• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Don't show up yet under deals, but here are the links:

Dirt 5

DIRT 5 PS4 & PS5

Vorige speciale prijsaanbieding geldig van 01-03-2024 tot 04-03-2024 was €13.99. Met dit product krijg je toegang tot zowel de digitale PS4™- als de digitale PS5™-versie van deze game. Vier de feestdagen in stijl met de Snow Limits pack voor DIRT 5, gratis beschikbaar voor alle spelers De...

Deep Rock Galactic

Deep Rock Galactic PS4 & PS5

Deep Rock Galactic is een 1-4 speler co-op FPS met badass ruimte Dwergen, 100 vernietigbare omgevingen, procedureel gegenereerde grotten, en eindeloze hordes van buitenaardse monsters. 1-4 SPELER CO-OP Werk samen als een team om te graven, verkennen en vechten door een gigantisch grottenstelsel...

Persona 5: Strikers
www.playstation.com

Persona 5 Strikers - PS4-games | PlayStation

Koop Persona 5 Strikers op PS4. Ga samen met de Phantom Thieves de strijd aan tegen de corruptie die allerlei steden in Japan overneemt.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What does any of the DLC do? I saw something for credits and what not, is it just a short cut, of sorts?

Unless they added something for the ps5 the dlc is all paid cosmetic packs.

The game has a bunch of stuff you can get ingame overtime and a free battlepass, plus every new biome/mission added was also free. Basically just a way to give back since the devs have been really generous.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
They are announced on the last wednesday of a month and then released on the first tuesday of a month.
Nitpicking here, but if the first Tuesday of a month is the 7th, then they're announced on the first Wednesday of the month. They're announced on the Wednesday before the first Tuesday of a month. (exceptions may be holidays, leaks, etc.)

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing month. I already bought Dirt 5 on sale, but I don't care because it means some friends with PS Plus might play it with me now.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
All three showing under the ps plus store now. Excited to try them out. Looking for a good racer. Hopefully dirt5 satisfies!

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Dirt 5 online multiplayer...

Unless I'm missing something you cant search for or host lobbies right? It just seems to cycle through random car classes/tracks.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Dirt 5 left such a terrible first impression on me that I deleted it after an hour.

Incredibly obnoxious presentation, fucked up default HDR settings that was so searingly bright it made it look like my TV was broken, and constant 'Server down, press X' popups just because I didn't want to create a Racenet account.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
Deep rock seems cool as hell had a quick go found it difficult to put it down an hour later.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Dirt 5 left such a terrible first impression on me that I deleted it after an hour.

Incredibly obnoxious presentation, fucked up default HDR settings that was so searingly bright it made it look like my TV was broken, and constant 'Server down, press X' popups just because I didn't want to create a Racenet account.
It's not great. Like it's so... ugly from a presentation point of view.

Had to literally go and edit the starting car because even the livery was rotten to look at it.

This is not a racing game for me.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dirt 5 is really pretty to look at. I like it. I'm not much of a racing fan and always prefer the more arcadey offers. I miss Driveclub, you can definitely see the visual similarities between the 2

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just have lower standards but a couple of races into Dirt5 and enjoying it so far? Graphics and handling seem to be on point and loving the trigger implementation. Things could definitely change though - and that livery in the car for the first race - talk about bad first impressions…

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Deeprock is cool as shit, but i'm finding it impossible to join any games from the server list. Keeps timing out.

So I've played a bit solo, and hope when me and my buddy try and play later it works out.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like Dirt after doing the first 4 races. The 120 mode does feel nice, especially as you pick up speed. Haptics are cool too. Not sure if my controller is broken but I can hear the rumble and feel it. It's kind of crazy lol.
Watching the pre launch media I didn't really see anything in the racing that excited me. Playing the game has sort of confirmed that. I don't get any breathless moments or any buzz from the handling.

Deep Rock Galaxy has been cool so far. I've only played a couple of solo games but this game seems to come with all the bells and whistles when it comes to options and the controller. Haptics, speaker, triggers, touch pad and gyro aim all seem to work well and can be tweaked and adjusted.

On top of all that I didn't know there was a 120fps mode until I looked in the options. They've even added an FPS counter option too lol. It's also nice to see the FOV slider was high by default.

Im sure the game will be a blast in co-op. I'm also interested in seeing how the FPS holds under those circumstances.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Not going to lie, I got tired of P5 around the 60hr mark but jumping into Strikers feels so damn good. I've missed P5 universe. My PS5 is going to get a lot of work the next 4 months.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just tried Dirt… what the hell is wrong with the presentation in this game? The brightness is so ridiculously high that it hurts my eyes and the menu music is insanely loud.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Shit, just figured out that Dirt 5 doesn't support full cross-play as they announced. Cross-play in this game is just to fill-in random lobbies faster as you can't invite friends from other platforms to create your own lobby. 🤦

I convinced a friend to buy the game on PC because of this last week. I hope he gets a refund on Steam.

Last edited:

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
What's the difference on P5 and P5 Strikers? Same game with added content or new game basically? Not sure I want to play it if I need to play the original P5.

Strikers is essentially a sequel to Persona 5 and also an entirely different genre. It's more of a musou game with a few role-playing story elements while Persona 5 is a turn-based JRPG.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017

Heh, I came in here to state that I must be getting old, since between the garish UI and insufferable dudebro announcers, I managed to play 3 races before my head hurt so bad I had to quit. I guess I'm not the only one!

AAA racing games are in a weird place right now.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
played like 5 hours of Deep Rock with my buddy tonight (that doesn't happen often) and am in love with it.

Probably already one of the best co-op experiences I've had. Looking forward to unlocking/seeing more and how the game grows.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Awesome month, especially with PS5 versions included.
I was ready to day1 purchase DRG so hard, so PS+ was a lovely surprise. May drop some money on cosmetic packs for support.

Dirt5 and P5S I'm not in a hurry to try, but they seem like great games for when in the mood.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
P5S is not my thing, I find these Musou games really boring.

Played a bit of Dirt5 on PC already, thought it was ok. I will try on PS5 again because I'm curious about the Dualsense features.

Tried Deeprock solo and I liked it quite a bit! I do wanna get my friends on board because a game like this would be way more fun that way.

y0shizawa

May 3, 2021
Is P5S a sequel to vanilla persona 5 or persona 5 royal? Eg which story / ending is it continuing from?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't tried it then i'd say at least download it and give it a chance. If you view Musou as having a character that's just fighting through large crowds of enemies, then that's not P5S.

It's much more an action rpg than a musou. If you were a fan of the original game, you should check it out. Some fantastic battle music.

Sequel to vanilla, or the very least only characters from vanilla.

I see. In that case I'll give it a try.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Dirt 5 looks spectacular on base ps4 and controls pretty great BUT the menus are a visual mess/overload of a UI to look at.

my-eyes-burning-eyes.gif

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
fucked up default HDR settings that was so searingly bright it made it look like my TV was broken

I had the same impression at first. This game is one of the few on Playstation consoles that uses HGIG, meaning that it uses the console's HDR calibration as a baseline. Vincent Teoh has some videos in his Youtube channel about this topic, including how to best set up the PS5 for both OLED TVs and the Sony X900h.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I had the same impression at first. This game is one of the few on Playstation consoles that uses HGIG, meaning that it uses the console's HDR calibration as a baseline. Vincent Teoh has some videos in his Youtube channel about this topic, including how to best set up the PS5 for both OLED TVs and the Sony X900h.

I have all that setup and have had no issue with other games that use the PS5 settings. There's no way that what I was seeing was intended as I literally couldn't see the road.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played up until the end of the first dungeon of Persona 5 and keep meaning to get back to it at some point. Will playing Strikers have significant spoilers that will ruin my enjoyment of 5 if I ever get round to finishing it? Don't mind minor stuff.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
I have all that setup and have had no issue with other games that use the PS5 settings. There's no way that what I was seeing was intended as I literally couldn't see the road.
yeah that game has some weird default hdr behavior on my qled as well,
over bright img, ui elements too bright as well etc.

and it was same on series x as well.
don't think it has anything to do with in console hdr settings. or maybe its using them wrong.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Played up until the end of the first dungeon of Persona 5 and keep meaning to get back to it at some point. Will playing Strikers have significant spoilers that will ruin my enjoyment of 5 if I ever get round to finishing it? Don't mind minor stuff.
Strikers is a direct sequel to the end of Persona 5 so you'd probably not have a good time lol