• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
They're probably the strongest publisher and stable of studios right now. And that makes PS4 strong.

in fact, I wouldn't call this it's last year. I expect a healthy overlap between PS4 and PS5 support.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, next year will be insane for games. Contrary to last gen I feel like this gen will end at exactly the right time.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is a beast. An impressive abundance of quality games year after year, that's quite an achievement for Sony this gen.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm going to hazard a guess that Dreams is DEFINITELY cross platform, and Last of Us 2 & Death Stranding are almost definitely cross platform.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Half the reason the PS4 was so successful was that the PS3 went so hard in its last few years. When I was considering between an Xbox One and a PS4 there was of course all the wild stuff around the Xbox one but I also really wanted to play The Last of Us and all the other Sony exclusives I've been hearing so much about while not owning a PS3. Now I'm all in for PS5 because there's 100% no way I'm missing that exclusive lineup. Practically sounds like an ad but they've made it so if you don't have a Playstation you're missing out on multiple GotY/G tier games.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the best way to do it going into next-gen. Makes people feel happy with the platform and more likely to continue investing in it (buying PS5s).

Oct 30, 2017
All of Sony home consoles have a fantastic support from first and third party in the final year or two... that's why they are usually my favorite in their consoles life.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I guess most of these will end up being cross gen, would anyone wait to play them on PS5?

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't understand why everyone seems to be so eager to toss away their PS4s and get a PS5. Feels too early somehow.

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Bloodborne 2 and Horizon 2 at PS5 launch will be even more impressive. I would probably wait for PS5 version of Death Stranding and TLOU part II for 4K/remastered experience.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Six years later, I wish that someone had written a book about the PS4 in its launch year. There was incredible stuff going on in the games media at that time, and not in a good way.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It makes me wonder what they're planning for the PS5 launch.

Xbox has Halo Infinite and (probably) Forza MS 8.

Sony at this point will have Ghost (maybe, unless it release earlier) and possibly HZD2?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
OP, you forgot Predator.

It makes me wonder what they're planning for the PS5 launch.

Xbox has Halo Infinite and (probably) Forza MS 8.

Sony at this point will have Ghost (maybe, unless it release earlier) and possibly HZD2?

Well, every PS4 game will be on PS5 day 1.

But exclusive for PS5, I bet in Horizon ZD 2.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
All I'll be thinking is how much better the PS5 ports will look.

I can wait, especially for TLoU2. I ain't being a fool playing a shit version like I did with TLoU PS3.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
of the games in the op i will only be buying the Last of us 2 dont really care for the other games coming out from sony but thats fine cause the last of us 2 will more than likely be amazing.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man VR should be added....

But man I get excited for the FF7 remake then i remind myself it's not the full game and feel gutted again.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It'll still have at least a good 2 to 3 years after ps5 launch. PS5 being backward compatible will make sure games sell on both . I expect Sony to discontinue the Pro and discount the slim to sub 200$ and that thing will be selling gang busters even with ps5 on the market.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
Death Stranding in November
Dreams probably earlier
Last of Us Part 2 in Feb
Final Fantasy VII remake in March
Ghost of Tsushima rumored in May

I am probably excited most about Death Stranding and Dreams in this list.

Then there is all the multiplats likey Cyberpunk2077 and others . It is looking to be an insane send off for the console. Are you happy with this lineup for presumably the last year where the PS4 will be the centre of attention era?
I hope the devs from Ghost of Tsushima played Sekiro, for inspiration and perspective mostly.

Jan 17, 2019
Death Stranding in November
Dreams probably earlier
Last of Us Part 2 in Feb
Final Fantasy VII remake in March
Ghost of Tsushima rumored in May

I am probably excited most about Death Stranding and Dreams in this list.

Then there is all the multiplats likey Cyberpunk2077 and others . It is looking to be an insane send off for the console. Are you happy with this lineup for presumably the last year where the PS4 will be the centre of attention era?

Well, you forgot some VR stuff like Predator or Iron Man. Also Nioh 2

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
Sony is great at this, last gen we had TLOU, GOW:A from them as well as stuff like Rain and Puppeteer. But it's insane this time, we could have four of the best game of the generation in less than a year.

This reminds me that I never got to play Puppeteer. Wonder why they never ported it to PS4. Here's hoping that the ps3 backward compatibility rumors are true.