• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
darksiders2wejkd.png

The judder is so bad in this game.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny, because 13 Sentinels already had pretty excellent load times on the PS4. Now it's just super smooth. It's almost like it's a native PS5 game in terms of how fast it loads. lol.

I played some last night, and was like, "Damn, did this get a PS5 patch?" XD

You want another example of an already fast game that's how insanely fast: Rayman Legends is practically a cartridge game now.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I wonder how AC Odyssey holds up, I guess we'd need someone to pixel count it because the framerate was always reasonably close to 30fps but it was dynamic 4k with some big differences, and you could definitely notice the better quality image on Series X's higher average res. Would love if it hit (close to) native 4k.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand how people played fighters on last gen consoles. The load time difference between playing Tekken 7 and DOA 6 on PS5 is crazy. On PS4 it would take around 40 seconds of loading between fights on Arcade mode. On PS5 that time is around 12 seconds

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm sorry if I missed this, but has anyone tried Persona 5 and/or Royal for loading times?

I moved Royal over from the external HDD to the internal SSD, and the loading times seems very fast.
My rough times using a stop watch:

From the PS5 home screen, cold boot, into the main menu (past all of the logos, Thieves Guild pop up, etc): 38 seconds.
From my Load Game save file to actual game: 4 seconds.

I honestly don't remember how long it took on the PS4 Pro, but I think it took longer than 4 seconds. lol

Overall, it's been super fast. I'm not sure if Royal had a performance mode or not, but the framerate is certainly smooth.

Goldash

Nov 3, 2020
Buffalo, NY + Toronto, ON
Borderlands 2 in "The Handsome Collection" feels like a brand new game to me. I don't recall it performing or looking this well on the PS4 Pro. Framerate is fast and buttery smooth, and the graphics seem like they're running on the equivalent of PC Ultra. No texture streaming after fast travel as far as I'm aware, which I recall being noticeable on earlier console versions of the game.

I haven't tested a ton of PS4 games so far. Finally beat GTA V story mode over the weekend and the loading times were vastly improved. I barely even heard Tangerine Dream start playing on the opening loading screen, and the character switches seemed as instantaneous as possible. No hint of texture streaming issues, either. Sucks that it's a locked 30 FPS, but I'm sure the PS5 upgrade (hopefully it's free) will include a locked 60 or, at the very least, the ability to toggle graphical enhancements on or off.

Want to try out Driveclub but pretty sure it'll all be placebo outside of loading times. Same goes for Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Madden NFL 18 unfortunately still locks post-play cutscenes to 30 FPS despite cutscenes being 60 FPS on the Xbox One X version. FIFA 14's menus appear to be faster, just as Twitter users seem to be noticing with other games in the FIFA series. Unfortunately its own cutscenes also seem to be running at a lower framerate, along with its notoriously laggy Be A Pro/goalie cam.

There absolutely is something special about playing PS4 games on the new hardware. I'm glad many of Sony's titles already came with unlocked frame rates. Makes me want to actually finish my Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall campaigns.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
It could be my imagination but I feel like Rez Infinite is running too fast. Can someone confirm?

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
I've noticed that there is various audio skips in Lumines Remastered on the Ps5. Hoping that gets patched soon enough (if ever).

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 2 in "The Handsome Collection" feels like a brand new game to me. I don't recall it performing or looking this well on the PS4 Pro. Framerate is fast and buttery smooth, and the graphics seem like they're running on the equivalent of PC Ultra. No texture streaming after fast travel as far as I'm aware, which I recall being noticeable on earlier console versions of the game.
It's been 4k/60 on pro for awhile, must have played before they patched it for pro

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Is the frame rate in SW Jedi: Fallen Order solid on the ps5?

Rented it on ps4 pro with Redbox, fun game but the performance was awful. Now I see it for $30 on black friday, just wondering if the ps5 fixed the game or if I should just get it on my PC.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Rented it on ps4 pro with Redbox, fun game but the performance was awful. Now I see it for $30 on black friday, just wondering if the ps5 fixed the game or if I should just get it on my PC.
Pretty much anything hits its locks now. Fallen Order too. There is gameplay on youtube.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how AC Odyssey holds up, I guess we'd need someone to pixel count it because the framerate was always reasonably close to 30fps but it was dynamic 4k with some big differences, and you could definitely notice the better quality image on Series X's higher average res. Would love if it hit (close to) native 4k.
Should be maxing out at 1620t now

assassinscreedodysseyclktb.png

www.resetera.com

All games with PS4 Pro enhancements

INTRODUCTION This is a visual guide to all PS4 Pro games enhanced over standard PS4. After this introduction, the first list (spread across three posts) is games which have been programmed specifically to take advantage of the new hardware, at release or afterward by patching. The next post...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Should be maxing out at 1620t now

assassinscreedodysseyclktb.png

www.resetera.com

All games with PS4 Pro enhancements

INTRODUCTION This is a visual guide to all PS4 Pro games enhanced over standard PS4. After this introduction, the first list (spread across three posts) is games which have been programmed specifically to take advantage of the new hardware, at release or afterward by patching. The next post...
That value was from pixel counting done by a user on here, but a week or so later Digital Foundry seemed to think it can go all the way up to 4k but were never able to get it above 1584p so I'm not sure where it will actually max out.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
That value was from pixel counting done by a user on here, but a week or so later Digital Foundry seemed to think it can go all the way up to 4k but were never able to get it above 1584p so I'm not sure where it will actually max out.
I hope the dynamic res goes all the way up to 4K. I'd love an excuse to reinstall and wrap up the discovery tour.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
That's just the One X version

With Xbox One X, resolution scales in a window broadly between 2944x1656 all the way up to full 4K - 3840x2160. That's a fairly wide range of potential values then - around 60 per cent of native 4K resolution up to 100 per cent. That range is much more constricted on PS4 Pro - values of 2227x1242 at the lower end to 2816x1584 at the top deliver 33 per cent to 54 per cent of a native 4K framebuffer. But the point is that the delta between lowest and highest measurements on both systems is in the 60 to 70 per cent range - that's a wide range of real estate Ubisoft can work with in maintaining performance

www.eurogamer.net

Why Assassin's Creed Odyssey is best played on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Assassin's Creed returns once again with the excellent Odyssey, built upon the same technological revamp that successfu…

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That's just the One X version

www.eurogamer.net

Why Assassin's Creed Odyssey is best played on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X

Assassin's Creed returns once again with the excellent Odyssey, built upon the same technological revamp that successfu…
Not necessarily, that just says how high he managed to get the dynamic res, there's nothing about it being capped, it may or may not be. In the video he says both systems target 4k. That's why I was saying a pixel count on PS5 is needed.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Solitude

Nov 11, 2020
I think it's important to note that places like Digital Foundry likely used low stress areas to get their highest pixel counts (e.g. looking at floor or the sky).

I'm personally not expecting many PS4 Pro games to suddenly reach native 4K on PS5.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I think it's important to note that places like Digital Foundry likely used low stress areas to get their highest pixel counts (e.g. looking at floor or the sky).

I'm personally not expecting many PS4 Pro games to suddenly reach native 4K on PS5.

You might be surprised, there's PS4 games that hit lows of 20 or even 15 fps ending up at locked 60fps on PS5. If it can manage that, it can probably pull off similar feats with dynamic resolution, especially if a lot of those games were suffering from a lack of CPU power.

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, I have Golem (PSVR) on disc and I installed it today. It shows as playable for me. I still need to setup my VR on the PS5 to test it but it doesn't show unplayable. Hopefully I can try later and it loads up.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make a thread on this but decided to search for it first.
I did the transfer from my PS4 to my PS5 last night and I can see the storage take up by Ace Combat but I can't see it anywhere in my media library.

Is there something I did wrong or am I not using the PS5 UI correctly to launch this game?

Adding this quote in case you came across the solution.

It shows up in the library as Ace Combat 7 for me, even though I don't own AC7. If you click information on the AC7 tile it will show the proper picture/info for AC5. Haven't tried running it but I assume it works normally

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I moved Royal over from the external HDD to the internal SSD, and the loading times seems very fast.
My rough times using a stop watch:

From the PS5 home screen, cold boot, into the main menu (past all of the logos, Thieves Guild pop up, etc): 38 seconds.
From my Load Game save file to actual game: 4 seconds.

I honestly don't remember how long it took on the PS4 Pro, but I think it took longer than 4 seconds. lol

Overall, it's been super fast. I'm not sure if Royal had a performance mode or not, but the framerate is certainly smooth.
Royal was 4k/30 on pro and the initial load was bottlenecked by all those splash screens. Loading a save was relatively fast so it doesn't sound like much has changed on PS5 tbh; it's a game that would benefit from quick resume or activities to load your save directly!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

I don't count pixels but it's buttery smooth and the visuals are cleaner than I remembered on the Pro.

Best of all, no jet engine sounds.

Kydd BlaZe

Apr 17, 2018
Destiny 2 looks like native 4K on PS5. I know that the patch hasn't come out yet, but it looks far crisper than the checkerboard 4K on PS4 Pro.

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
This is a common technique for finding the highest possible value. But Digital Foundry, NXGamer , and VG Tech (as well as I) also give the typical values that are reached in normal play. The PS5 isn't magic, so not all games will be constantly maxed. But it's been raising these modal resolutions considerably versus PS4.

FWIW, I have Golem (PSVR) on disc and I installed it today. It shows as playable for me. I still need to setup my VR on the PS5 to test it but it doesn't show unplayable. Hopefully I can try later and it loads up.
Please let us know how it goes.

I don't count pixels but it's buttery smooth and the visuals are cleaner than I remembered on the Pro.
I do count pixels, and would love to have an opportunity here. Is there any way you can post a 4K screenshot?

The same goes for anyone contributing to the thread. Links or posts of 60fps video and/or 4K screens is extremely beneficial. Thanks in advance for your help!

OP
OP
Liabe Brave

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 2 looks like native 4K on PS5. I know that the patch hasn't come out yet, but it looks far crisper than the checkerboard 4K on PS4 Pro.
Sorry for the double post, but if you could share a 4K screenshot I could take a look. Something during fast motion (of guardian, camera, or both) might be best.

Solitude

Nov 11, 2020
This is a common technique for finding the highest possible value. But Digital Foundry, NXGamer , and VG Tech (as well as I) also give the typical values that are reached in normal play. The PS5 isn't magic, so not all games will be constantly maxed. But it's been raising these modal resolutions considerably versus PS4.

Thank you for clarifying, looking forward to any counts you may be able to supply.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
It could be my imagination but I feel like Rez Infinite is running too fast. Can someone confirm?

I played a bunch of stage 1 this weekend and got 100% shoot down; seemed great performance-wise, but this port has always felt a little off to me, I'm not sure they handled the switch from 4:3 to 16:9 correctly... but maybe I'm just rusty and it was always tuned like this.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Played some Primal yesterday. It's a ps2 game. It gave me a warning when launching it. I noticed a few graphical glitches while playing but nothing game breaking. Hopefully it gets patched.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Supposedly, yes!

You can also just pay $5 for a month of EA Play and blast through the game, as I shall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.