cancelled too, states "due to copywrite laws in your country".

I'm in the UK, but it looks like Sony shut this down.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda sucks if Sony seriously isn't going to allow this. But, this company was clearly in over their head and making promises they couldn't deliver.

Also, doesn't paypal not refund fees any more to sellers?

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty big indicator that Sony will either be selling their own faceplates or have officially licensed faceplates.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy but I'm sure there's a thing called Intellectual Property.

The millions of knockoffs that are gonna be up on Aliexpress the moment the console goes on sale now that's a whole different ballgame.
companies are allowed to sell add ons to hardware you buy. did sony copyright the design of the face plates or something?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
companies are allowed to sell add ons to hardware you buy. did sony copyright the design of the face plates or something?
I don't see how that would be possible. Maybe they were able to patent the concept of removable gaming faceplates that also aid in thermal regulation? Or some such nonsense? I don't see how that would suddenly prevent dbrand from offering vinyl wraps that were any colour but black though. It's pretty bizarre.