• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Death Stranding in November
Dreams probably earlier
Last of Us Part 2 in Feb
Final Fantasy VII remake in March
Ghost of Tsushima rumored in May

I am probably excited most about Death Stranding and Dreams in this list.

Then there is all the multiplats likey Cyberpunk2077 and others . It is looking to be an insane send off for the console. Are you happy with this lineup for presumably the last year where the PS4 will be the centre of attention era?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 looking to have one hell of a send off year, and PS5 looking to have one hell of a launch year. I can't decide if I should hold off on playing 2020 games until PS5, or just play them on my Pro before getting rid of it.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Yep. All the Sony consoles have been like this. Supported greatly in the final couple of years before the successor launches.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
No way I can play all those games at launch, so my launch experience with the PS5 is going to be amazing!

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Take all the other 3rd heavy hitters like Cyberpunk 2077, Avengers, Watchdogs Legion and more. That is insanity in 2020 with new consoles at the end of the year.

Maybe we see TLOU Part II with an official release with launch of PS5.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In 2013 we had GTA V, Bioshock Infinite and TLoU. It's really amazing that 2020 is looking to be even stronger.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is great at this, last gen we had TLOU, GOW:A from them as well as stuff like Rain and Puppeteer. But it's insane this time, we could have four of the best game of the generation in less than a year.

Oct 27, 2017
Expect Nioh 2 to barge in somewhere early 2020 too, following the same pattern that the previous one (alpha in spring, beta in summer, release early next year).

Also, gotta find a lil' spot for that Demon's Souls Remake ^__^

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm excited for 1 of those games (TLOU2). I'll probably also get round to Persona 5 Royal maybe.

It's OK for me. TLOU 2 is very exciting on its own.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Probably most solid year in all its life.

So much that i'm thorn wether to save some titles for PS5, like CP2077 and Tsushima to have them running as best as they can (not FFVII or TLOU2, i need to play them immediately to avoid spoilers lol).

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony has any plans for an exclusively next-gen game at PS5 launch.

Probably most solid year in all its life.

So much that i'm thorn wether to save some titles for PS5, like CP2077 and Tsushima to have them running as best as they can (not FFVII or TLOU2, i need to play them immediately to avoid spoilers lol).

Won't they be backward compatible?

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing it needs now is that one remake...
0c1.gif

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
2020 is going to be nuts.

Three of my highly anticipated of this all generation, in Cyberpunk, TLoU II and Ghost of Tsushima. AND new consoles.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Yeah, much stronger than what I remember from the PS3's last year.

The Last of Us
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Gran Turismo 6
Puppeteer
Beyond: Two Souls
God of War: Ascension
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Imo, 2013 was quite good, plus all the 3rd Party stuff. But 2019 also looks really promising.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Gran Turismo 6
Puppeteer
Beyond: Two Souls
God of War: Ascension
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Imo, 2013 was quite good, plus all the 3rd Party stuff.

Eh.. PS4 has it beat I think.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Once again, dev are crying to have a better hardware because "insert some BS ", but the final year seems to be an awesome one.
And in the same time, the first 1.5 / 2 years of next gen will bring bland / boring game BUT in 4K...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
PS3 in 2013 had God of War Ascension, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Sly 4, Beyond Two Souls. Then there was the third party lineup in 2013 which was quite frankly absolutely ridiculous. PS3 went out with a bang.

PS3 did go out on a bang, TLoU alone is worth it, but in total I think PS4's lineup for the final 2 years (before a new generation) is stronger.

Death Stranding may as well be 2020 :p, FFVII Remake TLoU 2, Tsushima, Dreams, P5 Royale and some I'm missingare first/third party exclusives.

Plus the third party lineup is arguably stronger IMO with games like Cyberpunk, Avengers, Watch Dogs, Vampire the Masquerade etc