• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

IpDAgCi.gif

270b6da388a610c81819141ad79eab27.jpg

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Hopefully, this will put to bed that PS5 may not have HW based RT speculation to rest forever.

Oh wait, now folks gotta talk how it might compare with XSeX.

HW RT in my opinion is a strong evidence against the theory that Sony misjudged 7nm yields and has decided to overclock 7nm RDNA1 to compensate. AMD clearly didn't have HW RT silicon ready for 2019 so the Sony chip is almost surely not based on 2019 tech unless AMD for what reason had HW RT ready last year but didn't launch it (unlikely) or Sony is using some esoteric solution (even less likely).

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they confirmed HW RT, the thing that so many speculated that might not be on PS5 (because Cerny was talking about Audio RT) and gave Matt and some other folks who claim to be in the know shit for.

Cerny confirmed hardware RT for graphics before. Audio RT was just an example he gave, in the next article he clarified it.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Doesn't necessarily mean anything but yeah.. it might.

The SSD speed might actually matter though; especially if their customization lower CPU usage during reads.

For one if they have a faster SSD with less CPU usage during loads they can definitely sell a machine with less RAM. But devs would have to design around that so not sure how that plays out for multiplats.
Wouldn't this be like the esram situation with the xbox one

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
The best way that Sony could end this is by saying "you think we'd only give you a logo?" and then they show the damn PS5 and it ends. Mic drop.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all should just make a separate thread titled fake next gen leaks so you don't have to go to another website to find them lol.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
We all knew that nothing was going to happen today. If you feel disappointed, its your own fault for having any expectations at all. I am actually surprised that there has been some news at all (logo for PS5, CPU pic for XSeX). I am mostly watching the stream because I want to know if they have any new camera announcements going on.

Aug 26, 2019
Said this yesterday so I can't be disappointed when that's what actually happened. I really wish we had gotten a better idea of when we can hear more though.
I hope we get a PS5 logo at CES. They'll probably stick with the same font and i can already imagine what it'll look like in my head but small things like that get me hype

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
HW RT in my opinion is a strong evidence against the theory that Sony misjudged 7nm yields and has decided to overclock 7nm RDNA1 to compensate. AMD clearly didn't have HW RT silicon ready for 2020, so the Sony chip is almost surely not based on 2019 tech unless AMD for what reason had HW RT ready last year but didn't launch it (unlikely) or Sony is using some esoteric solution (even less likely).

Now this is an interesting proposition. Given Oberon may be on E0 revision, their plans and yields might be finally coming together after being behind schedule. After all, holiday season is still plenty of time away.

Cerny confirmed hardware RT for graphics before. Audio RT was just an example he gave, in the next article he clarified it.

I remember that and I also remember a lot of concern trolling with it too.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Welp

thanks for nothing CES

A dedicated PlayStation segment is still more than I expected at CES.

Now, the excruciating wait for 'coming months'. The pessimist in me thinks we ain't getting a PS meeting in February either.

Now this is an interesting proposition. Given Oberon may be on E0 revision, their plans and yields might be finally coming together after being behind schedule. After all, holiday season is still plenty of time away.

We don't know how old these revisions actually are, or how many are still in the pipeline. They have been on track all along, these things are mapped out years in advance.

I remember that and I also remember a lot of concern trolling with it too.

Not sure if you were around last week, but there was plenty of discussion about how their Hardware based RT solution is external and not from AMD...

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
meanwhile Sony have been busy announcing TVs without variable refresh rates. Not 4 the players

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
My wife happened to come up to my Bonus Room as Jim said "here is our new logo". She then said, isn't that the same logo as the PS4 but with a 5? I LOL at that. That was no reaction to that from the crowd as expected. It just seemed odd, the way Jim said, "I am proud to reveal our new logo" and yeah that was odd.

Well, I mentioned as did others not to get your hopes up and unless something else is shown when they talk about the TV's, I think this was it for the gaming division. So basically nothing unless a PS4 logo with a 5 on the end of it excites you.

Lol, yeah. I mean ultimately it doesn't matter. And MS just made their"XBOX" logo bolder, but I was like "Oh snap, new logo?" Expecting some sort of new design language, but then was just like "waaaaait a second..."

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
A dedicated PlayStation segment is still more than I expected at CES.

Now, the excruciating wait for 'coming months'. The pessimist in me thinks we ain't getting a PS meeting in February either.
yea I have to agree that sounds pretty shitty. But I refuse to give up hope now.
February Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.