• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sell ps4 to go next gen or keep it?

• Yes

Votes: 420 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 326 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Well, I just created the mental strength and I sold my ps4. I'm the kind of gamer who really becomes attached to their consoles.

But since the PS5 will run every single game I have, I just sold mine to prepare for the future. I'm not on ps5 day one. I'll wait a little bit sinceI don't live in USA and I'll try to visit the country on a free Donald Trump land next year by march.

It really feels strange when I sell a console. It's always a sad day in my life. I never understand this: why grow attached by a piece of metal. It makes no sense but that's part of being human or just a part of being a game fanatic.

By the way, sold the console with one game (Batman Arkham Knoght) plus 2 controllers on the box for 280 dollars. I live in Brazil, so used systems cost more than normal. That's good because I buy my videogames in USA, so it's a manner to cut costs.

Anyway, I look forward to buying a next gen console. But I wonder, will you guys sell your ps4 or keep it for emotional reasons?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm holding onto mine for at least a little bit to make sure all of my games actually work through BC beforehand. I know the list is only 10 games that aren't working but that doesn't mean others don't have glitches and shit.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I just sold my pro on eBay last week for almost $400 with 2 controllers and a handful of games I don't play.

Mar 8, 2018
Keep. There's bound to be that one game you love that has issues when playing on BC.
I dunno. Sony's BC solution seems pretty comprehensive. Maybe it's not quite as thorough as the Xbox approach, but it doesn't seem like any games will have big issues.

I don't really see much of a reason to hold onto a PS4 when you get a PS5, other than collection and preservation.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Won't be getting a next gen device until a redesign. Still lots of stuff to finish and a decent PC will make the wait easy.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably keep it until I know for certain how PS4 games run on it.

Does anybody know if you can transfer saves from PS4 to PS5? If not I will definitely keep it.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm selling my Pro after I have the PS5 in hand. Gonna sell it cheap for the holidays.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't plan on getting a PS5 soon, but when I eventually do, I'll probably lend my 4 to a friend who can't afford one but I know would love to play FF7:R

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
I sold my Pro in July for $400 before Sony revealed that a lot of games would be cross-gen. Kind of regret it, but I was able to secure a PS5 pre-order direct from Sony.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Burn that bridge. I give away all of my stuff and if I wasn't doing that, I'd just donate them to goodwill or sell them or something. Always moving forward with my console space on my entertainment center.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a friend who's into gaming, but is still playing on a PS2. She's not about getting the latest technology, I suppose! Anyway, she'd be willing to buy mine. I won't probably ask much for it, since it's a close friend and I'm just happy to free some space.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those poll options are uhhh...

I'm keeping mine. It'll probably live in a box in my attic most of its life, right next to my 60GB launch PS3.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
MajorInsistentGnu-max-1mb.gif

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I've the limited TLOU2 PS4 Pro so I'll keep it. And for the few games that might run weirdly on PS5.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I always keep my systems. I move them to another room or have them in a secure place if I ever play them again.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I have little to no personal attachment to any piece of electronics.

At best I might think "this has been a really good product, really served me well" at the end of life. And be more liable to buy that brand in the future (talking about appliances etc). No emotional attachment.

In that vein though, I gotta say my One X has been a really good console. Delivered all I expected, if not necessarily wanted (ideally more games would have taken advantage of it, but I get it). No reliability issues.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Likely keeping PS4 (had since launch) for remote play purposes.

Not 100% sure if PS5 will support it with the Vita. Odds are not likely I feel.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
You know, I never really thought about it up until now, but I should probably sell my PS4 once I get a PS5 huh. There's no real reason to keep hold of it, since I'm not exactly an avid fan of Joe's Diner or that racing game that's inexplicably set in the Isle of Man.

I just pray to god that a factory reset completely wipes all of my PS4 browser searches and bookmarks and history. It's got to be a mountain of absolute filth by this point.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
The Ps4 Pro will take the ps4's spot. Not sure where ps4 will go. First world problems.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Sold it a few weeks ago, absolutely no regrets. Hadn't played for months because of how insanely loud it was anyway.
Also, what's the best way to sell a console these days?
Depends on where you live, but for example in my case I went to my local GAME and they gave me 217€ in store credit (probably around 180€ in cash, but I pre-ordered PS5 in there anyway).

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I sold mine around summer of last year. I had no real incentive to keep it since a) I wasn't playing games on it much anymore, and b) any games I'd miss out on between then and the PS5's launch would likely be BC on PS5 anyway (which they pretty much all are), so I bit the bullet and sold it. Haven't really regretted that decision either; the Switch has been more than enough for me, to the point where I'm not even in much of a hurry to get a PS5.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I have the 500 Million Pro, so I plan on neatly putting it back in its box and putting it in a closet for a few years at least. It's definitely tempting to sell it to cover the cost of the PS5 and then some, but I doubt it's going to depreciate in value anytime soon.