• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Yeah that black glossy finish on the PS5... not good. Great tech in a gaudy, cheap, tacky-as-hell exterior. Not for me thanks, bring on the revision, hopefully with an entirely new approach to design.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Jesus, it really is HUGE.

ElVaLTMXYAAtsQ8
The George Foreman grill barely fits in my cabinet. No chance in hell that monstrosity next to it will fit.

Guess I have no choice but to wait for the slim.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, the Series S is the only one of these boxes that's pleasing to look at in any orientation. It looks like a (smaller) revision of the One S which is already a very nice looking console.
Funny enough XSX won't fit in this unit.
Neither does the PS5 unless you want it to turn into a molten piece of plastic from lack of air flow.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That PS5 stand makes it look almost as broad as the Series X. How long is the stand?

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I don't like the look of either. Ps5 is too router-like and xsx is too boring and boxy.

Saying that, I'm not bothered by the size at all.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
My hats off to Sony: they designed the tackiest console.

PS5 truly is the AntiJapan console. There's a reason they're only sending 100 k of them.
Hi! Not to doubt you, I'm just curious where you got the info that Sony only sent 100K PS5 consoles to Japan :)

Also I kind of agree with your take that the PS5 console is a bit cheesy/edgy (aka ugly imo). But as I said earlier I do think the controller saw massive improvements and am eager to try it.

May 7, 2020
User Banned (2 Months): Platform wars derailing. Relentless history of platform warring.
Sales have nothing to do with aesthetic preference. There are no other PS5 forms to choose besides the current design.
What do you mean. Aesthetics has everything to do with. No one is buying an expensive weaker ugly system . When they can the series x

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Good lord it is such a big machine... I really am sweating on how I'm going to fit everything into my setup with new Series X and this... going to have to get REALLY creative here.

I do think the design is ugly, but I'm still drawn to it. PS4 didn't do much for me, but I really am excited to play PS5!

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
My TV and gadgets have to fit into a certain nook of our living room which I can't do anything about as we have a chimney stack in the way that means I can't move them anywhere else. Looking at the PS5's size, I honestly think that wont be able to fit under my TV unless I buy a new TV unit, which my wife will refuse since we bought the current one less than a year ago.

As much as I want to get into next gen gaming, I think it will have to be the smaller Xbox until the PS5 has a slim version.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017

I measured my entertainment unit and it seems it's gonna fit but now I am thinking it won't have enough airspace.