• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your Favourite Snax

• Bugs

Votes: 447 56.2%
  • Orks

Votes: 45 5.7%
  • Knights

Votes: 120 15.1%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 184 23.1%

• Total voters

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
I saw some people on reddit commenting you won't be able to "buy" Bugsnax from the webstore, only directly from the console. Is this true? Will it work like this for all PS5 games?

edit: saw someone mention above it does work like that for bugsnax, but will it be the same for all PS5 games going forward?

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
200.gif

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I saw some people on reddit commenting you won't be able to "buy" Bugsnax from the webstore, only directly from the console. Is this true? Will it work like this for all PS5 games?

edit: saw someone mention above it does work like that for bugsnax, but will it be the same for all PS5 games going forward?
If it's anything like previous gens, you'll be able to buy the games and add to your catalog without owning the console. This would be the case for Bugsnax

The PS Plus collection will likely be only available to purchase from the PS5 (unless they're entirely new SKUs?) but that also won't expire after a month like normal PS Plus games.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! I'm actually pretty pumped for Bugsnax. It seems like the kind of silly, chill, good-vibes game I'm going to need after the hell that is 2020. GREAT addition. For those that haven't played Hollow Knight, it's totally worth it.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight is one of the best games of the current generation and is the most Dark Souls game that isn't Dark Souls.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm legit shocked that people didn't think there would be PS5 PS+ games. PS4 had PS+ games from day one. I'm more shocked that it's only really one PS5 game, and two b/c titles. I've been saying from day one that Bugsnax has PS+ written all over it. Octodad was a big PS+ success early in the PS4's life cycle, so it only makes sense to me.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I'm legit shocked that people didn't think there would be PS5 PS+ games. PS4 had PS+ games from day one. I'm more shocked that it's only really one PS5 game, and two b/c titles. I've been saying from day one that Bugsnax has PS+ written all over it. Octodad was a big PS+ success early in the PS4's life cycle, so it only makes sense to me.
I think they will do this 1 PS5 indie plus 2 PS4 Games scheme for at least a year, and since these are BC titles we might see more big games, like Shadow of War and HK.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm fucking thrilled for Bugsnax. Hoping for the best, I'm gonna play all the way through regardless.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I dont have a PS5 preorder yet, but atleast I have Bugsnax :D Really cool that's it on plus!

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Bugsnax? I'm surprised at that. Maybe memory serves me wrong but wasn't octodad also a plus game at launch?

So far we know that Nov and Feb will have PS5 games as part of plus. I wonder if Dec or Jan will also have two extra PS5 games.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only genuinely excited for Bugsnax? Looks like a new generation's Viva Pinata to me which is awesome.

I sure hope I can add it to my library though without owning a PS5 since they'll be impossible to find for months.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I was watching the lord of the rings on Sunday and thought to myself that I should give the recent games a try. So thanks Sony.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I wish we would get a Hollow Knight update for 4K60 (or 120 fps). Might replay that on the PS5.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting bugsnax to turn into a horror game halfway through or it's just me ?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Oh, thats good news with Bugsnax, great decision to give a PS5 game for free in the launch month.

having said that i would have liked it much more if this title would have been Destruction All Stars instead of delaying it to February.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

How does this random Reddit person know that? Did they link to anything different?

There's not anything in their blog post that indicates it has to be done on the console itself. It sounds like you can still get it from the web store, it's just that it's only the PS5 version. The mention of owning a PS5/PS5 owners seems to mean that only they can play it, rather than being an actual requirement on getting it on your account.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Despite this being a fantastic month, it's not a good sign that there's only one PS5 game and they're calling it a bonus. Hopefully that's only for the first month or two.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Despite this being a fantastic month, it's not a good sign that there's only one PS5 game and they're calling it a bonus. Hopefully that's only for the first month or two.

Considering Bugsnax will be there until January it might be like that for a while especialy if you take Destruction All Stars being for two months as well.

But who knows, maybe they do add something monthly.