• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Spider-Man is the second best PS4 exclusive after Bloodborne. Great year for that game alone.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
And they weren't all that samey either.

I know it's sarcasm but man that's how it feels to me in regards to Sony 3rd-person action/adventure games.

To be fair though I'm not throwing shade. I'm just not that into AAA gaming.

EDIT:

To give an example though;

I LOVE Mundane Vehicle Sims. So if someone said Euro Truck Simulator 2 looks just like Farming Simulator, I'd be all like, "Oh hell no!" but I'd understand why someone not into the sim sub-genre would think so.

Same with people who suggest the Civilization and Europa Universalis strat games look alike.

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: System Wars
Excellent exclusives? But PS4 owners were missing out on a regularly expanded co-op pirate game and a cool open-world racing game? :)

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's sarcasm but man that's how it feels to me in regards to Sony 3rd-person action/adventure games.

To be fair though I'm just not that into AAA gaming.

How does God of War, Spiderman and Shado of the Colossus feels the same? This doesn't make any sense.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
2018 was much stronger than 2017 for me for sure. Glad to see the strong line up getting the props it deserves.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Shame about that dud though.

96e7e01b2f923153c3c621851f009d17.jpg

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean I barely think any games are 10 out of 10s and I think both Spider-Man and Detroit are. God of War and Astro Bot are like 9s too. Crazy good year.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, the fruits of Microsofts purchases won't materialize next year. They should make for a great E3 from MS though. It'll be interesting to see if we get any kind of reaction from Sony, not sure that they need one but who knows what the media thinks.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
See edit above.

I wouldn't throw SoC in there, but Spidey, GoW, Horizon, Infamous: SS, and Uncharted 4 all look the same to me.

I feel sorry that you weren't able to derive enough enjoyment from these fantastic games which look and play completely differently from each other.

3 of the 5 are open world and the other 2 are wide-linear games, so we can't even say they all have the same structure/model in common either.

What does Gita Jackson think?

That this article probably feels more at home on a Nintendo console ?

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And they weren't all that samey either.
But but detroit was a dud.

Edit: just to be clear, this is a reference to kotaku article that called detroit a dud. i see the other guy got warned for system wars for being sarcastic about what kotaku said. i personally think detroit is amazing. dont ban me!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel sorry that you weren't able to derive enough enjoyment from these 4 fantastic games which look and play completely differently from each other.

3 of the 5 are open world and the other 2 are wide-linear games, so we can't even say they all have the same structure/model in common either.

That this article probably feels more at home on a Nintendo console ?

Indeed.

I understand Aaron. I remember swinging from buildings as Aloy and fighting robot animals as Spider-Man. Detroit is an excellent dissection of the discrimination of Colossi and watching the Wanderer solving Android crimes was pretty excellent and they all felt the same.

Last edited:

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
What a great video. Thoughtful opinions all around. Great criticism on the low effort PS Classic.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
that's a fair year review. Recongnizing the fantastic year that PS4 had.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Indeed.

I understand Aaron. I remember swinging from buildings as Aloy and fighting robot animals as Spider-Man. Detroit is an excellent dissection of the discrimination of Colossi and watching the Wanderer solving Android crimes was pretty excellent and they all felt the same.

Tell it like it is.

Everything felt familiar when I started sprinting with Joel and he turned neon pink.

Oct 31, 2017
See edit above.

I wouldn't throw SoC in there, but Spidey, GoW, Horizon, Infamous: SS, and Uncharted 4 all look the same to me.

Infamous and Spidey look completely different despite both being superhero games. Art direction is what differentiates a game's looks. I can't imagine looking at this:

God-Of-War-House.jpg

And this:

81eLVATj1ML._SL1500_.jpg

And going whoa, which game is which?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed.

The scene where Connor first meets Agro in Shadow of the Zero Dawn is still my favorite.

detroit-become-human-zwc93.jpg

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh...it's more of a feeling than anything else.

Kinda like how military shooters can look pretty interchangeable to the untrained eye.

Like I said, not throwing shade. I fully understand that character action games just aren't my thing.

Either way, I'm happy that Sony fans are happy.

Sorry for the derail.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
This year games wise for PS4 was insanely good on so many fronts in addition to the 2 big hits, God of War and Spider-Man. It's even more insane that it feels like the best is yet to come with (hopefully next year for at least 2 of them) The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the best year yet for PS4. I mean there were just so many high quality exclusives:

God of War
Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human
Shadow of the Colossus
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Firewall Zero Hour
The Persistence
Tetris Effect

I mean you don't get much better than that.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Ehh...it's more of a feeling than anything else.

Kinda like how military shooters can look pretty interchangeable to the untrained eye.

Like I said, not throwing shade. I fully understand that character action games just aren't my thing.

Either way, I'm happy that Sony fans are happy.

Sorry for the derail.

That's a pretty broad stroke to paint different games and genres, only one of them is even close to being a character action game (GoW). How is a third person shooter (Uncharted) a character action game?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Infamous and Spidey look completely different despite both being superhero games. Art direction is what differentiates a game's looks. I can't imagine looking at this:

God-Of-War-House.jpg

And this:

81eLVATj1ML._SL1500_.jpg

And going whoa, which game is which?
Why'd you post pictures of Astro Bot and Detroit, though? Those 2 look the same, they aren't helping your argument.