• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I actually am more interested in Horizon Zero Chase after reading more about it sooo... not a totally dead month for me.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I mean, if none of the last 12/14 games have an interest to you, the service will have a hard time coming up with games that do and also keep the selection diverse enough to cater to different users. That doesn't make the game's shit though, nor does it make the service shit. For you? yes certainly doesn't sound good. Looking strictly at the scores of the game as some sort of metric of shit/not shit, they are not shit, well maybe Conan and the two crossplay Vita games....

PES 2019 - 79
Horizon Chase - 77
Sonic Mania - 86
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - 82
Overcooked! - 78
What Remains of Edith Finch - 88
The Surge - 73
Conan Exiles - 68
The Witness - 87
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - 83
Rogue Aces (Vita-cross) - 72
Gunhouse (Vita-cross) - No score 70 on switch
Hitman: The Complete First Season - 84
For Honor - 78
- PES: SP and reportedly quite good football mechanics (personally don't care)
- Horizon: legitimately good arcade driving game. Have it on iOS and PC and still happy to have it on PS4.
- Sonic Mania: An amazing game on all counts
- Borderlands: Quite good, works fine for SP, better co-op of course
- OVercooked: great party / co-op game
- What remains of Edith Finch - good game, SP, personally not my cup of tea
- The Surge: Alright, but was free before. This is also fine in SP. Didn't care because I already got it free from Sony and have it on PC.
- Conan. This is actually quite good now that we are a few expansions in with a lot of patches. I play it on an off on PC, pretty much all in SP mode. It's a better game then the score indicates.
- Witness - great puzzle game.
- CoD MW1 - possibly 2nd best CoD campaign behind Infinite Warfare. Personally I didn't care because I have it on PC.
- Rogue Aces/Gunhouse - yeah....
- Hitman: Amazing game (personally didn't care since I had it on PC AND Xbox :P)
- For Honor: Good game for what it is. Not my cup of tea.

So yeah, this is actually a pretty decent list. Am I happy that they dropped VIta/PS3 without adding anything such as even throwing in one VR game? Of course not. However, you can't look at the list and seriously say "it's all shite games".

This month

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Conan Exiles is great. I played it for a month and was probably my favorite PS+ game this year. The low score is due to the fact that it was released barebones with lots of bugs, but its a much better game now with much more content and new mechanics. Still has some annoying bugs but overal its a solid 8 if you enjoy survival games and building stuff.

Well, I am trying to stay objective. It was generally a lower score game, so I can accept it could be considered a "bad" game. I actually played it and platinumed it. It is not a great game, but I also think it is good.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Chase is really good. But I feel like an Indie game should not be part of their "Free game a month" for their subscription service. They should be offering top notch stuff.

Especially when Xbox Game Pass gives you brand new games day and date with their version of "Plus".

PS Plus makes no sense when you compare it to what Xbox Game Pass offers.

That makes no sense whatsoever. PS Plus isn't a game subscription service like Game Pass is. Why would you even remotely compare the two? You should be comparing it to Games with Gold.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people were like "good, im glad they no longer support PS3 and Vita because it will make PS4 offerings better?"

Remember when we got up to 6 games a month because of cross-buy and sometimes it applied to games that didn't actually feature cross-buy normally, like Grand Kingdom?

Remember when people argued dropping PS3/Vita games would allow them to improve the PS4 lineup?

*tips hat*

Oct 25, 2017
This narrative sure has changed from a couple years ago. Sony need to step it up.
That has been the case ever since the PS4 console came out. For the majority of players, Playstation Plus is a mandatory subscription to play a PS4 because you're missing out on a lot if you don't have access to anything online, and most people have friends who they want to play together with.

Because PS Plus is mandatory, they don't need to give out great games to keep people subscribed. Now most great Plus games have a catch - for example June's Borderlands is intended to promote Borderlands 3 this fall and Destiny 2 last year was meant to sell you some DLC which is practically mandatory to play with anyone else.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope Asia is different but at the same time, I haven't played a soccer game in about 10 years so I would at least try it out.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Fuck off with these sports and racing games. Give us weeb shit like good JRPGs. Wish I could sub to JP PS+ with a NA account.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ooh this is a great month. i've been wanting to buy horizon chase for a while. my nephew is gonna love to get a soccer game for free.

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Chase is really good. But I feel like an Indie game should not be part of their "Free game a month" for their subscription service. They should be offering top notch stuff.

Especially when Xbox Game Pass gives you brand new games day and date with their version of "Plus".

PS Plus makes no sense when you compare it to what Xbox Game Pass offers.
Why are you comparing PS Plus with Xbox Game Pass? PS Plus is a mandatory subscription to go online, the Xbox equivalent of that is Xbox Live Gold. Game Pass is a separate service that still requires Live Gold attached to it separately if you want to go online with the games.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Welp... Now that I got XGP Ultimate I'm really considering shifting my online games to the X

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Eh, nothing for me, but June was stellar so I can't be non-plus'd about it.

I've probably sunk around 50ish hours into BL2 alone, and I still need to finish the last DLC.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The value we've gotten in better PS4 games from the ending of the PS3 and PS Vita end of the program has just been phenomenal.

It hasn't.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice I had almost bought Horizon Chase but had already had it on mobile.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Eh, nothing for me, but June was stellar so I can't be non-plus'd about it.

I've probably sunk around 50ish hours into BL2 alone, and I still need to finish the last DLC.
BL2 also came out in 2012 and regularly goes on sale for absurdly low prices.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could think of anything worse than getting a sports game. Even if it's free.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I almost considered July a write-off, but looking closer, Horizon Chase Turbo looks pretty great.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this thread reminded me to pick up June's games. After over 5 years diligently picking up games I won't play, this was gonna be the first time I forgot to.

Sonic Mania and Borderlands is a super good month, too, so it would've been a real shame.

As for next month...yikes.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Will try both, good strategy for Konami to have PES, maybe it will push some sales for the next one
There is a PES 2019 Lite, for free, since December or January... But considering that tje online mode is completely pay 2 win, now we can af least play single player for "free" as well. The game is really great but Konami doesnt put any effort in trying to improve it, the online is region locked since the PS3 era to this date...

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Damn, i dont play a PES game since PS2. Does PES19 still have a Champions League licence? Im more of a FIFA guy but i only buy 1 soccer game per generation, so will try PES to see how it plays now. If they have Portuguese Stadiums i even might leave it istaled.
No Champions League license, official license of the Liga Nos, only Alvalade is in the game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yet another terrible month of 2 uninteresting PS4 games. Can't believe that this service has lost value over the gen whilst increasing in price. Yet here we are.