• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which team are you on?

• Double Team (1997)

• Team Walnut

• The A-Team

• Team "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino"

• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The issue I have, and have always have, with the GitHub true believers is that they have to disregard everything multiple, independent insiders have said. And insiders with really, really good track records. This is illogical.
I don't agree. There is some very questionable info taken as valid because it came from insiders with no proven track record, and even reliable insiders had gotten wrong info and that is being disregarded too.

Like this for instance:

4Jrd2jY.png

www.resetera.com

Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT5| - It's in RDNA

The system they will put out under a one SKU strategy is unlikely to be the same one they would release under a two SKU strategy. But they have had a while to think about it already.

This was around the same time we first heard some insiders saying Ps5 > SX. At the same time pretty much every one of the insiders heard that Lockhart was dead.

And as this post shows, around that time the assumption was that SX specs have been lowered since there was no lower end model.

I'm aware of the insiders saying they both wanted to beat stadia number as in higher than 10.7tf and higher than 10tf, no way to account for that with everything that has leaked, but that could easily be outdated info coming from non soc devkits that the companies always have earlier in the process.

Remember how insiders were saying xbox one was actually a super computer because the devkits had a high end gpu coupled with a server cpu monster? Or how Insiders claimed Ps3 was significantly more powerful than 360 again, based on a devkit that had way more gpu power than the actual console? It definitely can happen.

Ashen one

Feb 20, 2020
Similarly, think of how many bad guys Wolverine has infected by not cleaning his claws between attacks.

Swapping blood everywhere!

Actually if you read nr.15 of The official Handbook of the Marvel Universe from 1984 it is detailed that his costume has inert silicon bushin which acts as a resillient body seal.

He does not always use his costume tho, but the mutant skill of regeneration will quickly kill any unknown bacteria so *snikt* -in and out is like wiping the claws with antibac.

Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/7skemc/interesting_diagram_of_wolverines_skeleton_from/

Furthermore the percentage of hits that does not die from initial attack is low, he does not often use his claws to draw blood unless intent to kill.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Perhaps, but there was also specific separated data on GH such as the bandwidth for each one.

The CU results were for oberon, and as he said he believes Oberon is indeed still a 40CU chip such as Ariel.

But there are other evidences of Oberon being a 40CU chip and they match the GH data that it has 36 active.

He is basically saying that all the leaks from GH and amd revisions do add up perfectly. They are of course not the full picture (as vrs and RT shows)
[/QUOTE]
Not saying PS5 may not very well be a 40U chip (more like 36CU active), but the only evidence that suggests that to be the case is the GitHub thing. And as I have said from day one on that, and keep saying apparently.... that leak is without context.

The only thing e can "confirm" from that leak s that BC testing was done. To take that and come to the conclusion that it must also mean the PS5 has 36CU (while possible) however, is premature and ill-informed.

We don't even know if that chip tested didn't already have RT...etc, because RT wouldn't b needed for the BC testing so because it wasn't listed doesn't mean it isn't there. What we know, is just as important as what we don't.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Oberon last readings showed a bandwith of 512/530gbps am I right?

Not a good metric, but taking into account XSX's 560gbps and comparing it to Oberon's rumored 512/530gbps, the Ps5's bandwith could easily feed 11tflops or more.

48CUs @ 1800mhz (350mm2) or 52CUs @ 1700mhz (380mm2)

All of this coming from me without any technical knowledge whatsoever

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oberon last readings showed a bandwith of 512/530gbps am I right?

Not a good metric, but taking into account XSX's 560gbps and comparing it to Oberon's rumored 512/530gbps, the Ps5's bandwith could easily feed 11tflops or more.

48CUs @ 1800mhz (350mm2) or 52CUs @ 1700mhz (380mm2)

All of this coming from me without any technical knowledge whatsoever

the whole thing screams of trying to squeeze as much as possible out of a small chip - 36CU and crazy high clocks, only 256bit memory but expensive GDDR6?

workable for a first 'real silicon' dev kit but kits doesn't shout 'affordable mass market console' - more CUs but slower + wider bus with slower GDDR6 for similar effective bandwidth should be cheaper to produce?

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
Just wanna say hi, I'm reading stuff from Tuesday on page 250, hope everyone stayed safe and didn't get banned.
See you all when I get back to present time. Just 100 pages to go now.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Sony is canceling all their participation on trade events due to coronavirus. I'd surprised if they made their own event right about this week.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
What's the name of that old Microsoft/ Xbox holographic tech that projects a game like Halo on your whole room and there were demos shown about it. I forgot its name, Lightsense or something like that.
Not talking about their recent AR glasses aka Hololens.
This was very old and there was a demo showing Halo getting out of the screen and projected through the whole room.

Illumiroom

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is canceling all their participation on trade events due to coronavirus. I'd surprised if they made their own event right about this week.
At this point, the reveal isn't going to be a traditional press event, but some sort of State of Play like event.

So it could be at any point they get the video presentation together after likely pivoting from an actual event.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeep.
There's going to be ALOT of questionable interpretations - like there was with XSX.

I really hope they just drop the ballpark TF figure, if only so we can put some discussion lines and insider claims away.

The ballpark they officially announce should be "roughly 8 -13 TFs"

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
FFVIIR Demo shadowdropped on the PS Store... I don't know if this could have any link with an eventual announcement of the PS5 tomorrow

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They announced 1.2TF at last launch and didn't care Sony had 1.84TF and MS were even $100 more expensive at the time. They can justify anything, even 12TF, because like Jason said it's coming down to services next gen.

THey really, really tried to avoid announcing 1.24 Tf last time. This time it's completely different.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
But Sony wants to sell those games now. They don't want people to wait to buy them because they'll look prettier on PS5.
Don't worry about TLoU 2.
For Ghost, there is a risk. But I don't think the price of the game will dropped before NG.
No it won't. Most games aren't even going to rely on SSD performance, especially in the early years of the new console generation. We also need to look at the unit numbers here. Next gen consoles with SSDs aren't going to be overtaking the last gen console base instantly and right now there are already millions of PCs that can handle those requirements easily. When the consoles launch, the PC hardware base that have SSDs will already be larger than the next gen console base and this will not change.
That wasn't my point. The point is mandatory SSD.
The same goes with RT (but the impact is more on dev works than design limitation).
Lol, PC holding consoles back :)
So ? What's difficult to understand here. If SSD is not mandatory, it will be.
then how the heck do we have XSXs out in the wild in what looks like near production level casing running 12TF RDNA 2 prototypes?
Those were available in November last year.
Jason told us devs weren't happy about how MS communicate with them (or the lack of, to be more precise). It seems they waited to have a near final prototype to communicate.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): platform warring
When was that? During the tv tv tv announcement, where they only mentioned transistors?

Oh look, disingenuous as always - you can most likely recall something Jim Ryan said 4 years ago if it makes him look bad, but you just can't remember when Microsoft talked confidently about XB1 because it will break your narrative.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is PS5 related, but Kojima may be showing March 3. I think it will Death Stranding related

There are two images back to back. He even makes one smaller (day) and one larger (month). Put it together.

it is 03/03

03/03 is also my birthday so I have some confirmation bias

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Hm... Gamestop took this site down:

On the Internet Archive:

PS5 Console - PlayStation 5 Sign Up for Information | GameStop

Coming in 2020, the PS5 from Sony will be a technical marvel with unique first-party games and enhanced performance. Sign up to be updated about the PS5.

I love how keen they are to stress the ability to play physical disks. This is definitely the number one most important thing for us as a business you as a consumer which is why we're leading with it.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it is PS5 related, but Kojima may be showing March 3. I think it will Death Stranding related

There are two images back to back. He even makes one smaller (day) and one larger (month). Put it together.

it is 03/03

03/03 is also my birthday so I have some confirmation bias

D-Horse for Sam Bridges. I also thought about an official release date for DS on PC.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Sony can adapt their price, so can MS. If they are both the same power wise, then both can afford to charge the same, so waiting to adjust price just doesn't make any sense at this point.
MS can, but it would look pretty silly if they announced the price (their next talking point) only for sony to undercut said price, and then MS then says "actually, we're going to sell it for a bit less"

sony is about 2 stages behind MS as far as showing things are concerned (the box and the specs). do MS wait until sony catches up before announcing a price? or do they keep momentum rolling and announce it "soon"? if they do it gives sony an opening to undercut. and it's the only thing MS could "show" at this stage that could benefit sony. MS announcing specs doesn't allow sony to alter theirs, it's too late for that. but MS announcing price would let them at least consider the approach of undercutting them, even if it meant swallowing a bigger loss per console sold.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Hm... Gamestop took this site down:

On the Internet Archive:

PS5 Console - PlayStation 5 Sign Up for Information | GameStop

Coming in 2020, the PS5 from Sony will be a technical marvel with unique first-party games and enhanced performance. Sign up to be updated about the PS5.

For me Gamestop.com is not accessable in general. Been located in Germany so maybe it is just blocked at certain providers ?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
MS can, but it would look pretty silly if they announced the price (their next talking point) only for sony to undercut said price, and then MS then says "actually, we're going to sell it for a bit less"

sony is about 2 stages behind MS as far as showing things are concerned (the box and the specs). do MS wait until sony catches up before announcing a price? or do they keep momentum rolling and announce it "soon"? if they do it gives sony an opening to undercut. and it's the only thing MS could "show" at this stage that could benefit sony. MS announcing specs doesn't allow sony to alter theirs, it's too late for that. but MS announcing price would let them at least consider the approach of undercutting them, even if it meant swallowing a bigger loss per console sold.
Sony will most likely say everything they next time they show things. Price, specs release date so is guess microsurgery will announce price too

Status
Not open for further replies.