• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
The white, black, and blue looks better with some color schemes. It looks good with Horizon, okay with this, and bad with Spiderman. I wish they would have gone with white/clear or black cases and then they'd match up a lot better with just about any boxart.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The art looks good. This just hammers home how much I hate the box design though. The white and blue look awful

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. I just think the PS5 case needs to have a blue strip down the front spine of the case to cut that white band across the top. It looks so much better.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I think it looks fine honestly, that said I hope whenever we finally get Series X exclusive box art MS gets a lot more creative with it.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think the white looks better with this art but the blue is just really jarring for me. Not super happy as a physical collector so far.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it's kinda on Godfall too for not considering how this might look against that template but... the white just ain't working
I wouldn't put it on Godfall at all. A good case design should be able to look good with any cover art as long as the cover art itself is good. It's been that way for generations

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Don't understand all the hate the white banner is getting.

It doesn't match the blu cases, if that's what they are going to keep using which is silly.

Someone did a mockup of if they used a black case and it worked MUCH better with the blue banner. The white and black banner/blue font look awful together. They really SHOULD change the case colour, because too many people will probably miss the "5" on it to differentiate.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's the blue that's not working, not the white banner.

But I still think the combo is a nice visual reflection of how the console looks.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
blues and whites really pop with that case design and white border

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is something about the white, maybe all the empty space and no gradient or anything it always looks photoshopped to me.

edit: The key art also gives me sudeki vibes

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
Game studios employ some of the best artists in the whole world and somehow the boxarts consistently end up with some bland/generic hero posing.