• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
One question I wish Klee could come in here and answer right now: Did Sony screw up badly in their plans for the PS5, or will everything about their plan make sense and look brilliant when the final specs are revealed?
Klee has said everything is awesome.
Long time lurker( really long!) first time poster! Beta Games is a placeholder for our studio, which btw just officially became Cesium Studios!! My team and I are super excited and really looking forward to next gen while being a part of ResetEra!! The community here is amazing and although things are a little bit crazy because of recent events, we feel there's no better place where passionate gamers can come together and express their love for our particular art form....video games!!! There's a few things left for our studio to do to become fully operational that will take time but afterwards we will go through the verification process with the administrators and moderators. Once that process is complete, we have a huge surprise for the ResetEra community!!
Can't wait, welcome!

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Long time lurker( really long!) first time poster! Beta Games is a placeholder for our studio, which btw just officially became Cesium Studios!! My team and I are super excited and really looking forward to next gen while being a part of ResetEra!! The community here is amazing and although things are a little bit crazy because of recent events, we feel there's no better place where passionate gamers can come together and express their love for our particular art form....video games!!! There's a few things left for our studio to do to become fully operational that will take time but afterwards we will go through the verification process with the administrators and moderators. Once that process is complete, we have a huge surprise for the ResetEra community!!

Welcome!

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Maybe one day Sony and MS will allow us to use two consoles connected together through a specialized port for even more power. So 24TF and 18TF for XSX and PS5, for example.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why the reaction?, is it because I said "past console war"? what better way to describe the current (and soon to be last) system gen battle?, I didn't use it in an inciendary manner so I don't get all of the "gasp!" reactions to my post. *shrugs*
You should spend less time on the old place where this narrative just came up again, coincidentally.
It leads to nothing and the narrative itself is wrong.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome and good luck .

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Happy New Thread for a Happy New Year! Hope y'all have a great day today folks as we continue to count down to CES!

Jun 23, 2019

Welcome and good luck in 2020!

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017

Welcome!
Strap in, it's only going to get bumpier from here...

Oct 27, 2017
You should spend less time on the old place where this narrative just came up again, coincidentally.
It leads to nothing and the narrative itself is wrong.

I just had a peek at the old place, I haven't been on for many, many months.And Holly hell, it's a real shitshow, place as gone to the dogs! I Just read a couple of pages, and every single post would of earned a ban on here!!! We are better than that Folks, let's not engage in the console warring :)

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Maybe one day Sony and MS will allow us to use two consoles connected together through a specialized port for even more power. So 24TF and 18TF for XSX and PS5, for example.

This has been possible since the playstation 3, possibly the playstation 2. Multiple consoles could be connected to enable the power to do multi monitor setups for gran turismo.

Almost no one is aware of this because its so limited in usefulness no one ever bothered.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Honestly my dudes...

I would rather have PS5 come in with similar power to SerX at the same price than have to have XBOX square up with a 9.5TF $100 cheaper PS5. I think Sony would gain a shitload of marketshare that way and become a lead platform for third party again causing XBOX Ports to be basic. So I hope all of you PlayStation primary fans get your wish and we see twin dragons! Win-Win.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Welcome
Welcome guys, glad to have your insight here.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has been possible since the playstation 3, possibly the playstation 2. Multiple consoles could be connected to enable the power to do multi monitor setups for gran turismo.

Almost no one is aware of this because its so limited in usefulness no one ever bothered.

Same with Xbox and Forza.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just had a peek at the old place, I haven't been on for many, many months.And Holly hell, it's a real shitshow, place as gone to the dogs! I Just read a couple of pages, and every single post would of earned a ban on here!!! We are better than that Folks, let's not engage in the console warring :)
That's why it's unhealthy to adopt their line of thinking. As I said the DF hate is strong there, targeting dark1x and Richard Leadbetter (and anyone saying the hive mind there doesn't like).
But that's more or less off site drama and doesn't belong to this site so I'll leave it at that.

Aug 26, 2019
Best of luck to your studio!

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the next gen consoles to take advantage of HDMI 2.1 features!

VRR
120Hz

Smooth gameplay all around
The best thing of VRR is that games will not need to hit 120fps. If some game varies between 90-105fps, the devs can cap it at 90 and VRR will make sure the display frame cadence is shown properly.

Flat frametime line is what we need to get, no matter if game can hit 120fps or not. Any value will be fine.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Honestly my dudes...

I would rather have PS5 come in with similar power to SerX at the same price than have to have XBOX square up with a 9.5TF $100 cheaper PS5. I think Sony would gain a shitload of marketshare that way and become a lead platform for third party again causing XBOX Ports to be basic. So I hope all of you PlayStation primary fans get your wish and we see twin dragons! Win-Win.
I don't have a console i follow really i just like games, and I don't think you need to worry about this they will be close in power. Do you share this worry about lockhart or nah cause it wont have the marketshare

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The best thing of VRR is that games will not need to hit 120fps. If some game varies between 90-105fps, the devs can cap it at 90 and VRR will make sure the display frame cadence is shown properly.

Flat frametime line is what we need to get, no matter if game can hit 120fps or not. Any value will be fine.
I think many reviewers said VRR is valuable down to 40FPS. Otherwise just lock 30.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I don't have a console i follow really i just like games, and I don't think you need to worry about this they will be close in power. Do you share this worry about lockhart or nah cause it wont have the marketshare

Lockhart has its space for sure. It doesn't bother me because the resolution will scale. Noone will make Lock the lead platform. If you target a 9.2TF console game to max however, porting to a 12 TF console will mean some mid size third parties won't bother to boost the other version which is an absolute travesty. So give me both 11-13 TF boxes please.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Lockhart has its space for sure. It doesn't bother me because the resolution will scale. Noone will make Lock the lead platform. If you target a 9.2TF console game to max however, porting to a 12 TF console will mean some mid size third parties won't bother to boost the other version which is an absolute travesty. So give me both 11-13 TF boxes please.
There mores then just TF that goes into performance but to worry about this hypothetical so far out is just silly

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Lisa Su press conference next Monday afternoon at CES.

The+Joker+-+And+Here+We+Go.gif

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
DF gave us the most thorough, source-verifying breakdown of the leak. Until something more credible presents itself, I'm going to lean towards the leak being accurate.
I don't think anyone here is saying the leak was inaccurate. They've only questioned the relevance of the data being leaked and that there were holes in the information presented.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Greetings everyone. This is my now customary single comment for the new thread. I shall now enjoy the next 400 pages.

Afro_DusT

Apr 11, 2018
Welcome! Also you just jumped into a piranha tank.

Oct 25, 2017
You mean Richard Leadbetter came along, that guy was very XBO leaning in the past console war (people who come from the old site probably remember this).

People with any memory at all remember how that narrative changes according to who has or might have the most powerful little plastic box. It's always sad little fanboys crying about bias when the facts and/or rumors don't suit them.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that multi monitor stuff. Well, maybe it could be a thing again on a bigger scale with more support. Though I guess it's not worth the investment. But it would be cool to have a 3rd mode aside from performance and resolution that takes advantage of a second console.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One question I wish Klee could come in here and answer right now: Did Sony screw up badly in their plans for the PS5, or will everything about their plan make sense and look brilliant when the final specs are revealed?

• klee already came and revealed that nothing has changed after Phil revealed 12 tflops. this was almost a month ago. he had previously stated that the ps5 has more tflops. He had been harassed and mocked relentlessly for saying both the Xbox and PS5 would be in double digit tflops.
  • Jason also said hes hearing that both consoles are more powerful than the rtx 2080. 9.2 tflops oberon would be less powerful than the 2070.
  • Colin and Reiner were told that PS5 is more powerful by devs.
  • Jason came back and reconfirmed that both Sony and MS were targeting more than 10.7 tflops after the Series X reveal
  • WCCFTECH Navi leaker. the only one who got Navi almost a 100% right said the PS5 is using a bigger navi than a 40 CU over a year ago. He said the same about the Xbox.
  • Sony's CEO said that they wont get complacent.
  • After the first wired article, all MS insiders went out there and claimed that the Xbox was more powerful. As if they all had the same info. They were a hundred percent sure. After the 12 tflops leak, no one made repeated that claim. Not Windows Central or Brad Sams or Tom Warren. I wouldnt be surprised if all these xbox insiders had this github info months before everyone else. They were surprisingly sure of the PS5 being 8-9 tflops with no hardware rt despite Cerny confirming multiple times. Because the github leaks didnt mention rt for Oberon.
  • Why would Sony allow themselves to get outmatched on both price and power? They lose the casuals to a $299 lockhart and the hardcore to a $499 series x.
  • Why would Sony invest in a dedicated 3d audio chip, the fastest ssd known to man, ray tracing, zen 2 cpu and then gimp the gpu?
There is definitely a chance that Sony fucked up. They became arrogant with the PS3. Nintendo followed them with a shitty Wii U and MS followed their success by throwing it all away with the X1. So yes, it's possible, but highly unlikely. Sony would have to fuck up in a way no console manufacturer has fucked up before. and thats not happening. Let's not forget, on paper, the ps3 was the more powerful console. so even their fuck up was a $850 monster. they did not cheap out.

Last edited:

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
  • klee already came and revealed that nothing has changed after Phil revealed 12 tflops. this was almost a month ago. he had previously stated that the ps5 has more tflops. He had been harassed and mocked relentlessly for saying both the Xbox and PS5 would be in double digit tflops.
  • Jason also said hes hearing that both consoles are more powerful than the rtx 2080. 9.2 tflops oberon would be less powerful than the 2070.
  • Colin and Reiner were told that PS5 is more powerful by devs.
  • Jason came back and reconfirmed that devs were targeting more than 10.7 tflops after the Series X reveal
  • WCCFTECH Navi leaker. the only one who got Navi almost a 100% right said the PS5 is using a bigger navi than a 40 CU over a year ago. He said the same about the Xbox.
  • Sony's CEO said that they wont get complacent.
  • After the first wired article, all MS insiders went out there and claimed that the Xbox was more powerful. As if they all had the same info. They were a hundred percent sure. After the 12 tflops leak, no one made repeated that claim. Not Windows Central or Brad Sams or Tom Warren. I wouldnt be surprised if all these xbox insiders had this github info months before everyone else. They were surprisingly sure of the PS5 being 8-9 tflops with no hardware rt despite Cerny confirming multiple times. Because the github leaks didnt mention rt for Oberon.
  • Why would Sony allow themselves to get outmatched on both price and power? They lose the casuals to a $299 lockhart and the hardcore to a $499 series x.
  • Why would Sony invest in a dedicated 3d audio chip, the fastest ssd known to man, ray tracing, zen 2 cpu and then gimp the gpu?
There is definitely a chance that Sony fucked up. They became arrogant with the PS3. Nintendo followed them with a shitty Wii U and MS followed their success by throwing it all away with the X1. So yes, it's possible, but highly unlikely. Sony would have to fuck up in a way no console manufacturer has fucked up before. and thats not happening. Let's not forget, on paper, the ps3 was the more powerful console. so even their fuck up was a $850 monster. they did not cheap out.
And this is why I think that an RX 5700 overclocked to 2ghz for the PS5 is a load of bull, Sony are keeping this beast hidden hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.