• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I always thought this was the weakest out of the MW trilogy, campaign wise, but I'm definitely curious about revisiting it again.

The only real standouts missions for me are the early snow ones, the favela ones, and obviously Loose Ends.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a proper remaster, too. Very nice. I don't think this campaign was that good, to be honest: it was extremely bombastic and had many shocking pieces, but they started doing too many twists and betrayals for shock value alone. I mean, dying "in real time" in the first game was shocking, the sequel pulled off the same stunt like 4 or 5 times. I'd legit expect my character to die literally every mission at one point and I wasn't far off from the reality. I'll still gladly replay this, 25 Euros is not a bad price but I'll probably wait a bit.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That Warzone skin is dope, the price of the game is essentially the price of the top tier skin price.

It really sucks multiplayer is being held back.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nostalgia overload with all the memories of MW2 trailers over a decade ago. Also, I'm glad it's not the multiplayer. That game did not age well, at all. I'd be surprised if people STILL had the patience for OMA noob tubes, tac insert boosting, HB sensors, and commando lunging.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Nostalgia overload with all the memories of MW2 trailers over a decade ago. Also, I'm glad it's not the multiplayer. That game did not age well, at all. I'd be surprised if people STILL had the patience for OMA noob tubes, tac insert boosting, HB sensors, and commando lunging.
The thing about MW2 is that it was fucking fun because everything was OP as fuck. There was no One Loadout To Rule Them All. The game was so unbalanced that it was balanced in a different way.

And man, I cannot wait to get this. MW2 was peak high school hype for me. Haven't touched the campaign since the game came out, so this is gonna be faaaantastic!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I see OP has the screenshots, but damn I'm hyped to play the snow mission in the new engine.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
the ending still hurts after all these years

still the most wtf I have yelled at the tv ever playing a game.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
So, do I still have to buy the season pass (to get Ghost) to use the Classic Ghost skin?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping they were saving Specs Ops for the reveal, shame. Campaign is fun but I really wanted spec ops. Looks nice though.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
By the way, with the 46.9GB file size it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Spec Ops and MP files are there, no way a remaster of a decade old CoD campaign needs to take up that much space. Will be interesting to see if pc data miners can uncover some stuff.
If the CoD 4 "remaster" is any indication then this is more like a MW2 remake. All new assets, lighting and engine. This isn't just a port, isn't it?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If the CoD 4 "remaster" is any indication then this is more like a MW2 remake. All new assets, lighting and engine. This isn't just a port, isn't it?
True, but I still so no reason for it to be so big then. Afaik MWR (which included MP) was like 40GB when it released. Nothing can convince me than a MW2R which is Campaign only is so big that it would be close to needing 2 discs if it had a physical release.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
True, but I still so no reason for it to be so big then. Afaik MWR (which included MP) was like 40GB when it released. Nothing can convince me than a MW2R which is Campaign only is so big that it would be close to needing 2 discs if it had a physical release.
We'll see very soon and I actually hope you're wrong, because it would be extremely depressing to find finished or unused coop/multiplayer parts within the game files. :(

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
No multiplayer or atleast MW2 maps no buy. Happy people get to enjoy the campaign tho I do remember it being pretty dope back in the day

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
No Russian playthrough

Love how they put more work into the ending where Makarov shoots you. For those who forgot the details, in the original Makarov enters the ambulance, turns around and shoots you. Here he actually gives you a hand to help you get in the ambulance, puts the gun against your chest, shoots and then points at you as he says "this is a message".

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god please tell me they finally fixed the issue with 5.1 audio where you can barely hear speech coming out of the center channel when using optical out on PC!!!

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Imagine a bunch of suits sitting in a room coming up with the idea of releasing a COD game without MP. I got into the wrong business, man.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping this looked and played more like the 2019 reboot, so a little disappointed to see it's similar to the 2016 reboot. Still, I'm definitely in.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest FP campaign of all time. Have very fond memories back when I played it back then. Really sad MW3 dropped the ball after the incredible campaigns of MW and MW2.