• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I'm happy because I don't have to see that ugly ass mofo Kratos in super high fidelity

You doubt SSM?! They'll do magic with whatever hardware they got. You WILL see a super high fidelity Kratos.
Lol. I'm playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider right now and this game is miserable with hidden loading screens.

I actually just started playing this a couple days ago. Not too bad because it doesn't happen often (I just did the flooding part)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Jesus.... the guy hasn't even said anything and the dogs are already loose.

we should change this sites name to NOinsidERA

Claims to know not only hardware but software information from both east and western markets for both platforms. He's a self proclaimed ultimate insider which is the issue. He's not verified but you can't have a member claiming facts one place then saying it's all just rumours else where, especially when there is user crossover. It just stirs things up in a bad way.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
And what evidence do you have that the GitHub data has anything to do with the chip inside PS5?
Never mind the fact that it had questions surrounding it after folks started digging thru it. And hanging out in smartphone forums, messing around with custom ROMs I knew that github is legit. That why I immediately was like, ok 9.2 it is.

But it's not solid proof....lol. Because of the questions surrounding it then and now.

I am lmao right now.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Claims to know not only hardware but software information from both east and western markets for both platforms. He's a self proclaimed ultimate insider which is the issue. He's not verified but you can't have a member claiming facts one place then saying it's all just rumours else where, especially when there is user crossover. It just stirs things up in a bad way.
He hasn't even claimed anything here yet, he explicitely said he'd wait to get vetted.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, did ruthentic comment on specs?
He was legit from what I rememeber.

I had previously copied all the questions and answers that Ruthenicookie had answered on Reddit. Here you go:

Q:
Is there any other things you know?
A:
PS experience returning, Most devs already have dev kits for ps5 ( Spoiler: It's a monster), Sony prepping hard for ps5 and one of the reason for no e3 next year because they blew all their load this year and got nothing new to show next year (They want to show new stuff at psx)

Q:
So should I expect actual PS5 stuff at PSX2019? Gonna be the PS5 reveal event?
A
Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though

Q:
Small PS5 reveal in mid-2019?!
A:
Remember the very first ps4 reveal ? Something like that but hey then again Plans might change

Q:
If they reveal anything "mid 2019", then it should be releasing by the holidays or they're killing their PS4 sales.
A:
They are almost at 100 million, It already ascendant immortality in Sony's eyes

Q:
Do you know when the big exclusives are coming that have been announced until now? So like Death Stranding and The last of us 2? Are they still scheduled for ps4? Maybe for ps4 and ps5?
A:
Mostly on both but obviously going to be made for the PS5, Most developers already has the dev kit for ps5 and from what I've heard EA is testing Anthem on it

Edit : Anthem is a mess on This gen Consoles, Going to get delayed again

Q:
Anthem Developer clarifies Anthem being delayed is "not a thing"
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/361276515973070859/512773036135546900/unknown.png
A:
Maybe they improved on some aspects that decided to cancel the delay, I'll confirm the Anthem situation with my source

Edit : Same answer as before it will get delayed, The thing is The Modified Frostbite engine on consoles isn't performing how they want to, The gameplay you see on live-streams are all modified demos

Edit edit : Ea wants it out before their earning report in March. That's all that matters not if the game is ready or not

Q:
Do you know how much of a monster it is?
A:
4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster

Q:
So what are some of the launch games should we expect then or around that time?
A:
Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game and off course the main event

KNACK III BABY jk

Q:
Do you mean TLOU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be cross-gen?
A:
Can't say for sure about Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding is still in polishing stage, Sony doesn't want to make them ps5 exclusives because they advertised them as ps4 games the first times but then again all 3 games has no official release (Publicly) thus no preorder soo the plans might change

Q:
Hmm, that'd put it square in 1080 to 1080 TI level of performance, probably with some ray-tracing features so closer to 1080.

Calling it right now, 11.5 TFLOPs with ray-tracing support on par with mid-high tier RSX, octa-core performance near Ryzen 1700x levels but based on Zen 2 architecture for feature compatibility. 16GB GDDR6, UHD Blu-Ray support, 1TB HDD, $399.99

But assuming they're willing to lose up to $50 per unit at $400, I can see the memory increasing to 24GB GDDR6.
A:
Only thing i can tell right now for specs is Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$

PS VR 2 on the other hand will have no breaker box this time around it'll be inside the console

Q:
Is there any info on PS VR2? Like resolution, built in wireless? Eye tracking maybe?
A:
No Breaker Box

Has a Camera (DS5 is going to have that too)

New Ps move controllers

They are also testing some gloves to go with the vr

Q:
Confirm Ape Escape 4 please
A:
Confirmed

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I don't know what is going on half the time, I just want a good PS5 for PSVR2, I can't work out if it's going to be a really fast and hot paperweight or some exotic super-console of secret features. I love the constant roller-coaster action though.

Haha, I come in here each day to all these pages. I check for new thread marks and there are none. What happened? "PS5 is now 7-8 TFs" lol

Jun 23, 2019

Might want to let the mods do their thing and not backseat mod, Mr. Holmes.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy because I don't have to see that ugly ass mofo Kratos in super high fidelity
giphy.gif

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, season 2! Season 1 was great. Some good characters got written out but that's the nature of the business I guess. The ending could have been a bit better with all of the plot twists and reveals but I'm willing to bet they bring Klee back for the finale.

beta

Dec 31, 2019
Do we know yet why the Arden and Ariel PCIE setups seem to have different bus topologies?. To me it looks like Ariel has two different memory busses whilst Arden has a single memory bus. Sorry if this has been answered already it just seemed interesting to me considering we haven't heard rumours about that yet from most sources.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know yet why the Arden and Ariel PCIE setups seem to have different bus topologies?. To me it looks like Ariel has two different memory busses whilst Arden has a single memory bus. Sorry if this has been answered already it just seemed interesting to me considering we haven't heard rumours about that yet from most sources.
I recall something like this was the case but to my knowledge we do not know why.

Personae

Oct 29, 2017
I used to watch TV shows at night. Now i just scroll through this topic LOL
Me too lol
We had a benchmark leak of an 8 core mobile ryzen 2 paired with something from AMD that scored higher than a 2080ti and all it got from this thread was a bit of a shrug? Did I miss something?
This thread has its own vibe. I'm pretty sure it will circulate again if necessary. We have enough heat and confusion honestly I'm glad someone gave that shrug.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
We had a benchmark leak of an 8 core mobile ryzen 2 paired with something from AMD that scored higher than a 2080ti and all it got from this thread was a bit of a shrug? Did I miss something?
If it's a single AMD GPU, it's probably over 15TF which doesn't seem to be relevant to this thread :)
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $700
Xbox Series X $1000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying
Oh man, my rent alone is 2000$ :/
I'm moving to wherever you are from!

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
My theory for Oberon which is getting so many revisions, even this late, less than 12 months away from launch of next-gen, is that it's not specifically for the next-gen consoles, but is probably a chip that will be used for PlayStation Now (if that's what they continue to call it for Cloud). That's also if it's being used at all for PlayStation.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I still find an E stepping to be a bit high. I'm no engineer but 5 steppings sound like there were issues with the chips or as some have suggested they were waiting on tech? I don't know which would be more probable, maybe someone more technical could explain it better.

E steppings happen. It is high, but it happens. Even more steppings happen. I've worked on an F stepping. That's not even counting the metal only steppings.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
My theory for Oberon which is getting so many revisions, even this late, less than 12 months away from launch of next-gen, is that it's not specifically for the next-gen consoles, but is probably a chip that will be used for PlayStation Now (if that's what they continue to call it for Cloud). That's also if it's being used at all for PlayStation.
We should ask komachi to clear it up, but it seems he's going off 13f9 having 5 revisions.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I had previously copied all the questions and answers that Ruthenicookie had answered on Reddit. Here you go:

Q:
Is there any other things you know?
A:
PS experience returning, Most devs already have dev kits for ps5 ( Spoiler: It's a monster), Sony prepping hard for ps5 and one of the reason for no e3 next year because they blew all their load this year and got nothing new to show next year (They want to show new stuff at psx)

Q:
So should I expect actual PS5 stuff at PSX2019? Gonna be the PS5 reveal event?
A
Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though

Q:
Small PS5 reveal in mid-2019?!
A:
Remember the very first ps4 reveal ? Something like that but hey then again Plans might change

Q:
If they reveal anything "mid 2019", then it should be releasing by the holidays or they're killing their PS4 sales.
A:
They are almost at 100 million, It already ascendant immortality in Sony's eyes

Q:
Do you know when the big exclusives are coming that have been announced until now? So like Death Stranding and The last of us 2? Are they still scheduled for ps4? Maybe for ps4 and ps5?
A:
Mostly on both but obviously going to be made for the PS5, Most developers already has the dev kit for ps5 and from what I've heard EA is testing Anthem on it

Edit : Anthem is a mess on This gen Consoles, Going to get delayed again

Q:
Anthem Developer clarifies Anthem being delayed is "not a thing"
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/361276515973070859/512773036135546900/unknown.png
A:
Maybe they improved on some aspects that decided to cancel the delay, I'll confirm the Anthem situation with my source

Edit : Same answer as before it will get delayed, The thing is The Modified Frostbite engine on consoles isn't performing how they want to, The gameplay you see on live-streams are all modified demos

Edit edit : Ea wants it out before their earning report in March. That's all that matters not if the game is ready or not

Q:
Do you know how much of a monster it is?
A:
4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster

Q:
So what are some of the launch games should we expect then or around that time?
A:
Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game and off course the main event

KNACK III BABY jk

Q:
Do you mean TLOU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be cross-gen?
A:
Can't say for sure about Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding is still in polishing stage, Sony doesn't want to make them ps5 exclusives because they advertised them as ps4 games the first times but then again all 3 games has no official release (Publicly) thus no preorder soo the plans might change

Q:
Hmm, that'd put it square in 1080 to 1080 TI level of performance, probably with some ray-tracing features so closer to 1080.

Calling it right now, 11.5 TFLOPs with ray-tracing support on par with mid-high tier RSX, octa-core performance near Ryzen 1700x levels but based on Zen 2 architecture for feature compatibility. 16GB GDDR6, UHD Blu-Ray support, 1TB HDD, $399.99

But assuming they're willing to lose up to $50 per unit at $400, I can see the memory increasing to 24GB GDDR6.
A:
Only thing i can tell right now for specs is Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$

PS VR 2 on the other hand will have no breaker box this time around it'll be inside the console

Q:
Is there any info on PS VR2? Like resolution, built in wireless? Eye tracking maybe?
A:
No Breaker Box

Has a Camera (DS5 is going to have that too)

New Ps move controllers

They are also testing some gloves to go with the vr

Q:
Confirm Ape Escape 4 please
A:
Confirmed

Those Ruthencookie claims were all basically fortune teller style double-speak / wrong.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Osiris chooses to do here, can we not make the thread about him, whether as a target or put up on a pedestal? Neither would be good for the thread and would likely just contribute to more drama and eventually them leaving. There were too many emotions involved with Klee's input and that was made very clear when he requested his ban. People treating him like a fallen war hero or talking about him bring joy. These are consoles we're speculating on, I find some of the talk interesting, but getting too invested tends to backfire it seems.

In reality, i would expect next gen console RT solutions to dramatically increase ray/Pixel over what we currently see.

Talk about interesting. I always figured the RT capabilities of these consoles would be scaled back compared to what we've been seeing on console for a couple reasons: one, I wouldn't expect AMD to put in a comparable amount of investment into RT as Nvidia has and two, I'm expecting these next gen GPUs to be quite a bit weaker than say a 2080ti, and those performance limitations would trickle over to what's capable with RT. However, I'm getting the impression that you're saying the RT will be even more advanced than what we've been seeing?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't everyone talking shit about Osiris like the last two OTs? Now it's new gospel since he posts here now!? ... Tf? I need to Ignore this thread now. This is too much.

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 gpu cannot be a 9.2TF gpu under the reasons shown in the github leak.
It might be 7TF, 8TF, 12TF, or even 9.2TF, but not 36CUs @2000Mhz.
Honestly, people should consider forgeting about that number, because there is no way in this world, and there is no breakthrough in thermals and efficiency that would allow 2Ghz navi cores to even exist inside of an APU that should be used for at least 8 years.
I don't get why highly educated people (in hardware terms) such as Richard Leadbetter couldn't dismiss the 2000Mhz idea right away.
Thanks for saying what I have been meaning to say.

NX Gamer also said something along that line here.

Jun 23, 2019
Whatever Osiris chooses to do here, can we not make the thread about him, whether as a target or put up on a pedestal? Neither would be good for the thread and would likely just contribute to more drama and eventually them leaving. There were too many emotions involved with Klee's input and that was made very clear when he requested his ban. People treating him like a fallen war hero or talking about him bring joy. These are consoles we're speculating on, I find some of the talk interesting, but getting too invested tends to backfire it seems.

I find this interesting this was the part you hit on instead of the absolutely horrible way he was treated after putting his name and reputation on the line. You're right though, let's not make the thread about Osiris, lest more zealous fans run him off again after hearing information they don't like.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Talk about interesting. I always figured the RT capabilities of these consoles would be scaled back compared to what we've been seeing on console for a couple reasons: one, I wouldn't expect AMD to put in a comparable amount of investment into RT as Nvidia has and two, I'm expecting these next gen GPUs to be quite a bit weaker than say a 2080ti, and those performance limitations would trickle over to what's capable with RT. However, I'm getting the impression that you're saying the RT will be even more advanced than what we've been seeing?
I figured raytracing would be better than what we currently have or started out with in the PC space for the simple reason that time and experience comes into play. Being as a person who thought raytracing would be in the launch console (xbox at the time...I wasn't sure on sony, glad that they are as well) it's not surprising that years later we would have better capabilities. Also gotta remember that devs have more time with the techniques used. We'll have more white papers on the subject. GDC will be a good place to talk about some more in depth techniques and how it's being used.

Then on the hardware side, of course AMD looked at solutions and you have MS who worked with Nvidia on bringing raytracing to PCs so you cross the knowledge bases when designing the chips for the consoles (along with AMD have smart people working there as well) and it makes sense. Along with AMD is looking to bring high performance at a lower cost...Nvidia is more like...fuck you guys, you gonna pay for this shit.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
It would fit the fact that Ariel is 448GB/s and Arden is 530GB/s.

Nov 11, 2017
I find this interesting this was the part you hit on instead of the absolutely horrible way he was treated after putting his name and reputation on the line. You're right though, let's not make the thread about Osiris, lest more zealous fans run him off again after hearing information they don't like.
Majority of this thread treated him with nothing but love and respect , you have a weird persecution complex problem going on. Klee was given pages and pages of goodbyes and I'll miss yous. Other insiders such as Albert tom Warren klobrille etc have been treated and receive 1/5th of the love. This thread loved klee hence the threadmarks

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing Other Users
Majority of this thread treated him with nothing but love and respect , you have a weird persecution complex problem going on. Klee was given pages and pages of goodbyes amd I'll miss yous. Other insiders such as Albert tom warren klobrrile etc have been treated and receive 1/5th of the love. This thread loved klee hence the threadmarks
weren't you banned for shitting on Klee.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Regarding the potential price of the consoles, admittedly I don't follow the news much but I recall all the talk about the US/China trade war potentially affecting the consoles as well. Has that situation been ironed out or is that still a very real factor in this whole thing?

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Just as NAVI was rushed to market, so was RTX. The jump with ampere will be big. AMD's patent addresses things NVIDIA didn't implement in time and some things that must be addressed in DXR as well.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017

From what I've seen, he wasn't treated any horrible way, instead some people took issue with some of the posters here using his comments to stonewall any conversation that didn't fit a certain narrative. I thought some of his comments were interesting while other stuff seemed to stir the pot. He specifically pointed to the attention as one of the reasons he left, that could both be his worshipers or detractors. All I'm saying is all of that nonsense shouldn't repeat itself.

Jun 23, 2019
Majority of this thread treated him with nothing but love and respect , you have a weird persecution complex problem going on. Klee was given pages and pages of goodbyes and I'll miss yous. Other insiders such as Albert tom Warren klobrille etc have been treated and receive 1/5th of the love. This thread loved klee hence the threadmarks

Holy shit, this is revisionism at its finest.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey hey. It's next gen time baby.

Where can I find those videos and memes? Do we have a thread for that?

An example is the ending of Mission Impossible 2 with all the main console CEO's faces.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.