• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how do we switch from the text message 2SV to the third party app? Do we have to remove 2SV and re add it?
50480513428_a5a796dc09_b.jpg

So probably under Account Settings

Oct 27, 2017
I tried removing 2FA and readding it and I'm still not getting the option to use an app.

Also tying parties to messages is idiotic. Just ridiculous.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Removal of Event Creation and Private Community Creation
After 8.00, you will no longer be able to create Events or access existing Events created by other users.

We're also removing the ability to create private Communities under the Community app on PS4. If you already have existing private Communities, you can continue to access them.
Would be nice if they actually explained why these options are being removed

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
is the 3rd party 2SV app not up for the update? Every time I try to change it, I just get the mobile number.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who barely ever uses Party Chat, what is the issue going on with these changes?

For example you can't just make a party and then wait for other friends to just join anymore, you have to invite at least one other person to even start a party now. This also means that people who like to get into a party by themselves and not have to hear people speaking in public chat now can't do that.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Can't redeem any content in the PlayStation Store.
For example you can't just make a party and then wait for other friends to just join anymore, you have to invite at least one other person to even start a party now. This also means that people who like to get into a party by themselves and not have to hear people speaking in public chat now can't do that.
Well that sucks, this basically means a mute-all option in games should now be mandatory. I've been going into parties by myself to effectively mute everyone a ton.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
As someone who barely ever uses Party Chat, what is the issue going on with these changes?

It used to be that you could create a party whenever, from scratch, and then you choose who you invite to it. You can make it public or private, so folks on your friends list, or your friend's list, could just hop in - or you could make it private and curate who you're talking with.

The new system gets rid of that. Now the only option remaining (which was already sorta a thing) is to create message groups, and then hop into parties from there. You can't have a solo party to get out of in-game chat. You can't make a party with just a specific group of people for one day without making an entirely new message group. You can't just hop into a friend's party unless they add you to a message group.

It's incredibly frustrating, and the worst part is - they didn't even add anything. The "parties from message groups" thing has been an option for years.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It used to be that you could create a party whenever, from scratch, and then you choose who you invite to it. You can make it public or private, so folks on your friends list, or your friend's list, could just hop in - or you could make it private and curate who you're talking with.

The new system gets rid of that. Now the only option remaining (which was already sorta a thing) is to create message groups, and then hop into parties from there. You can't have a solo party to get out of in-game chat. You can't make a party with just a specific group of people for one day without making an entirely new message group. You can't just hop into a friend's party unless they add you to a message group.

It's incredibly frustrating, and the worst part is - they didn't even add anything. The "parties from message groups" thing has been an option for years.
Ahh, that is such a shitty change.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to get the app auth working? I tried disabling 2-auth on my PS4 and re-enabling but there was no option for switching from the SMS solution.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
this new party is abysmal, if it even works. Can´t rename parties anymore to something "funny" and we also used that the first person around started the open party room for anyone to join :E

they also removed public parties? everything is invite only now? such dumb changes

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
Oh..that's proper shit! Why would they do that??

Oct 27, 2017
Not liking these changes either. The good thing is if people voice their displeasure loud enough they probably can hotfix/reverse it.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Shitty workaround: add your own alt account to your friends list and just invite them each time you wanna be alone in a party.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, why the hell are people bitching about creating a party so you don't hear party chat when it's now a system wide option to mute all in open lobbies?

Did anyone read the patch notes or am I missing something?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why the hell are people bitching about creating a party so you don't hear party chat when it's now a system wide option to mute all in open lobbies?

Did anyone read the patch notes or am I missing something?

It´s "mute your friends in the same party", there is no global mute random players ingame.

Since some games don´t have such a feature to disable voice or mute-all, one way to force this was to create a private empty party as that would override ingame chats.

And it´s "bitching" because options are taken away for no real reason. It was also really handy for opening a party to my friendslist, even if it is empty it´s there so anyone can join and shoot the shit. Now everyone must be manually invited, defeating the purpose.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

Oh Ok, now I get it. That's fucking stupid, creating a lobby (party chat) and waiting for people to join in is the intuitive way to do it, that sucks.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I read once that some PS4 firmware updates do hardware checks, but I can't find any information on it. I have read about a couple of people whose PS4s won't turn on after this update!

The only thing that's broken for me is my friends list. I've only got 4 friends on PSN though so I never ever used the features that were changed/removed, but I can see why it's a huge problem for many.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Huh, I do this to mute everyone in Mortal Kombat 11, which literally has no mute function and my goodness you should absolutely mute everyone in that game just in case.

This sucks.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The new Bloodborne avatars are pretty lame.

J2059_m.png

Basic red gradient background.

And... David Carradine, for some reason?

J2060_m.png

I know it's Djura, but what an odd choice of character for an avatar.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Shitty workaround: add your own alt account to your friends list and just invite them each time you wanna be alone in a party.

That or maybe just ask a friend if it's ok to send them an invite that they don't need to accept and you can be in the party alone. Maybe that could work.