• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man PS5 looks even worse in homemade shots. Will probably wait for a redesign/update before jumping in.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Series S and X look beautiful. PS5 looks like the macho man at the disco entrance flexing muscles while talking about himself.

eABvFa7.jpg

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nice comparison. I still like the design of the new consoles.
And people wondered why the stand of the Xbox Series X isn't removable. It's because of gamers like him, who don't even think for a second about how to set up to their console. He will be the first one to just tweet "my PS5 died and I dunno why".

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck it's huge!

I still like it though, well, apart from the shiny plastic. Should've gone matt.

ElVbSDmXgAEoI3L

Find Waldo I mean series x in that picture
Funnily enough if there's enough room in the back to exhaust (don't think there is, but still) it might be fine like that. It's the reason for the fins, should give enough space to pull some air in no matter what.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I no longer think this thing is fitting under my the, I may have to purchase an additional table to the left of my unit to fit my Xbox and PlayStation, what a time time this has become.

Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 is a huge monstrosity.
If I do decide to keep my preorder I'm going to try and hide this hideous console in my lounge.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Sony design team needs to rethink things when it come to the eventual slim or pro model. Its just so big and awkward.
Definitely not going to sit vertical. Horizontal is just ugh.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Waring
PS5 is one of the single ugliest consoles I've ever seen in my life. Design is subjective and everything, but I seriously question the taste level of a person who thinks that is a genuinely attractive device.
Seriously, it looks so appalling to me that the only way I can imagine someone liking it, being a raging fanboy.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
You guys waiting for the revision are in for a treat, the PS5 Pro is going to be life-seized Danny Devito in a white trench coat.

Concrete1337

Sep 1, 2020
Honestly its big and I'd prefer black vs the white. But it doesn't look as bad in the pics. I think my biggest issue with it, which isn't captured in the pictures, is all the blue accent lighting. If that can turn off I'd be happy, otherwise hopefully a slim ditches them.

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
I very much look forward to it's first revision, which funny enough is when I look forward to owning it. It's all subjective of course, but I just dislike the PS5 aesthetics so much; and having it be so large and thus stand out so much? I'm going to want their exclusives, but this may the first time the look of the console forces me to wait.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like you can stand it on it's own in that position but isn't it also quite thin relative to the height. I imagine it would tip over really easy like that if bumped.

Just watched the Giant Bomb vid and they confirmed that you shouldn't use it without the stand. Doesn't stand solidly on its own apparently, it wobbles. Won't do that then!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing is for sure, PS5 and Series X look best standing up, horizontal is not the way to go. PS5 is pretty horrible but slim redesign will be on the cards eventually.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
I like the design but it's just too big IMO.
For having seen the XSX and XSS at the store, the XSS will be the best looking console by far.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just watched the Giant Bomb vid and they confirmed that you shouldn't use it without the stand. Doesn't stand solidly on its own apparently, it wobbles. Won't do that then!
Yeah I wouldn't do that, my PS3 famously fell from height because someone tripped over the controller plugged in. Def people should use the stand.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Vertical at a side angle is the way I'm going with my PS5, it's a big one compared to what we're used that's for sure.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Horizontal does a lot for the size issue. Just can't get over the stupid stand needed for horizontal.

Thretau

Oct 31, 2017
PS5 is so huge and ugly that I seriously have to start planning where to put it. If it even fits anywhere on my TV-stand. By far the ugliest console I have ever owned.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
It seems that this time Sony has the ugliest console, but the most game changer controller. I'm fine with that.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Either the PS5 isn't as big as expected or the XSX is bigger than expected. Also wild how the XSX seems so much bigger when on it's side than it does vertical, and somehow bigger than PS5.

Also: I need someone to whip up a chrome extension that will filter out fanboy drive-by posts.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 comparison puts things into perspective. What's with the white plates? There's a comparably compact and slim box underneath it.