• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YSL

Sep 11, 2020
Performance mode, runs like a dream. Still looks like shit though lmao..

I personally could not see any difference between performance and resolution mode, so go with performance for a better time.
Good to hear played on pro around the time it originally released but it was a bit rough on there so I gave up

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Question about DMC5...is the PS5 version just focused on graphical improvements? Or is the performance significantly better as well? If its just graphics I'll stick with my PS4 version

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Any word on Serious Sam Collection?

It has a Graphics and Performance mode, but I'm hoping Performance mode has a dynamic resolution rather than locking to 1080p.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
A few more tests from me for more obscure titles.

Arcana gothic 3 which was a stuttering mess on ps4 and ps4 pro, now is a total lock on 60 and is actually now a really fun game considering it can be picked up for next to nothing.

Prototype 1 and 2. Thought these might be better, but seems like its frame pacing issues that prevent this from seeming like a locked 30fps (so similar to bloodborne)

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Question about DMC5...is the PS5 version just focused on graphical improvements? Or is the performance significantly better as well? If its just graphics I'll stick with my PS4 version

I think it actually runs a bit worse? Hah. The selling points are 120fps mode and ray traced reflections under certain modes. But the 120fps mode is a target and it can drop to the 90s.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Thank you! I dont have a tv that can handle 120FPS so I'm not missing out on anything :)

Anyone is welcome to correct me on these points, as I'm not 100% sure about them.

I think you'll experience much better load times on the SE, because it's a native PS5 app. While PS4 games via BC see a big improvement, I don't think they compare to the speed of native apps. There's also the turbo mode which is exclusive to SE.

I'm not putting you off playing the PS4 version via BC. It'll definitely benefit but just wanted to point out the pros of the SE.

+ Faster Loading
+ Optional Ray Tracing
+ Optional 120fps mode
+ Turbo Mode
+ Vergil (Can be bought for DMC5 at a later date)
+ Legendary Dark Knight difficulty
+ DualSense Functionality

Oct 25, 2017
Just a warning: do NOT buy Ape Escape 2 if you're planning on playing it on PS5. It is extremely buggy and I had to request a refund for it:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already, but has Ubisoft said anything about AC Syndicate getting revisited to work correctly on the PS5?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already, but has Ubisoft said anything about AC Syndicate getting revisited to work correctly on the PS5?
Their initial blog post listed the game and several others as incompatible. So I don't think they are going to put in any effort. Might still get better with OS upgrades and I think that is more likely.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone is welcome to correct me on these points, as I'm not 100% sure about them.

I think you'll experience much better load times on the SE, because it's a native PS5 app. While PS4 games via BC see a big improvement, I don't think they compare to the speed of native apps. There's also the turbo mode which is exclusive to SE.

I'm not putting you off playing the PS4 version via BC. It'll definitely benefit but just wanted to point out the pros of the SE.

+ Faster Loading
+ Optional Ray Tracing
+ Optional 120fps mode
+ Turbo Mode
+ Vergil (Can be bought for DMC5 at a later date)
+ Legendary Dark Knight difficulty
+ DualSense Functionality

That all sounds nice, but not 40.00 nice IMO. I'm about 1/3 through the game and kind of just want to see it through 😬

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Someone made a video comparing the loading time of Persona 5 Scramble on PS4, PS5 and Switch. They are significantly shorter on PS5.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Their initial blog post listed the game and several others as incompatible. So I don't think they are going to put in any effort. Might still get better with OS upgrades and I think that is more likely.
This is what I want to believe will happen. Sony will naturally improve their BC solution over time with firmware updates, hopefully they can look into Syndicate and implement a fix for the lighting bug.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ratchet and Clank 2016 has some pretty crazy HDR(?) issues where there's massive banding around bright regions. Every skybox in the game looks like a blown out JPEG from 2004

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone try Battlefront 2? My son plays this a lot and i must admit the game already looks insane.
If they can do a next gen update it will be absolutely incredible.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was going to show off some PS4 games I tested, but it looks like the PS5 only saves the video clips for PS4 games at 30 fps?

Is there a setting I'm missing to save recordings at 60? PS5 games save at 60 fps just fine.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to show off some PS4 games I tested, but it looks like the PS5 only saves the video clips for PS4 games at 30 fps?

Is there a setting I'm missing to save recordings at 60? PS5 games save at 60 fps just fine.

I've captured Jedi Fallen Order videos at 60 FPS, capture settings should be the same no matter which games you play.

Linkinito

Oct 28, 2017
France

You have to select manual recording for 4K60. The PS4 "auto records" only in 1080p30 (for clips and trophies).

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Legitimately "Jedi: fallen order: the thread"

Looking at some old gameplay videos on the PS4 versus how smooth it runs on the PS5, I can't imagine trying to play it on last gen consoles. Zero crashes, zero lag, zero stuttering in combat, zero bugs besides a couple funny graphical glitches with character models, instant load times when I fail a platforming section and I've failed many, many times.

If you bounced off it hard last gen due to performance and happen to have a PS5 now I would suggest going back to it

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Ghostbusters Remastered is on sale for $7.49.

Chart says PS5 will play it 4k 60fps.. but cutscenes will be 1080p 30fps.

Eitherway I'm buying it right now... I just wish this type of game got a PS5 update that featured RT, DualSense features, and 3D Audio.. because man all those colors, destruction, and Sound. 😬

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You have to select manual recording for 4K60. The PS4 "auto records" only in 1080p30 (for clips and trophies).
I don't think that's right.

What I have been doing is booting up the game, playing for 5 Min or whatever then selecting "save full video" which records everything from the moment I booted up the game.

My videos have been a mix of 30/60fps.

Now I don't know if something weird is going on with the ps5 saving or youtube, but some titles are showing as 60fps on YouTube when I thought they would be 30fps (Witcher 3, outcast) and the ones Im sure are 60fps are showing as 30fps (Battlefront, EDF)

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Except they're not. They're using a bundled PS2 emulator that works with other titles, too. People have been able to use it to play other PS2 titles.
I think the idea is that they will play on PS5. Still could run with some issues like Ape Escape 2.

Twisted Metal Black and War of the Monsters plays great on PS5 though. I haven't tested the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.