• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hummel003

Mar 23, 2020
come along this article and it seems like there are already custom faceplates coming for the ps5.
Matt black looks really good I think

www.playstationlifestyle.net

Custom PS5 Faceplates Already Up For Sale From PlateStation5; Get Blue, Matte Black, Chrome and Red (Update) - PlayStation LifeStyle

PlateStation5 is making custom PS5 faceplates in a variety of colors, aiming for launch day delivery if you preorder now. Get matte black, blue, chrome, red, or camo designs to customize the look of your PS5.

Matt black
platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-matte-black.png

Chrome
platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-chrome.png

Red
platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-cherry-red.png

Camo
platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-jungle-camo.png

Blue
platestation5-custom-ps5-faceplates-outer-shell-indigo-blue.png

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they couldn't know how to replicate whatever mechanism attaches the plate to the console yet, weird that they are supposed to ship at launch.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be wary of trusting these, unlicensed products, release date delivery, no affiliation with Sony.

How do they even know they will fit?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The blue one looks really good. This gen will be amazing for customization.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They nailed it with the PlateStation5 url. But the design seems unique enough that it could/should be protected by IP, we'll see how that goes.
Anyway, getting the red for my GFs ps5 sometime next year

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they can legally, accurately, replicate the faceplates. I'm sure Sony has patented the design.

Not that this might stop some. But if you want something perfectly exact, then refinishing existing faceplates might get you a better result. One would think it might not be too long before Sony gets official plates out though, also.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I'll wait for reviews, but blue looks fucking noice. Crazy how Sony didn't just release these themselves, easy money

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
$40 seems a bit more than what I expected, but these are the very first ones we have seen from anyone.

I expect they will sell a lot though.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
the flat panels would also lend themselves to decals / or spray paint for those who are confident enough

based on the official teardown video it looks like the plates pop off easily enough

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
That red is pretty hot. Would be perfect for a Spider-Man 2 bundle.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's a clever name lmao. I'll wait till aftermarket side panels start flooding Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Matt black one goes a long way to make it look better. Are they doing something similar for the controllers?

Oct 27, 2017
Will wait for official ones, not buying not licensed chinise designs.
Can't wait to get rid of that hideous black and white look.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I still have several X360 faceplates, some quite rare. Good times, if Sony ends up doing official ones I could grab some
RARE-XBOX-360-FACEPLATE-LOT-of-4WoodyPGR-3-_1.jpg

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm going to get camo so it doesn't look as big because I won't be able to actually see it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah don't buy into the hype, they're the first to market but 1000 others will offer the same service at either a cheaper price or better quality once we actually know what it looks like.

Pretty sure you wanna just play on your PS5 at launch, that's 40 dollars down the drain if it looks ass with your setup