• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Both are good games but of course you have people in here pretending that it's shit and always shit.

This is so true! The games are always good for someone somewhere. I don't like Bloodbourne but I added it in case I ever want to give it a go. Was that month bad? No, of course not... Not even for me. I'm always down to trying new games.

I was flipping through my PS+ list last year and decided to trying Tales from the Borderlands. I disliked everything from that series/Telltale up until then. I had a blast playing it. Always add the games ,you never know!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'll YouTube some reviews of PES, might download it. I enjoyed FIFA 17. Does PES feel completely different?

Oct 25, 2017
The primary purpose of Playstation Plus is to enable the ability to play online. The games are a bonus. You shouldn't be getting disappointed at bonuses because these aren't what you are supposed to be paying for.

If you don't play online but have PS+ anyway, you are doing it wrong.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PES 2019 is such a weird pick with 2020 out in a few months, far too late, Horizon chase looks interesting though

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm really amused right now after the initial response to PS3 & Vita games being removed from the service where people were expecting a higher quality output.
Probably the poorest month in years.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
I think the issue is when you go six or seven months in a row without any games that appeal to you.

Like, I don't play multiplayer. I don't give a shit about it outside of Warframe, I almost entirely specialize in single-player games. So PS+ has almost no value for me outside of the free games, but they keep raising the price AND making the free game selections shit. They need a better value proposition - as of right now it basically feels like they don't care and aren't even trying because they know the forced online subscription fee basically has a huge chunk of their playerbase by the balls.

I mean, if none of the last 12/14 games have an interest to you, the service will have a hard time coming up with games that do and also keep the selection diverse enough to cater to different users. That doesn't make the game's shit though, nor does it make the service shit. For you? yes certainly doesn't sound good. Looking strictly at the scores of the game as some sort of metric of shit/not shit, they are not shit, well maybe Conan and the two crossplay Vita games....

PES 2019 - 79
Horizon Chase - 77
Sonic Mania - 86
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - 82
Overcooked! - 78
What Remains of Edith Finch - 88
The Surge - 73
Conan Exiles - 68
The Witness - 87
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - 83
Rogue Aces (Vita-cross) - 72
Gunhouse (Vita-cross) - No score 70 on switch
Hitman: The Complete First Season - 84
For Honor - 78

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Damn, i dont play a PES game since PS2. Does PES19 still have a Champions League licence? Im more of a FIFA guy but i only buy 1 soccer game per generation, so will try PES to see how it plays now. If they have Portuguese Stadiums i even might leave it istaled.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Almost bought Horizon Chase in a sale a couple of months ago so I'll happily take that and just leave the outdated football game.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Z-tier indies and ports, huh? This year we've had...

Portal Knights, Amplitude, For Honor, Hitman, The Witness, The Surge, What Remains of Edith Finch, Overcooked, Sonic Mania...

What's your definition of z-tier? Games that don't interest you? Or is it just all indies in general? Cause holy fuck at calling games like The Witness, Edith Finch, Amplitude, and Overcooked "z-tier".
Very good games indeed. I still prefer Horizon Chase Turbo over all the games you and Violet listed.

Cbrun44

For me personally, the reasons to mindlessly keep subscribing to PS+ are dwindling at a rapid rate. I don't play online and since it's inception, I've probably put significant time into only a handful of "free" releases. I think it might be an appropriate time to cancel, at least until next gen.

Edit: And done. Auto-renew off.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Chase Turbo was my favorite racing game of 2018. It's awesome and has a great soundtrack made by the same composer as the old Top Gear games.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm excited to play Pro Evo.

I do wonder why Sony do not release more first party stuff now that the gen is virtually over. At the end of PS3 era we got some amazing games including some that were new releases almost like Puppeteer.

Would Killzone Shadowfall, or Horizon, or The Last of Us or Uncharted 4 really hurt Sony at this point?

I assume all these streaming services, with now Ubisoft joining, means that companies don't want their games given away for free

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Twitter, comments under PlayStation are hilarious to read, a lot of people are disappointed by these
That really doesn't change my point.

I haven't played Horizon Chase Turbo so if I play it and it fuckin rocks I'll come back and eat crow for sure
From what I played it reminds me alot of outrun. It's very fun

Horizon Chase is really good. But I feel like an Indie game should not be part of their "Free game a month" for their subscription service. They should be offering top notch stuff.

Especially when Xbox Game Pass gives you brand new games day and date with their version of "Plus".

PS Plus makes no sense when you compare it to what Xbox Game Pass offers.
WTF, Your posts makes no sense. PS+ is not game pass, it's comparable with games for gold which both services offer good games pretty consistently.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Looking strictly at the scores of the game as some sort of metric of shit/not shit, they are not shit, well maybe Conan
Conan Exiles is great. I played it for a month and was probably my favorite PS+ game this year. The low score is due to the fact that it was released barebones with lots of bugs, but its a much better game now with much more content and new mechanics. Still has some annoying bugs but overal its a solid 8 if you enjoy survival games and building stuff.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon Chase is really good. But I feel like an Indie game should not be part of their "Free game a month" for their subscription service. They should be offering top notch stuff.

Especially when Xbox Game Pass gives you brand new games day and date with their version of "Plus".

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped PES2018, so I'll probably play 2019 for a bit.

Still, very weak offering considering football games after season ended are cheap as hell and the next one would be like 2-3 months away

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Second month after not renewing, they put in a soccer game and a driving game (literally my two most hated genres). Good Guy Sony. :D

Of course they had to mess it up and give CoolpaintVR, which I'm interested in, in Spain, which I'm from. :P

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to these ones. I skipped out on FIFA this year so I haven't had a football game to play so I will definitely try out PES. Horizon Chase Turbo had a cool look and reminded me of the snes racing days, it was just never something I was willing to buy directly yet.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Well, Game Pass with Live Gold is $180/year. A few weeks ago I paid $36 for a year of Plus. And even *if* MS are being generous, it's only because they are behind. Remember that for years they charged $60 just for multiplayer, no free games at all. They only brought in GWG due to Sony offering MP + games for the same price.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Won't bother downloading the soccer game, but HCT is really good. I hope people don't write it off without giving it a fair shake.

Alefas

Mar 6, 2019
I just canceled my auto-renewal. It is not that the quality of the games is drastically decreased on average. It is more that they are boring choices.

Nobody is going to try PES unless they are football fans, and if so they already have either FIFA or PES. I played the demo of Horizon and it is fun enough but it should be the 3rd game (like we used to get with the Vita), where the other 2 would be more interesting choices. Even the good offers (like Borderlands or the Witness) have been available on sales for years.

I hope they will rethink their strategy with the coming PS5. Otherwise, I am only going to subscribe on a multiplayer-need basis or seriously start looking at building a gaming PC.