• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Mods please nuke the thread and lets all pretend the last 30 minutes of Era did not happen šŸ™ˆ

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It might just be a very short headless person wearing a white jacket with a popped collar over a black t-shirt

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Whatever it is, yesterday it wasn't there. Took this from yesterday's stream
luoukzV.png
Maybe they 3D Printed one? That's a 3D printer right?
I think its just a big troll with a 3D printed one.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I'm feeling gaslit

I'm not sure if by the streamer, Geoff, Sony's marketing team, or my own stupidity

I'll go with the latter XD

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
If that's not a PS5, then why do this bit... just seems like lose lose to me?

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
It's got people talking about it, doesn't it? I can't think of another company that is succeeding at marketing a product better than Playstation with the PS5. Even the smallest things turn into huge deals..

Edit: To also add onto my own thoughts of what the fuck is going on, maybe we get an event date out of this? That is the ONLY thing I can coming out of this that would be worth drumming up this form of hype.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Image placement. Streamers talking while completely ignoring the thing in the same room as them that is a pretty important product even if it's not real. Gets people talking if it was real or not

Last edited:

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
It's got people talking about it, doesn't it? I can't think of another company that is succeeding at marketing a product better than Playstation with the PS5. Even the smallest things turn into huge deals.
Image placement. Streamers talking while completely ignoring the thing in the same room as them even if it's not real. Gets people talking if it was talk or not
I just assumed (if that's not a real PS5 ) that this was said channels own bit rather than something in collaboration or initiated by Sony as intentional advertisement... If my assumption is wrong I guess it makes more sense.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Ain't the first time we've seen a 3D printed console so my money is on that. There was a similiar situation with Etika and the Nintendo Switch, so I reckon this might be a similiar case. It gets people talking after all, but as others said it seems unlikely to be the real thing given how even folks like Geoff could barely get their hands on it.

I don't care. Nvidia has already convinced me to order that BFGPU that is the beefy 3090...I couldn't care less...

Imagine clicking this thread out of your own volition, moving to the reply box, investing the time to write this post of yours and sending it just to say you don't care.

Seems legit, really. Here's a pro tip tho: Folks who actually don't care just click the ignore thread button rather than investing the effort into writing a post about how they don't care. No one is forcing you to be in this thread let alone write a reply to it, that's entirely on you.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
ctrl+f "lie"

thank god

nvm there's one on the last page

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
What a bizarre lead up to console launch for both consoles. In a way, I dig it though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ever feel like you're excitedly taking part in some Twitch streamers viral marketing attempt to get more subs?