• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Great video. A question I have, pertaining to DF wondering whether people who buy an earlier gen version of a MS game will have to double dip to get the next-gen version, is will the Gamepass games automatically get updated to the next-gen versions?

To date there's only been 1 SKU. So if you own the license or get it through gamepass, your console installs the files pertaining to whatever system you're playing on.

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What r the chances of ps meeting being hosted by geoff k?
As the announcement is made that Sony will not be attending E3, PS heads are meeting in San Fran to discuss the PS5 launch road map, including a PS Meeting. The following day Geoff gets a call.

1d3RPyv.png

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He gave you his opinion on what he thinks how is he fishing for an reaction? would it been better of he said it was stronger ? You don't have to agree with every post, not everyone has some underlying motives

I'm not surprised that you're the first person to defend his post.

For context on why his post is problematic:
- We have no confirmation of final specs either way
- He asked the question once already (minus the 'probably weaker' comment) and had some responses. He then asked again, with the 'probably weaker' comment.
- His post history is full of similar stuff

It's clearly a way to get some sort of reaction or kick off the next console warring back and forth in this thread. It's the last thing this thread needs, and his previous post demonstrated that we can discuss the original question sensibly without trying to bring TLOP Warz back into the mix.

I'll continue to report so the mods can handle it if they see an issue.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Just dropped into the MS flight sim thread. Thinking about launch titles, if that appeared on GamesPass at launch, I think it could low-key shift a lot of Xboxes. Not only is it an absolutely stunning tech demo that people will want to use to show off their new toy, it's also something that would impress people who would never usually be interested in games. I mean, who wouldn't be impressed by a flyby of their house?

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
Bigger than the Olympics?

Don't want to go off topic but that's debatable.
The Olympics are all over the place. Sometimes during the night, sometimes during the day.
The Champions League is ideal for Europe and as far as Europe /same time zone is concerned, I would not be surprised if there were at least 150m viewers. The thing is huge here. IMO waaaay more than the Olympics (and the fact that most of the medals get trusted by a few countries does not help to make it more popular).

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
So are you saying non-Gamepass members won't have to double dip to get XBSX version?

seems to be the case. According to Polygon
Furthermore, this compatibility will extend to "all your Xbox One gaming accessories," the company said, and existing subscriptions to services on Xbox One will carry over to Xbox Series X as well.
"We're also investing in consumer-friendly pathways to game ownership across generations," Microsoft said. Beginning with Halo Infinite next year, first-party games, at minimum, will "support cross-generation entitlements and your Achievements and game saves are shared across devices."

Oct 27, 2017
That feels like an eternity away. I can't imagine where this thread will be if we're still talking about Github leaks or dual GPUs 5 months from now.
I feel like they have to do something before that, because no matter how thick that stack of NDA paperwork is, there is no way we aren't getting proper leaks at GDC before a console launch. At that point it's either the info comes out on their own terms or it comes out through that.

edit n/m i saw snakeee's post and that's closer to what I'm expecting tbh

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Just dropped into the MS flight sim thread. Thinking about launch titles, if that appeared on GamesPass at launch, I think it could low-key shift a lot of Xboxes. Not only is it an absolutely stunning tech demo that people will want to use to show off their new toy, it's also something that would impress people who would never usually be interested in games. I mean, who wouldn't be impressed by a flyby of their house?
giphy.gif

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
seems to be the case. According to Polygon
I read that as Xbox1 games will be "compatible" with the XBSX. That doesn't mean that there will be a free patch to upgrade the graphics/feel of those games. Still, if it's true that Gamepass games are upgraded automatically based on the system they are played on, I don't see how MS could convince anyone to buy the same game twice.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's literally the one game that would drive me to buy into Xbox more than anything else. I'd just fly over Japan endlessly. If can play it over Xcloud without having to buy a new console then I'd try that option for sure first though. I have a feeling it's not a launch game though..?? Also curious if the game will run on XB1 and what it would look like if it did.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If someone stated they think PS5 is probably stronger due to whatever reasons (believing certain insiders or whatever reason) I wouldn't call that trolling though.

I have no interest in discussing this with you. If you can't see the issue with the way he posed the question in the context I provided - then there's nothing to say.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
So doing a quick search on google, I didn't see any coverage of the first day of Experience PlayStation event. Wonder went on.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can you please stop fishing for a reaction. It's just trolling at this point.

I am not trying to get anyone to react I don't care if anyone responds to me lol

I am speculating that the PS5 will be weaker. I've thought that ever since it became known that there would be 2 Xbox Sku's, because it means Xbox is able to sell a box that might be too much to money to market to the masses but the hardcore will buy.

Me saying this is no more better or worse than anyone speculating the other way. You can put me on ignore if you'd like.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I read that as Xbox1 games will be "compatible" with the XBSX. That doesn't mean that there will be a free patch to upgrade the graphics/feel of those games. Still, if it's true that Gamepass games are upgraded automatically based on the system they are played on, I don't see how MS could convince anyone to buy the same game twice.

I guess Its possible that MS would want to charge for a patch, but that hasn't been the case to date.

It doesn't seem like MS really has an interest in making people pay for multiple licenses for the same games.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
It's literally the one game that would drive me to buy into Xbox more than anything else. I'd just fly over Japan endlessly. If can play it over Xcloud without having to buy a new console then I'd try that option for sure first though. I have a feeling it's not a launch game though..?? Also curious if the game will run on XB1 and what it would look like if it did.

Don't think they've said anything about dates yet beyond 2020, and that could be just for the PC version for all I know. I guess we'll find out soon.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I am not trying to get anyone to react I don't care if anyone responds to me lol

I am speculating that the PS5 will be weaker. I've thought that ever since it became known that there would be 2 Xbox Sku's, because it means Xbox is able to sell a box that might be too much to money to market to the masses but the hardcore will buy.

Me saying this is no more better or worse than anyone speculating the other way. You can put me on ignore if you'd like.
I understand this forum has more playstation fans than Xbox. Im okay with that. I'm not okay with the thought that Xbox fans have to walk on eggshells so they don't trigger people sensitivities on which pieces of plastic will be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.