• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
They held the W in their hand to just make GoT a PS+ title, but chose to just make the free multiplayer DLC PS+ instead. Having the full GoT with the other three would've blown minds. One of those "signing up just for this" months. Still a really good month, and the DLC is positioned as a bonus, but could've been insane.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that's a pretty great month for me. Ark is whatever, I'll probably check it out for curiosity's sake, but the rest are things i'd quite like to play. Lovely.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
YES!

I was afraid it would be the PS4 version of GR... (it's on PS Now), but this is awesome!

Now I can play/finish it!

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Intrigued by Ghostrunner; I grabbed it for free with Twitch Prime a month or so ago but a PS5 version sounds good to me.

As for the others? Meh. I've got Mario Kart for my racing fix, Ark looks ok but I doubt I'll have the time to go through it properly and GoT isn't the full game, just the multiplayer which, again, I don't have much time for.

Still, happy for those who are excited about this month's drops.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty strong month, but a little funny that it's happening now in the maelstrom of Horizon, Elden Ring, and GT7. If there were ever a month to dump some shitty games on PS+, it would be this March.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
GoT Legends mode is a great add.
Nobody seems to realise how good it is.

Asked in the rumors thread, but here again:

GoT is just the full game download with only access to legends? Or a true standalone install with smaller a footprint?
The PS4 version of Legends is 48.67 GB installed. I'm pretty sure it's the full game install, just with Single Player locked out (it's the same with the Red Dead Online standalone); both are considered 'Trials' by the PlayStation.

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody seems to realise how good it is.

The PS4 version of Legends is 48.67 GB installed. I'm pretty sure it's the full game install, just with Single Player locked out (it's the same with the Red Dead Online standalone); both are considered 'Trials' by the PlayStation.
Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. Well at least I won't have to put in a disc if I wanted to keep it accessible on storage,

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Yay, not re-buying Team Sonic Racing on PS4 (have it on Switch) has paid off! I've always been a little curious about ARK too, so I'll have to try it.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Not pleased about the half measure of giving us Ghost of Tsushima Legends. Feels like a marketing opportunity for them rather than providing value for my PS Plus subscription. Give full games or just don't give anything; I don't like these stripped down offerings.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Not pleased about the half measure of giving us Ghost of Tsushima Legends. Feels like a marketing opportunity for them rather than providing value for my PS Plus subscription. Give full games or just don't give anything; I don't like these stripped down offerings.
I platinumed the single player, but I've still probably put 10x as much time into Legends as I have the single player. It's sold as a standalone game, and it's a worthy one. Anyone complaining about it clearly hasn't played it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean the thing about Team Sonic Racing is it's not a bad game and I enjoyed my time with it quite a bit actually. But it's also kind of objectively worse than All Stars Racing Transformed lol, other than a bit more polished and pretty.

always been somewhat interested in Ghostrunner and Ark

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So....Legends is a bonus game....and GTA V Online for PS5 is coming in March?

I said damn....

What Sony up to....

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't already own Sonic, I'd say this was a fair month. Good for everyone else. Ghostrunner at least looks cool enough to try.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Legends is amazing. I bought the game at full price just to play the multiplayer and I barely touched the single player because I had no interest whatsoever. Legends is a ton of fun with a group of friends I have put over 100 hours into it alone.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Good lineup.
Ghostrunner was on my wish list for some time, GoT Legends was a surprise release and this is a chance for a lot to try it.

The 5th PS+ game is GTA Online on the March 15th.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly there is no way to tget those pre-order katanas for Ghostrunner eventhough they are still found on the store.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost Legends is a good get, it's pretty robust for a looty shootly stabby team thingy.

I thought Ghostrunner was the one with the truck. :(

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Not even going to redeem Ark, I care that much about ever playing that game. But Ghostrunner PS5 is a definite play, and while I wouldn't buy it I'd still give Team Sonic Racing a try.

Very good month overall.

Tulike

Nov 1, 2017
did you say raids?

Do you need to grind to join them?

Yeah, there are raids. You need to get a certain power level (think Destiny progression) to be able to enter the raids, but I don't remember that it was too complicated to get to the required power level (at least it was fun enough that didn't feel like a chore).

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, there are raids. You need to get a certain power level (think Destiny progression) to be able to enter the raids, but I don't remember that it was too complicated to get to the required power level (at least it was fun enough that didn't feel like a chore).
Thank you! i'll look into it!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for this month. I wasn't very impressed with TSR in the brief time I played it and I can't expect it to hold a candle to SASRT, but I think the concept could be really fun for some multiplayer shenanigans and this should boost it's online playerbase.

I've been wanting to check out ARK and especially Ghostrunner for a long time now too.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Out now.

Why does Ghost of T say I've got the full game, but when I go to download it says demo?

This exactly my question and it's on both PS4 and PS5 version too.
I hope this does not mean something like a trail that ends or limited version like Godfall Challenger Edition.

Also I don't know why when claiming the monthly games on PS5, only the PS5 version of a game appear when the game is offered on both like Legends now and there is no way to claim PS4 version unless we do it on the webstore.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Says in the notes on the game page it's the complete version despite it saying trial
It's not specific to the PS+ version. I own both Ghost of Tsushima Legends and Red Dead Online, and they both are considered 'Trials' (I assume to give an easy upgrade path to the full games of Ghost of Tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2). I'm pretty sure the PS5 version of GTAO will be the same.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
So what's going on with Tsushima? Is this one of those "you already redeemed it, you are fucked" kinda things where you only getting the trial version? Or perhaps already Spartacus related?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
So what's going on with Tsushima? Is this one of those "you already redeemed it, you are fucked" kinda things where you only getting the trial version? Or perhaps already Spartacus related?
After redeeming this it's no possible to buy the PS4 to PS5 upgrade of Ghost of Tsushima anymore on the store... so yeah, they fucked up with licensing once again.