• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Reposting for the new page.

Yakuza 7 doesn't seem to work at all on my PS5, it stays on the starting screen and then tell me it can't install it (when it has already been installed) ? Anyone else having this issue ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Oct 25, 2017
Finally dived into BC tonight. I only had a base PS4 so the upgrades are pretty incredible: REmake 2, REmake 3, TLoU are all fantastic.

Put on Rez to see it in glorious 2160p. But the true revelation was the DualSense. Felt like it was going to vibe my hands off.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I can't remember if someone posted results already, but I tested Prey's loading times comparing an external HDD and having the game installed in the internal SSD.

Load times are still long, but not as bad as they used to be. Load times were about 50% shorter on average from the internal storage, compared to the HDD.

Unfortunately it's still capped at 30fps, and moving the camera around is as juddery as ever.

Last edited:

onyxxxxxxx

Banned
Nov 4, 2020
Thanks OP for this great list, super helpful.
Kinda disappointing effort by Sony. On one hand some of the big 2020 games get an upgrade for resolution and/or FPS but so many dont. Seems like everything is up to the Devs. Uncharted 4 still at 1440p/30FPS? Yikes...

So why is it again that Last Guardian and God of War got downgraded by PS5 patches to 30FPS?

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Kinda disappointing effort by Sony. On one hand some of the big 2020 games get an upgrade for resolution and/or FPS but so many dont. Seems like everything is up to the Devs. Uncharted 4 still at 1440p/30FPS? Yikes...

So why is it again that Last Guardian and God of War got downgraded by PS5 patches to 30FPS?
Those were updates for the Pro back then.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Finally dived into BC tonight. I only had a base PS4 so the upgrades are pretty incredible: REmake 2, REmake 3, TLoU are all fantastic.

Put on Rez to see it in glorious 2160p. But the true revelation was the DualSense. Felt like it was going to vibe my hands off.

Yeah playing REmake 2 at a locked 60 AND not having the fan scream at me is a revelation. Need to buy 3 since it's on sale.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried Crash Bandicoot It's about time and it seems to be running at a lower frame rate than the PS4 pro. I tried looking for options to make sure there isn't a performance vs visual mode and I didn't find any settings. It seems to be running at 30fps or maybe a bit more. Definitely not 60

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

God of War runs at 60 fps in performance mode at 1080p. Last Guardian got patched because even on the Pro it couldn't maintain anything close to 60 fps so they locked it to 30. They should unlock Last Guardian but there are reasons for why they did so. But I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding what happened, because AFAIK there isn't a single patch for either game for the PS5. They were patched on the PS4 to run better on that machine.

onyxxxxxxx

Banned
Nov 4, 2020
Yes, 'Oneself' explained already that those are the PS4 patches. That makes it even worse tbh. Zero effort by Sony to put the biggest games of their PS4 generation in a state to use the capabilities of their new hardware. All those games can run easily at 60FPS 1800-2160p now on the PS5. But i guess we will get full priced Remasters that are essentially patches eventually.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Yes, 'Oneself' explained already that those are the PS4 patches. That makes it even worse tbh. Zero effort by Sony to put the biggest games of their PS4 generation in a state to use the capabilities of their new hardware. All those games can run easily at 60FPS 1800-2160p now on the PS5. But i guess we will get full priced Remasters that are essentially patches eventually.
I dont think it will be that bad. We know the state of the world has held back development by months and we have already seen Sony games get PS5 BC mode patches, so "zero effort" is hyperbole. It won't be all roses and we will also for sure see Remasters.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
How's shadow of War on the PS5? currently playing through it on the PS4 but likely will be finishing it when my PS5 arrives

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Note:

There's one level near the end of Last Guardian that cannot be completed when running at 60fps on PS5 on software 1.00 that's on the disc! I had to upgrade to the latest patch to progress the game.

The level with the black liquid orb you need to climb above the structure. The liquid expands too quickly on PS5 at 60fps or was slowed down by a later patch

Not true. I had several occasions where game freezes or AI issues forced me to briefly update, but I passed this section at 60fps. It was unusually hard to the point that it really pissed me off, so maybe it really is sped up, but it isn't impossible.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is Modern Warfare 2019 on the PS5, the campaign specifically? I was looking to rent the PS4 or XB1X version (don't have a Series X). I read that the 1X has higher resolution but slightly worse performance.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already (probably a few times) but are the reports of playing PS4 games of an external drive causing the console to corrupt a common issue? Or was it maybe even addressed in the first system update? I've been dying to plug in my external and try some back compat already!

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Pretty sure the Battlefront VR mission is stand-alone and considered a demo, so incompatible any way. Similar for The Last Guardian VR.

Edit: The X-Wing VR Demo is a separate thing, but not the VR mission that was mentioned.
It's SO stupid that an unique experience like TLG VR isn't compatible on PS5 just because is labeled as "Demo".
TLG VR is just a thing on his own, a very great and unique experience that is cut out because of a title.

Surely there are other free games like that that aren't compatible anymore on PS5 and it's a shame.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already (probably a few times) but are the reports of playing PS4 games of an external drive causing the console to corrupt a common issue? Or was it maybe even addressed in the first system update? I've been dying to plug in my external and try some back compat already!
Still not fixed, just do not use rest mode until there is a confirmed update that fixes things. My PS5 is more of a PS4 Pro "Plus" running PS4 games off an external SSD, as it is the most stable vs playing PS5 native games on the internal storage :(

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Hollow Knight is 1080p? I could have sworn it looked 720p. It looked really granulated and undefined. Are my eyes that used to higher resolutions??
The resolution is 1080p, but the game is mostly made of painterly illustrations, not hard geometric objects. It just naturally looks softer.

I'm sorry you're disappointed. Sony's PS5 backwards compatibility is among the very best that any platform holder has ever provided. The position that they have to fully upgrade all their biggest games for free, or else their efforts are a complete failure, is unreasonable. Your best solution is to not buy their products, if they don't satisfy you.

I'll be adding another 20 games or so tomorrow. Thanks to everyone contributing!

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like to see new analysis on some of the games that rely on DRS. Battlefront 2 and BF1 for example. Did they have a max ceiling of 3840 x 2160 because they certainly look sharper on PS5.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I wonder what playing Skyrim will be like for me on PS5. Not a world of difference, I'm sure, but it ought to be a bit nicer. Hopefully I'll be able to install more mods without crazy slowdowns as well?

I could be way off-base on that however. I write about RPGs. I'm still clueless about tech, haha.

I got to level 8 with a new destruction mage and performance was really solid. Did not notice any dips. I remember magic being a problem on my ps4 pro.

very smooth on ps5. and the loading times are great.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Any progress with Lichdom: battlemage, kingdom come: deliverance and Pacer?
Edit: also call of cthulhu and the sinking city, which might benefit a lot!

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, just tried Infamous Second Son. My first time experiencing it in HDR now that I have a capable TV. But beyond that, it's running a perfect locked 60fps in its high resolution mode.

It's still a looker.

SEATLiens

Aug 28, 2019
Seattle
Anyone having an issue with games auto updating even with auto updates/downloads off? Had The last guardian and God of War update on me.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

Yakuza 7 doesn't seem to work at all on my PS5, it stays on the starting screen and then tell me it can't install it (when it has already been installed) ? Anyone else having this issue ? Is there a way to fix it ?
Been playing it on my PS5 fine since release. Hopefully someone else can chime in!

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017

try disabling the internet connection on the console, and then put the disc in, wait for it to automatically install on its own (can take a while), once its done go online again so it can download the game updates. I had a somewhat similar issue with Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and this fix worked for me and others as well.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember if someone posted results already, but I tested Prey's loading times comparing an external HDD and having the game installed in the internal SSD.

Load times are still long, but not as bad as they used to be. Load times were about 50% shorter on average from the internal storage, compared to the HDD.

Unfortunately it's still capped at 30fps, and moving the camera around is as juddery as ever.
Thank you for reporting. Perhaps I'll finish it. Didn't mind the judder but the load times really kept me from starting the game. Really liked the game but the loading was too much.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Was looking at getting SR Third Remastered since its on sale and I'm watching the DF video and you can uncap the frame rate! Well it should easily lock to 60 on PS5. Shit, all the work they did looks tremendous. This looks like a buy.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

I'm not really sure what the difference between Ghost of Tsushima running 4K/60 as a PS4 game vs as a PS5 game really is? Are people expecting upgraded textures? I'm confused.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Thank you for reporting. Perhaps I'll finish it. Didn't mind the judder but the load times really kept me from starting the game. Really liked the game but the loading was too much.

The loading is definitely the fly in the ointment when it comes to Prey. Specially once you reach the Arboretum and the game opens up more, and sometimes you have to endure 5-6 minutes of loading screens just to get from A to B to C.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
It's SO stupid that an unique experience like TLG VR isn't compatible on PS5 just because is labeled as "Demo".
TLG VR is just a thing on his own, a very great and unique experience that is cut out because of a title.

Surely there are other free games like that that aren't compatible anymore on PS5 and it's a shame.

The Awesome Adventures Of Captain Spirit (The Life Is Strange Spinoff) . Isn't playable on PS5 either since it's classed as a demo. Which sucks cause your choices in that can effect Life Is Strange 2.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Dec 12, 2019
Anyone tested Resident Evil 7?

I've checked the game yesterday and encountered weird visual glitches on the beginning. Sunny sky looks like melting lava and forest looks like was washed out of colors.

What kind of issue is could be?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Divinity 2 takes a long time to load its main menu background for some reason. Like a really long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.