• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
oh sorry, I apologise.

It was on console warring and personal attacks on someone else. My bad.

tenor.gif

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not going to detail the thread too discuss Klee again. So I'll just say that it was clear in many of his responses that people were not listening and/or attacking him. He had fans in this thread, sure - but it appears he was copping it both here, and outside of Era.
That's fair I don't know what he was going though off this board, but in this specific thread he received majority of the love and was used as a source in every competing discussion

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Can someone explain this pill thing? I've seen a few members mention it now but I don't understand how it relates to era or gaming, only the matrix.
It's a reference to something that happened in another forum years ago, and thus has zero relevance to this thread or forum.

Bringing it up just seems like a petty barb borne out of an unresolved and old grudge, all to discredit someone before they've even begun the vetting process. Sad.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just as NAVI was rushed to market, so was RTX. The jump with ampere will be big. AMD's patent addresses things NVIDIA didn't implement in time and some things that must be addressed in DXR as well.
Yeah. I expect consoles to fall somewhere between RTX 2XXX and RTX 3XXX. But most probably closer to 2XXX to the latter.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain this pill thing? I've seen a few members mention it now but I don't understand how it relates to era or gaming, only the matrix.

It's a reference to the posts Osiris was making on GAF a few years ago claiming to know what was coming for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and ultimately being wildly wrong.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I'm largely unaware of all the intricate snake-like politicing and drama that goes on here in regards to whatever love/hate/worship/attacks that go on here in regards to insiders and whatnot.

I believe I've said this before years ago - and it remains true universally imo.

To those whom it applies, both negatively and positively - can't you all treat other people like a normal human being, preferably as if you're with that person as if you're in the same room together.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair I don't know what he was going though off this board, but in this specific thread he received majority of the love and was used as a source in every competing discussion
Have to commend on the amount of love that you showed though. The adoration was too much that it was a factor that this thread was closed for a while.

We need more of those rainbows and sunshine.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ampere is going to completely destroy anything amd puts out this year. from what i understand, their 20 series was actually on 16nm. going to 7nm or most likely 7nm euv is going to be a massive 2.5x jump.

i mean their 225w rtx 2080 is a 545 mm2 chip which consume less watts than amd's 250mm2 7nm chip which competes with the 175w 2070. going to 7nm+, they should be able to get the size down to 200mm2 for the same number of shader processors. power usage should be down substantially as well. i mean their 16nm cards already push 1.95ghz on 545mm2 chips, imagine what they can achieve on 7nm.

i am pretty certain that their 3080 card will offer rtx 2080 ti levels of performance or a 17 tflops gpu. i wouldnt be surprised if their 3070 would offer 17 tflops. pretty sure the rtx 2070 is a 36 cu card, the 2080ti is 68 cus worth of shader processors. should be possible with a node shrink that extensive.

it will be interesting to see what they do with all that extra space. save on die costs? go with higher clocks? cpu level clocks possible now? keep the same size die and increase rt cores and shader processors?

either way, amd is fucked. even if nvidia has nothing ready for this year. by the time they come out next year with a 30 tflops 3080 ti, no one is going to give a shit about an overpriced 20 tflops gpu from amd. let alone those 12-14 tflops gpus in consoles.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Have to commend on the amount of love that you showed though. The adoration was too much that it was a factor that this thread was closed for a while.

We need more of those rainbows and sunshine.
Dude, what's your problem lol? He was banned already, no? "paid his dues" you could say.

These personal attacks do nothing but make you look petty.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what's your problem lol? He was banned already, no? "paid his dues" you could say.

Just report him and move on, he's already detailed enough.

OT: dual GPUs are not happening, I feel like it's just added complexity for complexity sake

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
User banned 1 week: Continuous behavior of antagonizing other members and console warring.
The best quote from Klee was when he said on August 14th that "In terms of next Gen console data.....all I will say is....those who know, don't tell and those who are speaking, don't know. And I'm out..." right before he started a lengthy period of speaking on here about next gen consoles :)

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Jfc
Radical concept for everyone in this thread: go 24 hours without attacking anyone else and simply say "respectfully, I disagree". No chipped shoulders, no persecution complexes, no warring, no personal attacks, just be fucking decent to each other for a single day. Please?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
The best quote from Klee was when he said on August 14th that "In terms of next Gen console data.....all I will say is....those who know, don't tell and those who are speaking, don't know. And I'm out..." right before he started a lengthy period of speaking on here about next gen consoles :)
What data did he give? He hinted at things, and talked about relative performance, but I never recall him giving specifics.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
And more attacking even after he's banned.
You guys know when both consoles are super close like most insiders have said you're going to be ok right?

...that none of this cross interference talk actually makes the chips slower? Sometimes I feel like I have to ask.

Going forward I'm just reporting every time I see it.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Is there anyone here who actually expects a dual GPU set up, or is everyone just using it as a punch line? I can't imagine people genuinely thinking it's happening.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends.

Are they in my preferred plastic box? Or the enemies plastic box?

Let's assume they're both doing it.

Not happening imo, you not building a SOC to have multiple gpus... Just doesn't make sense imo.
OT: dual GPUs are not happening, I feel like it's just added complexity for complexity sake

Yeah I think you're both right. There's really no scenario where it seems to make sense.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
You know for all the talk of hardware RT I just realized that with better cards on pc than what we're gonna get in the new consoles it barely hits 1080/60 with minimal RT use

what do we realistically expect of RT? Especially since most will hopefully aim for 4K/60

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Please. Stop. Klee has gone and he can't hurt you anymore.

Aug 26, 2019
Xbox Series X is already confirmed to have 2 GPUs:

Graphics Processing Unit
Game Pass Ultimate

I don't get why everyone's acting like it's a big deal

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone here who actually expects a dual GPU set up, or is everyone just using it as a punch line? I can't imagine people genuinely thinking it's happening.

Punch line mostly. I think there only reason it's had any airtime at all is because during the Github leak fiasco, it appeared to be the only way to reconcile the specs with the insider rumours.

M3rcy

Oct 27, 2017
The pcie database suggests that Ariel has two different memory controllers whilst Arden has one

No it doesn't. It has two buses. People jumped to the conclusion that they were memory buses. The fact that these same two buses are in bog-standard AMD Raven Ridge APUs makes me doubt this highly.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
And more attacking even after he's banned.
You guys know when both consoles are super close like most insiders have said you're going to be ok right?

...that none of this cross interference talk actually makes the chips slower? Sometimes I feel like I have to ask.

LOL, that is hardly an attack. I used the man's own words as a way to poke fun at all of the insider talk. I have always said that he wasn't lying and had some information from his friend.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know for all the talk of hardware RT I just realized that with better cards on pc than what we're gonna get in the new consoles it barely hits 1080/60 with minimal RT use

what do we realistically expect of RT? Especially since most will hopefully aim for 4K/60
I assume that "4k/60" is without RT. without any clue as to how well AMD's RT solution works, it's hard to say any which way

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I defended Tom Warren when he was getting shat on, and I actually defended yearsoflurking when someone posted a terrible joke about his parenting a month or so back. It's in my post history in the past OT.

So no, it's nothing personal. I just call it when it is. Some here need to get their act together and not take if as an affront if someone gives inside info that doesn't fit their narrative. He definitely fit that bill and I won't be surprised if the same thing happened again.

Oh and on Klee and Osiris? You can check my history on what I feel about their past info. It's nothing pro-Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.