• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the ps5 looks like an overdesigned ugly mess, with the glossy bit in the middle being the worst part.
series s is the best looking of the three.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
ElVaiN6XYAA-mXz

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do NOT store any console like this, it will die. Christ.

ElVbSDmXgAEoI3L

I'm hoping to do something similar to this, but I have a lot more depth and width than this example (hence more cooling) than I do height, since my shelving slot is the width of the entire unit. I will also be placing my Series X behind the TV lol.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Again. These ng console are enourmous. Definetly something I want to hide not to show off...
PS5 appears even bigger when in horizontal position (xbox too for some reason).

I dont know.... when i get one i will have to find a solution...

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I think this will be the first time I don't buy a console just because of how bad it looks. I really want to play the PS5 exclusives but there's no way I'm having some giant vaginal lump of glossy plastic on my AV shelf. They could at least include a brown plastic bag to put it.

Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit i still can't get over how ugly the PS5 is. The only way i can stand to look at it without throwing up a little in my mouth is directly head on, and even then only the digital version without the tumour growth for a disk drive. Someone got paid a lot of money to design that trainwreck.

Still, at the end of the day if you can hide it somewhere it doesn't really matter. I'll take an ugly console that's well designed on the inside than something pretty with a miserable failure rate.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Jesus christ. I thought the Series X was big. PS5 is huge and weird as hell. As least Series is a box you can just tetris in somewhere

GK86

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, that glossy center takes the ugly design a step further.

I might have to try and stand this thing up rather than going with my original plan of laying it horizontal. Definitely will be trading it in when a redesign comes out.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Wow when it was first shown I was on the side that liked the design. I take it back, especially on its side.
🤢

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Weren't people saying the glossy middle of the PS5 was just protective film? Genuinely looks ridiculous

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
That is one ugly console. What was Sony even thinking with the shiny black plastic in the middle. It looks horrible and cheap.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I need to see comparions between PS5 and PS4 Pro in the horizontal position so I can know if i can put it in front of the TV and not get that much masked.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing it next to past consoles that were called huge really puts just how big this is into perspective

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here have experience with automotive styling, and are equally triggered by the zebra-stripe analysis on display here??
2-B1-DA10-F-ABEF-40-A6-8-A2-A-C4-ABC13-B62-B0.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Series S and X look beautiful. PS5 looks like the macho man at the disco entrance flexing muscles while talking about himself.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The more I see the S, the more I love it.

I REALLY still dislike the PS5 and somehow the size makes the design more gaudy. Like a weird conversation piece might be cool as a trinket on my desk or coffee table. But a really large one can come off as garish and distracting. I mean, I'm going to put it where it can't be seen anyway, so I don't really care, but I have zero love for it.

I have this house near me that EVERY time you walk by you're super aware that this was the "super modern" 80's house that look sos terribly dated and anachronistic now. I feel like the PS5 is destined to be that house.

Of course, since I wasn't fortunate enough to get a preorder, by the time I get mine, they might have a revision. (That's sarcastic...mostly. I do think it might be awhile before either company catches up to initial demand in retail channels.)

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, the PS5 is way to big.

I legit don't think I have space for it in my current living room setup.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'm wondering if I can realistically use it without the stand in the vertical position like in the top picture. Definitely shaves a bit off and looks loads nicer.

vpavic_4261_20201023_0060.jpg

Feel like you can stand it on it's own in that position but isn't it also quite thin relative to the height. I imagine it would tip over really easy like that if bumped.

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
I hope Sony does a 180 with the slim design. I was hoping it looked better but I just can't see myself selling my white Ps4 launch design with.. that.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Waring
PS5 is one of the single ugliest consoles I've ever seen in my life. Design is subjective and everything, but I seriously question the taste level of a person who thinks that is a genuinely attractive device.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Thought it would be bigger based on all the comments , thats not that bad. Can't wait to get mine , I'll probably set it up vertical