• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017
What are weird, fun, crazy, idiotic, ridiculous party games for PS1? By party games i mean anything that could be played during events like Xmas party together with friends, so you can include fightings etc.

Include japanese-only titles if needed (in case you dont need to know japanese language, and they are not super ultra rare)

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Hogs of War, an amusing turn based military combat game not unlike Worms. Plus, it's narrated by the late and great Rik Mayall!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a lot of love for Point Blank. I only played it in arcades though, probably hard to get it working right today unless you have a CRT.

Incredible Crisis is always good for a laugh.

Pepsiman will save us all.

Parappa The Rapper has a cool vibe but I don't actually like the game.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Top Shop is the best PlayStation game.

To drunk for links but that is a hoot *2. The nights me and friends for high and played was the best

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible Crisis. It's a single-player game at its core but it's really fun to play in a group.

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
Bishi Bashi Special & Incredible Crisis are great choices. Not really a party game but there is nothing else like Blast Chamber too

Nov 4, 2017
Point Blank (probably unworkable these days as LewieP pointed out), Crash Team Racing, Micro Machines V3 and FIFA were our go-to games for PS1 party time. God damn I miss Point Blank... If they could make some new light gun tech that would work on modern TVs and sell it with Point Blank, I'd be there day zero.

Can I ask why PS1? I feel like N64 is the more obvious choice with party classics like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party, GoldenEye etc and 4 ports out of the box.

OP
OP
IwazaruK7

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017
Can I ask why PS1? I feel like N64 is the more obvious choice with party classics like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party, GoldenEye etc and 4 ports out of the box.

That's what my friend still has (and that friend is the one who is mastermind behind our circle of friends who get together from time to time to spend time together). He also has ps2 but it's DVD-ROM is dead now. im not sure if anyone from our circle have Nintendo consoles currently. On our events main dishes are always tabletop games, but some old school console fun is nice bonus, though lately we do some hybrids from modern indie games from steam like "keep talking and nobody explodes"

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
If you like fighting games, outside of the Capcom games, i would recommend Toshiden. Its a stupid as it can gets

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Your milage might vary with the humor, but when i was a teen South Park: Chef's Luv Shack was fun with my friends, it's basically "You don't Know Jack" (ie, trivia questions framed in an absurd way or weird topics) with some minigames at the end of every round.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a lot of love for Point Blank. I only played it in arcades though, probably hard to get it working right today unless you have a CRT.

Incredible Crisis is always good for a laugh.

Pepsiman will save us all.

Parappa The Rapper has a cool vibe but I don't actually like the game.

Wow. Point Blank. I totally forgot about that game, i remember having shit tons of fun playing this game!

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Your milage might vary with the humor, but when i was a teen South Park: Chef's Luv Shack was fun with my friends, it's basically "You don't Know Jack" (ie, trivia questions framed in an absurd way or weird topics) with some minigames at the end of every round.
I'll second this.

That and Point Blank for light gun shenanigans, Hogs of War and destruction derby 2 for MP Mayhem.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I have a ton of nostalgia for Crash Bash and it's also a pretty fun game that sometimes plays it too safe. All in all, it's a solid party game, but the Adventure Mode to unlock all the stages is annoying.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of my favorites:

41AGu29%2BXBL._AC_SX215_.jpg

OP
OP
IwazaruK7

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for suggestions, very interesting (also I'm lacking a bit in it's library knowledge so it helps much)