• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

• Microsoft is currently trailing Sony in communication but that will presumably not matter as we near the actual launch of the consoles
  • Both consoles are equally powerful, and VERY powerful at that
  • Sony's current aim with PS5 is accessibility

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Sweet.
Personally, I'm 100% going day-one for Scarlett/XB2. The first console launch where I'll be going day-one :D

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Ill save the power for my PC upgrade but after buying a PS4 pro im instantly getting a PS5 next gen. Sony dont disappoint.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, it's not going to equal or surpass a 2080ti so I don't know what very powerful means. For the price point they are aiming for, I'd be very surprised if it was 'very powerful'.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
That's to be expected. I do still believe that Sony will definitely have a more toned system. Meaning more custom hardware such as the bespoke sad system. From the sound of it, ms will employ a regular ssd. But off course this is just speculation.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
200.webp

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's not going to equal or surpass a 2080ti so I don't know what very powerful means. For the price point they are aiming for, I'd be very surprised if it was 'very powerful'.
2080 ti is not possible. Amd doesn't even have a GPU that rivals the rtx 2080 non super. I actually expect next gen consoles to have 5700 level of performance with some custom hardware for raytracing. So around 2060 super. Which is still great imo.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Things we knew already, but Great!
Considering how many tweets from pundits and speculative posts I've seen on this very website about how the PS5 is way more powerful or Scarlett has a 21% GPU advantage or whatever, I think it's safe to say that not everyone knew this already.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
We kinda already know this, but further confirmation is always nice.

Really looking forward to see what these consoles are capable of. Hopefully will find out early next year.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet.
Personally, I'm 100% going day-one for Scarlett/XB2. The first console launch where I'll be going day-one :D
Man, I've never been day one on a console due to avoiding initial manufacturing errors. But I have to admit, if Horizon 2 is a launch title, it will be pretty difficult to sit out the first year.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they'll both be monster machines with relatively little held back.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
2080 ti is not possible. Amd doesn't even have a GPU that rivals the rtx 2080 non super. I actually expect next gen consoles to have 5700 level of performance with some custom hardware for raytracing. So around 2060 super. Which is still great imo.

Yeah, I'd say the first mid-range ray tracing-supporting desktop GPU from AMD will give us keen insight into what to expect from next-gen consoles. The days of Sony and Microsoft going all-out on power are well and truly over: the PS4, PS4 Pro, X1, and X1X all prioritise reliability and profitability above power, and I don't see that changing.

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
Doesn't mean shit if Lockhart holds them back regarding multiplatform development. Nice job messing up, Microsoft.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'd say the first mid-range ray tracing-supporting desktop GPU from AMD will give us keen insight into what to expect from next-gen consoles. The days of Sony and Microsoft going all-out on power are well and truly over: the PS4, PS4 Pro, X1, and X1X all prioritise reliability and profitability above power, and I don't see that changing.
We are seeing those at ces next month right?

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Been saying there won't be a noticeable power gap for a while. It seems like common sense.

Services and content.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, yep. This is what I expected.

It's not even important which of the 4K twins is 10% more powerful than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.