• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing PES 2018 because it has Champions League branding.

Eh...I don't know about even bothering with 2019. They can't even be bothered to add MLS, and MLS will sell its rights to anyone at any price.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
At least it's nice to see a brazilian game on the lineup... but yeah bad month. I still can't believe they are only giving 2 games.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Horizon Chase Turbo is really cool.
It's often pretty cheap though, so it's probably not the most "value" choice for Plus, but I hope some of you try it out at least.

It's a spiritual successor to the SNES Top Gear, even has the same composer. A lot of tracks and cars to unlock. It's great for short play sessions here and there.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Horizon chase is a must have for anyone like arcade game. You can don't like the football but nobody can deny the quality of pes. July divide but they are quality game.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, good thing I stopped renewing Plus like 2 months ago.

Quite honestly, I don't play online that much and the games have been pure shit IMO. A sports game in a monthly lineup where PS3 and Vita are out of the question? Geez...

Mar 11, 2019
PES (outside of the inclusion of micro transactions!) is a great game. Coming from PES and looking at the reception rocket league has received, imo people need to give it a proper chance. To me rocket league is really a joke, and I am even trying to say it nice here.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The only game I really use Playstation online for is Rocket League and at the end of the day, it's also on Game Pass, so I don't think I'm going to renew. I get that there are often good games added, but this late in the PS4's life cycle, I've just played most of the good ones that they end up putting up, or they're also on Game Pass or GWG, which looking at the games you're getting per dollar, is a vastly better deal. I'd love to see Sony take some steps to make this a more valuable service. Like if they start putting their 1st party AAA games up there at a more rapid pace, (there is no reason Spiderman and God of War should not be up on PS+ already), I'll definitely resubscribe. It just really makes it seem like Sony doesn't think this is a worthwhile service for their games, so how can they ever expect 3rd party publishers to put their more desirable games on PS+? I really want a reason to stay subscribed to PS+, but the one or two games per year that I want to play that I don't already own or have available on a competing service does not make it a worthwhile value proposition in my mind. I'll just buy any games with an online component on XBOX and buy my single player games on PS4.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Very bad month for me . Nothing to get interested about

Have they given order 1886 in plus ? I wanted to try that game just for the graphics lol

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
My PS+ subscription expired yesterday. I'm not renewing it.

I mean you probably wasn't gonna renew it before this thread considering that PS+ memberships were on sales as part of their Days of Play E3 sale this month.

I for one don't mind a soccer game as a free game. I never heard of Horizon Chase so I'll try it, maybe it'll be good

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Chase is cool, but hardly subscription game service material, and PES is awesome, fuck the haters.

Still, doing this a couple weeks after Microsoft drops the one dollar GPU sub promo is... an odd look, to be sure.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Chase is pretty good. But PES?

giphy.gif

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What exactly is the issue with pes?
Is it because it's a sports title?

I bought horizon chase a couple weeks ago. I should stop buying indie games honestly lol

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
With Game Pass now these monthly "free" games are the most irrelevant thing ever. Not that I sub for online gaming anymore anyway.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I mean you probably wasn't gonna renew it before this thread considering that PS+ memberships were on sales as part of their Days of Play E3 sale this month.

I for one don't mind a soccer game as a free game. I never heard of Horizon Chase so I'll try it, maybe it'll be good
Indeed, the decision was made a few weeks ago, I took the time to think about it. PS+ does not offer the same stuff anymore, from my point of view at least, so I knew I was not going to renew my subscription, and this particular thread just makes me feel I made the right decision.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Horizon Chase is an absolutely brilliant Top Gear / Top Gear 2 sequel (Top Gear 3000 should be erased from history). It's awesome. I have it though.

PES is great since I don't have a "soccer" game.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, well I'll take it. I guess. I guess the racing game cound interest me.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
Once a year I decide to start using PS plus again. Then after a month I start to wonder why I spent money for this again.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Racing game kind of reminds me of Top Gear. Maybe it's just the music though. I'll try it. Dont care about PES though.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I literally just started playing OnRush yesterday that was previously on Plus and I like it so far. Doubt I'll touch this other car racing game. In fact, I won't touch either of these new offerings.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
Hey, heard good things about Horizon Chase.

Note that it matters. I'm still drowning in games to play, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely excitef ro Horizon Chase as I've been holding out for a physical release that they've been promising for the past year...

Not a sports game kind of guy, but i'm sure some people are happy about it.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's pretty shocking how lazy these game selections have gotten over the years while Nintendo is giving out a great selection of classic titles, and Microsoft is doing gangbusters.

Sony is like "Here's a soccer game that you can rent for the life of your PS+ subscription"

Hell, don't forget that to this day you still can't permanently purchase any title you picked up on PS+ to play without a subscription. I tried grabbing a title I had a PS+ version of between a subscription lapse and it wouldn't work. They're turning down money.

Also, I wonder what the venn diagram of people who want PES and people who don't have PES is. It's gotta be close to a full circle.