• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Doesn't mean shit if Lockhart holds them back regarding multiplatform development. Nice job messing up, Microsoft.

This qualifies as shitposting, tbh.
Can we at least wait until it's confirmed and the specs are known?

How exactly would a weaker console hold back multi platform games when devs and engine can scale?

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
SOUND very powerful. Is the key word here.

Less than a year folks, I'm getting hyped!

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
i think he means that they will be very powerful compared to this gen, the ps4 has an equivalent of a slightly weaker 1050 ti and even a gpu as weak as that gave us some graphically stunning games like uncharted 4 and god of war so even if the gpus of next gen were equivalent to an rx 5700 or a 2060 i think next gen will be absolutely great graphically speaking

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
This qualifies as shitposting, tbh.
Can we at least wait until it's confirmed and the specs are known?

How exactly would a weaker console hold back multi platform games when devs and engine can scale?
How? It's PS4 Pro equivalent power is ~4TF. Lockhart is going to hold them back, plain and simple.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think the Xbox ONE X is already quite powerful but i didn't expect new consoles to be VERY powerful

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Indeed but compared to top gpus from next year on PC? I mean RTX 3XXX series? I expecxt at least double tflops from 3080 and 3080 ti compared to these new consoles.

who would expect a console aiming for a mass market price to be compared to top GPU's like that?

As consoles they will be very powerful as next gen leaps compared to this gen is what Jason means.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting the two machines to be practically the same for awhile now. The differences between versions of games next gen are probably going to be incredibly minor, far more than even current gen.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been team 12-14 tflops for a year now (with a small unfortunate detour into team 8 tflops after the gonzalo reveal) so this makes me feel vindicated. I have heard a lot of mocking this last year or so, but i wont say i told you so. it's AMAZING that we are getting consoles so powerful.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have been team 12-14 tflops for a year now (with a small unfortunate detour into team 8 tflops after the gonzalo reveal) so this makes me feel vindicated. I have heard a lot of mocking this last year or so, but i wont say i told you so. it's AMAZING that we are getting consoles so powerful.

14 TF here we go brodah. :D

#team14TFBelieve

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Indeed but compared to top gpus from next year on PC? I mean RTX 3XXX series? I expecxt at least double tflops from 3080 and 3080 ti compared to these new consoles.
In all fairness console GPUs haven't stacked up to the latest in PC tech for a long while. When was the last time that happened, the 360?

Consoles are static devices, PC will always outpace with new hardware almost every year.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
In all fairness console GPUs haven't stacked up to the latest in PC tech for a long while. When was the last time that happened, the 360?

Consoles are static devices, PC will always outpace with new hardware almost every year.
360 was incredible I think it a few tricks on the GPU that even top PC GPUs at the time didn't.

and the RISC CPU... what a console...

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think Lockhart is a really smart move if they target 1440p with it. 1440p is amazing, most of people here would not see diff between 1440p and 4k.

4.X RDNA Tflops > XBOX One X GPU

and a much better CPU based on Ryzen 2.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Who compares consoles to the latest and greatest PC GPU's? It's like comparing a 500 dollar PC to a 2000 dollar PC.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
For me, but in general i believe that the more similar/on par powerful wise these two are, the better. I want to stick with Xbox for all multiplatform games and I'd hate it if a big game like Witcher 4, just to name one, has a clear edge on PS5.

I intend to buy both this time around, have PS5 for the exclusives and Xbox for its exclusives and multiplatform games. I guess there's always a possibility that loading times will be a bit better on PS5 though, solely if we go by what Sony says.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tells us exactly nothing we didn't already know.

And no specifics on the key points:

Storage type/setup:
Memory type/setup.
Power envelope
What "similar" means.

I'll try some specifics:

PS5 has a custom version of a Ryzen 3700x chip with maybe lower cache, The GPU is RDNA 1.5 or 2 at 7nm+ @11ish TF the Storage is a 1tb SSD @ 4gbps with 64Gb ReRam at 25Gbps and 20 gigs of GDDr 6 RAM 16 for games 2 for StoreMI 2 for the OS

Let's see how right or wrong I am this time next year.

Last edited:

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds like there's going to be absolutely no excuse for lack of crossplay for multi platform multiplayer games next gen considering these details and how close in spec these consoles will be.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I think Lockhart is a really smart move if they target 1440p with it. 1440p is amazing, most of people here would not see diff between 1440p and 4k.

4.X RDNA Tflops > XBOX One X GPU

and a much better CPU based on Ryzen 2.

Oh please no. Where is this Lockhart talk coming from?

I guess it's alright, as long as devs target Scarlett and not Lockhart. I really don't want to be having to wait for Scarlett enhanced patches. We still have games coming to Xbox now that just don't have such a patch at all.

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The most important thing for me on next gen consoles will be the fan noise. I wouldn't have bought the Pro (launch version) if I knew how loud it was. And I use headphones..

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Maybe people can finally stop fighting over this and be happy be consoles are gonna be powerful.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That's some surprising news right there. Nobody could have come to those conclusions on their own

Nah some people in the next gen thread was saying that for a while and before we even get specs.
Once they were the same price some people expect them to be close.
They are using the same parts from AMD after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.