• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2019
Pete Dodd said on recent Doddcast he believes the next-gen version of the game will be delayed a year to force people to have to buy the game twice if they insist on playing it on release date and also want to play on next-gen hardware.
Seriously? Ha. That throws a wrench into my plan.

If true, it'll need more than just graphical enhancements to warrant another purchase from me. Like how current-gen GTAV also had a first-person mode.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On that subjetc, I'm amazed Warner Bros haven't done a proper balls to the wall, open world Blade Runner that is true to the thick atmosphere of the original and the sequel. I know we have cyberpunk, the last night, some br vr experiences and such, but they're hardly in the same vein. I know BR was never a massive hit theatrically but I think it could translate really well to games.

Imagine traversing these rich worlds in a spinner and delving deep in the the neon-lit fog of the streets..

Just think of the possibilities with Rocksteady, UE4+ and Next-Gen Consoles:

0sxBYkIq7Eqb0hNB8nz9dxk6BLUgK0wRAe5t65hSm9o.jpg
Culture_bladerunner_MCDBLRU_EC007.jpg

027_blade_runner_theredlist.0.jpg

I can dream..
I think the biggest thing holding WB back to investing into a AAA Black Runner game is that Blade Runner wasn't a hugely successful movie franchise for them unlike the DC Properties, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
On that subject, I'm amazed Warner Bros haven't done a proper balls to the wall, open world Blade Runner that is true to the thick atmosphere of the original and the sequel. I know we have cyberpunk, the last night, some br vr experiences and such, but they're hardly in the same vein. I know BR was never a massive hit theatrically but I think it could translate really well to games.

Imagine traversing these rich worlds in a spinner and delving deep in the the neon-lit fog of the streets..

I can dream..
..with electric sheep

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
UE + texture streaming + fast SSDs. It'll either be glorious or a trainwreck. Can't work out which yet.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

If true, it'll need more than just graphical enhancements to warrant another purchase from me. Like how current-gen GTAV also had a first-person mode.
This is the thing though. Assuming Cyberpunk was built for current-gen hardware, how much of an "upgrade" will it be on PS5 or XBSX? Worth 60 bucks to those who already bought the game?

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

Keep in mind though, the current-gen version would still be playable on next-gen system, just not look like next-gen game.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
God I hope not. There's nothing more cringey than stage announcements of acquisitions. That stuff should just be a tweet max if that.

Hard disagree. I want to see the studio lead. I want to hear their story. I want to know what projects are in the pipeline. I want to get a feel for the studio culture. All of this is usually revealed at the announce and or within days of announce.

I don't get the reason for bringing PD back. At the time, it was basically a spiritual successor to Goldeneye, and Microsoft's first attempts to bring it back landed pretty flatly. Does anyone have nostalgia for it or even care?

I mean, it could turn into a cool female-fronted tech shooter or action RPG like Deus Ex, but it would need to succeed on its own merits rather than ride the PD name IMO.

I agree mostly. I was one of the folks who enjoyed the 360 game when it launched and played a fair bit. It was cool but mediocre. Much like you I have trouble picturing how a reboot would be interesting or how it would do anything fresh that would take mind share from whats already available. It would have to have a kick ass campaign with great set pieces.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hard disagree. I want to see the studio lead. I want to hear their story. I want to know what projects are in the pipeline. I want to get a feel for the studio culture. All of this is usually revealed at the announce and or within days of announce.
Are you proposing to them or what? Studio acquisitions don't belong on stage or events.

Aug 26, 2019
This is the thing though. Assuming Cyberpunk was built for current-gen hardware, how much of an "upgrade" will it be on PS5 or XBSX? Worth 60 bucks to those who already bought the game?
Keep in mind though, the current-gen version would still be playable on next-gen system, just not look like next-gen game.
Yeah, so since the current-gen version will still be playable on next-gen consoles then the "next-gen" version will really need to do something extra to warrant the purchase. I'm not sure what they'd do but if they have a year then that should be enough time to add some cool stuff. Also, I'm curious as to how the current-gen versions compare to this:

night-city-small.gif

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
On the one hand it makes sense that Sony wouldn't announce acquisitions at the PSM because they would want all the focus on the PS5, it's games and services. Not to mention historical precident for how they have announced such things in the past.

On the other hand if they have multiple new acquisitions to announce or something big then maybe announcing it at the PSM would elevate an already big event even further?

Either way it doesn't matter to me, I just want news! 😃

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Yeah, so since the current-gen version will still be playable on next-gen consoles then the "next-gen" version will really need to do something extra to warrant the purchase. I'm not sure what they'd do but if they have a year then that should be enough time to add some cool stuff. Also, I'm curious as to how the current-gen versions compare to this:

night-city-small.gif
Yep...also, Imagine if the next-gen version was announced for same-day launch as PS5. Pretty much no one planning to buy a PS5 in the first year of launch would get the PS4 version.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
On that subject, I'm amazed Warner Bros haven't done a proper balls to the wall, open world Blade Runner that is true to the thick atmosphere of the original and the sequel. I know we have cyberpunk, the last night, some br vr experiences and such, but they're hardly in the same vein. I know BR was never a massive hit theatrically but I think it could translate really well to games.

I can dream..

Kojima would be the guy even though I wouldn't love it as he seems to be locked to PlayStation. Snatcher was a classic. If he created a modern Snatcher with next gen graphics converted to third person action RPG I would be incredibly happy. Bring back Gillian Seed.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Come February, given the rumours of PS5 reveal, the entire month will essentially be:

6nQvQGT.gif

Is this a dog?

It looks like something out of a Studio Ghibli movie. Lol

I don't get the reason for bringing PD back. At the time, it was basically a spiritual successor to Goldeneye, and Microsoft's first attempts to bring it back landed pretty flatly. Does anyone have nostalgia for it or even care?

I mean, it could turn into a cool female-fronted tech shooter or action RPG like Deus Ex, but it would need to succeed on its own merits rather than ride the PD name IMO.

I'd be up for this. The Deus Ex template, I.e. futuristic openish sci-fi city RPG, is something that appeals to me so much. If MS turned PD into this it would turn a franchise I didn't care about into one of my most anticipated.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hard disagree, Studio acquisitions are really exciting if it's done properly.
I'm a little iffy on the whole 3rd party to 1st party transition but the announcements are still exciting for me. Even better if it's a whole new studio being built ground up!!
New studios that's OK but purchased just seems tacky. Pretty much shooting from the rooftops that you are going to potentially disrupt a lot of people's lives

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
What if their vision is deep and emotional and serious?
I'm up to anything as long as it's good. But I really want it to be campy sci-fi mission based game :)

I can dream..
I'll take anything Blade Runner, even a sequel to the Westwood game (maybe from the Disco Elysium team?).

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the level of violence and fidelity in TLOU2 I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that, really gross stuff.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The PS4 and PS4 Pro run on AMD's Radeon GCN GPU microarchitecture, where as the PS5 will run on the successor to that microarchitecture called Radeon DNA (RDNA). According to Twitter user Is a Parrot, if the PS5 GPU does end up running at 2GHz it will equate to 9.2 teraflops of performance on RDNA, or the equivalent of 14 teraflops on GCN. For comparison, the PS4 Pro achieves 4.2 teraflops and the Xbox One X 6 teraflops.

First time I read this. Interesting.
So my question now is, is the Xbox Series X running 12 GCN teraflops or 12 RDNA teraflops?

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
I'd argue it's the opposite of a safe design. Some people might not even purchase the console based on how it looks and how it may or may not fit into their entertainment setup. I'd say it's definitely a departure from the safe/traditional console designs of the past. Microsoft took a risk with the design here.

The original comment I was replying to wasn't commenting on the visual aesthetics of the SeX console. Visual appeal is very much up to each individual.
Many are having a problem with it's visual aesthetics because it won't fit in most entertainment setups.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Posting rumours from banned sources, ignoring the staff post
Thoughts on this? Shamelessly stolen from a user on the other forum who claimed a friend who works at the store sent it to them. I blocked out a phone number for privacy reasons

sketch-1579371073553.png

Real or fake, wacha think?

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
The PS4 and PS4 Pro run on AMD's Radeon GCN GPU microarchitecture, where as the PS5 will run on the successor to that microarchitecture called Radeon DNA (RDNA). According to Twitter user Is a Parrot, if the PS5 GPU does end up running at 2GHz it will equate to 9.2 teraflops of performance on RDNA, or the equivalent of 14 teraflops on GCN. For comparison, the PS4 Pro achieves 4.2 teraflops and the Xbox One X 6 teraflops.

First time I read this. Interesting.
So my question now is, is the Xbox Series X running 12 GCN teraflops or 12 RDNA teraflops?
They have not mentioned the no of teraflops yet. All we know it's double the gpu power of Xbox one x.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Thoughts on this? Shamelessly stolen from a user on the other forum who claimed a friend who works at the store sent it to them. I blocked out a phone number for privacy reasons

Real or fake, wacha think?
could just be placeholder info rather than "fake" but bf 2020 isn't a thing. And chances of gow, spiderman, hzd2 releasing at the same time or within months of each other is next to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.