• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw this post on twitter and my mind is blown. I had no idea any of these were a thing. Anyone have any others?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found out the trophy one last year. it pissed me off so much. hours wasted trying to google hidden trophies.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Seriously? Y'all didn't know this? I was hoping to learn something new in this thread but I've known this for a while. There's a prompt for the hidden trophy thing! How do you miss that? You don't need extra button presses, it just clearly says "show (square)".

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's one that some of my friends weren't aware of - If you press the home and square buttons at the same time you can zoom in. It helps for reading smaller text sometimes.
This works on the dashboard and in game.

Last edited:

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I knew you could view a hidden trophy, not sure I knew you could auto-search the internet for it

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did y'all not know about the trophy one? If you click on a hidden trophy smack dab in the middle of the screen it says "show hidden information"

Danlord

Oct 29, 2017
You can hold the PlayStation button down for 10-second and it'll turn off the controller.

SRV

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Huh, this is the one time I'm actually ahead of the curve... just gonna bask in this for a minute.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The trophy one is pretty well known afaik. It even gives you a prompt at the bottom of the screen when you check out a hidden trophy. I didn't know about the slower pulses though.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea about the trophy one either. I've just visited websites to see what the hidden trophies are if i needed that.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah, I didn't know about those three either, but I'm a total schmuck so no surprises there - I figured out only a few days ago that you can configure how strongly the controller light is glowing.

OP
OP
Psychotron

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously? Y'all didn't know this? I was hoping to learn something new in this thread but I've known this for a while. There's a prompt for the hidden trophy thing! How do you miss that? You don't need extra button presses, it just clearly says "show (square)".

Lol idk I just never noticed.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I thought everyone knew this hidden trophy feature but just never uses it because you could get spoiled.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
How did y'all not know about the trophy one? If you click on a hidden trophy smack dab in the middle of the screen it says "show hidden information"

Well, I just skipped right over them because I didn't expect it to be there.
I admit, it's still weird I never even saw the prompt by accident when browsing through the trophies. :D

Unknown

Oct 29, 2017
Double taping the PS button will swap between where you are in the menu system and the current game.

E.G. You can use this, to switch back and forth between the party page and your game.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Here's one that some of my friends weren't aware of - If you press the home and square buttons at the same time you can zoom in. It helps for reading smaller text sometimes.
This works on the dashboard and in game.

WHAT..... NO WAY? i would have needed this about 5000 times. thanks, i need to try this asap when i get home.

yeah i dont get it lol. its so obvious.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping I would come into this thread and find out the secret option to sort trophy list alphabetically on PS4 lol

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the hidden trophy one wasn't always available. It's very useful though.

Apr 8, 2018
I knew about revealing hidden trophies for ages and thought it was a commonly known feature. Surprised others are just finding out about it.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

giphy.gif

Do you realize how much time you've saved me?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only recently found out by accident that you can move around the PS4 menu with voice commands, without PS Eye camera.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The hidden trophy one's definitely not been there from the beginning, they patched that in IIRC. Double tappĂ­ng the home button to go from game to media app is useful, as is holding the home button on a controller for 10 seconds to turn it off. Holding the power button for a bit longer until the next beep will turn the console off completely, instead of sending it to rest mode.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the trophy stuff from the beta it was a part of. didnt know about the pulse thing but that's cause i never see my controllers charge.

some people don't know about the system wide controller remapping and other accessibility features.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Surprised at how many people didn't know about the hidden trophy reveal. Seeing this all over Twitter, from a lot of Sony employees too.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else in the reddit thread had their mind blown about the double tap PS button to switch between the last two things you were doing lol.

I did not pay attention the flashing of my controller and didn't know you could auto search guides when you unlock a trophy. The zoom thing with the home and square button is new to me. There are a lot of tricks I didn't realize.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, this just taught me that you can search online from the trophy screen. Wild that I never knew that.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Surprised that trophy one is a mind blower.

It was in a firmware update ages ago, tbf most people don't read them though.