• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Yeah,just got the email since I took a screenshot of Genshin Impact and posted it on the community section for my friendlist...kinda bummed because I liked that feature and also liked seeing what others are playing,what trophies they get and seeing ''so and so played Persona 5 Strikers for the first time''for example...oh well.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I joined some and then never looked at them

On PS5 I do miss the news feed where I can see what my friends have been up to. Another community thing gone as well

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I used the communities some but I found that a lot of people would post sick shit so I quit using them. One site that I visit that was using communities would just have one guy post his latest Platinum and that's it. A few would be active but not many.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
That's too bad. It was a pretty interesting idea though I admittedly almost never used it. I joined a few communities but checked in on them maybe....once or twice a year and I don't think I ever actually posted in one.

OP
OP
Gvon

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is that you? In-Game Photography one?

Possibly. There are a lot of photo communities. I can't even remember what mine was called lol.
I did have the community app at one point but don't think it's available anymore since the new app came out.

The community I really wanted to set up was a GT racing league with different divisions and skill levels. I never got around to it in the end and to be fair I didn't have the patience to go around forums or social media to promote the thing.

As others have mentioned it was good for setting up MP events and joining in games that were live in the community. Saying that I only used it handful of times.

EndingE

Nov 8, 2017
Barely used it. The few communities I was in were either heavily populated with trolls or just turned into big ol' screenshot threads.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Sony's drive to kill the social aspects of gaming continues.

Communities were fantastic for a few things:
  1. They were the absolute best way to share screenshots. Nearly all of my PS4 wallpapers were images sourced from communities; and
  2. Community party chats made it really easy for groups of people to game together. The community party chat had a special logo next to it, so you could see at a glance in the party lists if people from a certain group were playing together, and it made it super simple to join them.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I hope Sony gets their shit together sooner rather than later. The new party system is fucking abysmal.