• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Jason schreier said he heard it's targeting at April iirc
Good lord. If these dates actually stick, we are in for a wild early 2020.

Death Stranding - November 2019
The Last of Us, Part II - February 2020
Watch Dogs: Legion - March 2020
Final Fantasy VII Remake - March 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - April 2020
Ghost of Tsushima - May 2020
Marvel's Avengers - May 2020

And I'm pretty confident that they're going to do a full blowout of the PS5 later this year with Horizon 2 as a launch title.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Final year looks amazing but now, I am more excited for the also very promising second half of 2019 :)

With Death Stranding, Iron Man VR, Borderlands 3, Fallen Order.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
PS3 also had very strong last year in 2013:

Q1
Ni no Kuni - [western release]
GoW Ascension
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Q2
The Last of Us

Q3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Puppeteer
[Grand Theft Auto V - 3rd party, but very big for every platform]

Q4
Beyond: Two Souls
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Gran Turismo 6

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing it needs now is that one remake...
0c1.gif
Might as well debut on the 5 at this point.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Regarding only exclusives/console exclusives, it will be an crazy season for Sony.

August - Judgment
September - The Legend of Heroes - Trails In The Cold Steel III
September - Catherine Full Body
September (Japan) - Ys IX
September - Ni no Kuni Remastered
October - MediEvil Remake
November - Shenmue III
November - Death Stranding
Dezember? - Dreams
January? - NiOh 2
February? - The Last Of Us Part 2
May/June? - Ghost Of Tsushima

Without dates/windows: Concrete Genie, Erika, Persona 5 R.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
Death Stranding in November
Dreams probably earlier
Last of Us Part 2 in Feb
Final Fantasy VII remake in March
Ghost of Tsushima rumored in May

I am probably excited most about Death Stranding and Dreams in this list.

Then there is all the multiplats likey Cyberpunk2077 and others . It is looking to be an insane send off for the console. Are you happy with this lineup for presumably the last year where the PS4 will be the centre of attention era?
You forgot the most important one, MediEvil!!!

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
It makes me wonder what they're planning for the PS5 launch.

Xbox has Halo Infinite and (probably) Forza MS 8.

Sony at this point will have Ghost (maybe, unless it release earlier) and possibly HZD2?

Horizon 2 would be good timing and a technical showcase if its true next gen ps5 only. The could probably ride on that one and then ps5 patches for this last round of huge ps4 games.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
And let's not forget that there is another game hinted by Shinobi that is not been revealed yet, but maybe it'll be cross-gen.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Could've been better with Knack 3.

Playstation's 3 last year was amazing too. Even more considering its initial struggle.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Regarding only exclusives/console exclusives, it will be an crazy season for Sony.

August - Judgment
November - Shenmue III
Dezember? - Dreams
January? - NiOh 2

Yeah, don't even need to talk about the final year, the next 12 months are crazy. Including games from this month and next, like Trails Of Cold Steel 2 remaster, Bloodstained, CTR, and Dragon Quest Builders 2. So much good stuff coming out, you need to make some tough choices.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Sony at this point will have Ghost (maybe, unless it release earlier) and possibly HZD2?

Maybe the Demon's Souls remake? Let Bluepoint flex their tech muscles on the new hardware.

And yeah, I think Horizon 2 is a lock for either launch or launch window.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Still burns my soul how Sony did Puppeteer so dirty.

It should have been a franchise, damnit. We should be playing Puppeteer 2 right now.

Fuck you, Sony.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'll likely buy them all (already did for FF7R DE). Now I just need Target's B2G1 sale so that I can preorder. :)

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

August - Judgment
November - Shenmue III
Dezember? - Dreams
January? - NiOh 2

Concrete Genie and others too. Super strong final year. I guess that's one of the reasons the system is so popular. Sony is generally good with supporting consoles with excellent content till the very end.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in, but I doubt I will get a PS5 within its first year of launch. I want Spider-man 2 and God of War "2" which wont be 2020 games and all the other games I'm anticipating are coming out in the final year of PS4.. And I have a gaming PC for multiplats like Tales and whatever Ubisoft games I want to play.

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing it needs now is that one remake...
0c1.gif

Save that for PS5.

GT7, Japan Studio and possibly a third party like Housemarque or Bluepoint could be making launch games. I think they should save GOT as a cross-gen launch title tbh. Plus the rumored Ratchet & Clank could be saved a cross-gen launch title. I think PS5's launch line will be much stronger thanKillzone Shadowfall and Knack for sure not matter what.

Last edited:

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
ds in november, tlou2 in february, tsushima in march.

so Sony is planning to release its most anticipated games within 5 months, right before they release a new console?

doesn't seem smart, unless they have some unannounced big hitters lined up for ps5 launch

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
ds in november, tlou2 in february, tsushima in march.

so Sony is planning to release its most anticipated games within 5 months, right before they release a new console?

doesn't seem smart, unless they have some unannounced big hitters lined up for ps5 launch
They already did that with PS3 and credits to them, they supported their console until the end

A support like this leads to PS5 purchase day one for me

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
With BC being confirmed how do you think upgrades for cross-gen games like Cyberpunk will work on the PS5? Will there be a bunch of paid remasters released later on like we saw with GTA5 and TLoU at the beginning of this gen? Or will it just be an automatic free thing? I don't want to end up buying the same game 5 times again.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
Yep the difference in 1st party support in the later part of a console gen between Microsoft and Sony is night and day. Incredible lineup of games

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This reminds me that I never got to play Puppeteer. Wonder why they never ported it to PS4. Here's hoping that the ps3 backward compatibility rumors are true.
Sony seems like they're working entirely focused on the individual producers. There's no mandate from the top saying port all ps3 games or something like that. Rather, individual producer had to pitch the idea to the boss (Shuhei Yoshida?) So in puppeteer case, either it's too small that no producer actively pushing Sony to spend resource on porting them, or they did but everyone is busy doing other thing so they don't have people to port it

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I wouldn't call it its final year. Unless they are not going to cross gen future titles. I can't see them not releasing last gen versions of games on 90 mil player base.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Amazing final year lineup just make me fear we're gonna get subpar first year ps5. Horizon 2 is about the only game they could make it and even that seemed like pretty short development time, around 3.5 years for a next gen games.

Even then, Horizon is no Zelda or Halo. The equivalent for Zelda or Halo at launch for Sony would have been a Naughty Dog game, Gran Turismo, or God of War.

I hope a new GT might have make it to launch. Either GT7 or expanded port of GT Sports similar to how some Wii U title got expansion port for Switch

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Final year? I'd bet most of Sony's games being developed for the first few years of PS5's lifecycle will have PS4 versions.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So
LAst of Us 2
FF7 Remake
Ghost of Tushima
Death Stranding
DReams
Persona 5 Royale
Medevil
Nioh 2
Glad I supported PS this gen, because got damn.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing final year lineup just make me fear we're gonna get subpar first year ps5. Horizon 2 is about the only game they could make it and even that seemed like pretty short development time, around 3.5 years for a next gen games.

Even then, Horizon is no Zelda or Halo. The equivalent for Zelda or Halo at launch for Sony would have been a Naughty Dog game, Gran Turismo, or God of War.

I hope a new GT might have make it to launch. Either GT7 or expanded port of GT Sports similar to how some Wii U title got expansion port for Switch

Horizon sold over 10 million copies though, as far as I know that's more than recent GT's and Halo's.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Horizon sold over 10 million copies though, as far as I know that's more than recent GT's and Halo's.
i agree that i think horizon is now bigger than these franchises, but there is just one more thing i need to see to confirm this, the view count and engagement metrics for the sequel announcement trailer.

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
I just sold my PS4 and none of those games make me regret my decision. TLOU2 will get an enhanced version on PS5 if the first iteration is any indication. Death Stranding with eventually be on PC. No interest in Dreams and the FFVII remake has me worried...

Ghost of Tsushima is the one that makes me sweat a bit.

It is a strong finish no doubt.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Horizon is bigger than Halo now.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's gonna be crazy, I have no doubt those titles will legit kill my faulty Pro once and for all anyway.

Go out with a bang lol, so excited for PS5 if it's coming next year it's just in time.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
You all forget Shin Ryuu ga Gotoku ? (Shin Yakuza)

This is what i am waiting for as PS4 send off :)