• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Shame. There should be at least 3 large symbols on the box telling you about the PS5 upgrade, and taking up 30% of the space. Otherwise, who would be able to see it?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't these things just get placed on the back like everything else.

Or on the plastic that you rip off to open the game. Still, at least it's not very obtrusive and blends in with the rest of the art (like, the blue and white color of the PS4 logo and band at the top of the box)

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
It needs to take up the whole box and have loads of other tiny badges for people to notice it.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why so many people want it to be on the back. If they put it on the back, than consumers won't know about it. It being on the front allows the consumers to know if you buy the PS4 version, you will get the PS5 version as well.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why so many people want it to be on the back. If they put it on the back, than consumers won't know about it. It being on the front allows the consumers to know if you buy the PS4 version, you will get the PS5 version as well.

That doesn't say to me at least, you get the PS5 version as well.

All that tells me is, there is a PS5 version.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Probably already been answered...but is there a reason as to why rating logos and such on standard game cases can't just be stickers instead of being printed right on the artwork?

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
That PS5 Upgrade logo is clean, but damn at that "Limited Edition" box, so messy. Includes full game, additional digital content? So is it the full game, or isn't it?

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
No I mean for example a parent/grandparent buying a disc as a gift for someone with a digital edition console. I wonder if and hope against us moving to unique game codes being in the box for every game to redeem the game on PSN.

Its not a digital code, in most cases it will be the disc.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
UPGRADE OF THE YEAR EDITION
qolkrUh.png

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
It should come with a little flag that raises on top of the box, with a battery that makes it blink.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Probably already been answered...but is there a reason as to why rating logos and such on standard game cases can't just be stickers instead of being printed right on the artwork?

I would assume they need to be seen at any point in time, not just when you initially buy the game new. If you remove the stickers how will you know the rating/warnings etc, especially when you buy a game second hand?

I wonder if this badge would change between free/paid/time-limited upgrades ?

There's a superscript 1 after the text so presumably all that info is on the back cover.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Better then the original Xbox upgrade logo but still don't like these things, should be on the back or just say ps5 and ps4 at the top.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If it doesnt cover at least 45% of the box, will the average consumer really notice it?

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
It says upgrade available, not upgrade free. This badge doesn't look like a guarantee of complimentary anything. If they plan to sell you instead of gift you a PS5 patch, the wording of that label doesnt dispute that plan.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Because, as has already been mentioned in the thread, doing that with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X games could lead people to believe that they'll work with PlayStation 4 / Pro and Xbox One S|X. Plus, do we even know what types of discs Microsoft and Sony are using? They very well could be using the higher-capacity Blu-ray discs that 4K UHD movies are released on.
believe the PS5 disc are dual layer blu-ray disc o up to 100gb

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
It seems clear that this is the ps5 version of crossbuy?

I tend to agree with the folks that are saying that it's ambiguous as to its effect. but I also agree with the folks that once it's clear that this is the PlayStation version of smart delivery it is enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Wait...if they're dual-layer, then does that mean they're regular Blu-ray discs? I thought they needed to be triple-layer discs to support 100 GB, as the first two layers only support up to 25 GB each, while the third layer adds 50 GB.
Then maybe their triple layer. I just recall seeing it would be 100gb space disc. Just need the proper laser for em to read it. But then again this was ago from the reveal tjmea

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't these things just get placed on the back like everything else.

because they want to make sure people can see it, as it's potentially a selling point for the game for some, and meanwhile a vast, vast majority of consumers don't get all bent out of shape over preserving the sanctity of video game box art.