• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fiveshift

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2018
I'm not normally one to buy games and create backlogs for myself but PSPlus is doing it for me.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
how necessary it is to have the VR aim controller for firewall? i know its not required, but how much does it improve the experience as compared to playing with move/DS4 controller?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Don't have a PSVR and I already have the Bioshock Collection, so I'll check out Sims 4. Never played a Sims game before!

Also, as a heads up to those downloading the Bioshock Collection - there's a save glitch that could waste a bit of time. Basically, if you create too many saves in Bioshock 1, you won't be able to save in Bioshock 2.

So before you finish Bioshock 1, delete most of your save states (I think I ended with maybe 2 save states) in order to prevent it.

Ananke

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 19, 2020
I don't own any of these so I'm happy. I wonder if we'll begin to see VR games added as a means of replacing PS3 titles. I can't wait for PS5 and PSVR2 to drop so I finally play all the VR titles I missed out on.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fairly solid for me. I'm not itching to replay the Bioshock games right now, but I don't own them and am happy to have them on my account for a replay down the road. And Firewall is on my list if I can ever get motivated to hook my PSVR back up.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Bioshock and Sims are cool. I loved the Sims 1 back in the day. Looking forward to trying out 4 for a bit.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Been a long time since I've played the original Bioshock and I've never play the sequel. Decent month for me.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My PS Plus automatically renewed despite me cancelling it, dunno what happened there

But I kinda wanted to try the PS4 version of the Sims 4 so that might be fun

Bioshock does nada for me though

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Firewall is cool but demands the PS Aim to be played without serious wrist cramps.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice. I got a PSVR a few weeks ago and had considered getting Firewall. Also need to play through the BioShock series at some point.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
But I kinda wanted to try the PS4 version of the Sims 4 so that might be fun
I thought it was a really solid port and it is quite well-supported, they really listened to the communities initial concerns and release a lot of updates specifically for the console releases. It does take a little while to get comfortable with the controls though.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
how necessary it is to have the VR aim controller for firewall? i know its not required, but how much does it improve the experience as compared to playing with move/DS4 controller?

I really cant imagine playing it without an aim controller, it just feels so immersive with it and aiming feels great.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

DS4 should work fine but the aim gun delivers a much better experience imo.

You should at least try it with the DS4, not sure if the moves are supported but it will be hard against aim/ds4 players.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Wow great month. Was always on the edge whether to buy the Bioshock collection or not.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
This is awesome! Never played Bioshock so I'm looking forward to playing that. Also been looking for more VR games so I'll have to check out Firewall

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Glad people will get to enjoy the vastly superior BioShock game in the saga (BioShock Infinite of course).

It's a good month to be honest. I have no interest in The Sims and I already own the BioShock collection on Steam, but it's a great deal for people who haven't played those games yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Sims 4 currently has the most expansion packs ever released for a single game and it was given away free a long time ago on Origin. It's a barren shell without the dlc and even with all the dlc many in the community still feel like it's lacking in many ways compared to the previous games. Bioshock Collection is the only real gem out of these 3. It looks and plays great. With how many times it's been on sale though I would recommend just buying it instead of subbing to Sony's video game hostage service.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a really solid port and it is quite well-supported, they really listened to the communities initial concerns and release a lot of updates specifically for the console releases. It does take a little while to get comfortable with the controls though.

I've played so much FFXIV on PS4 that my hands can contort to play any PC game on console, so I'm in luck

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Did the Bioshock collection get patched? I heard there were issues at launch.
It did, yes. There are some issues still, but it is the best way to play the games.
I've played so much FFXIV on PS4 that my hands can contort to play any PC game on console, so I'm in luck
I actually felt like my PS4 FFXIV experience helped me a bit with The Sims 4, as it really is a port of the PC version, they didn't do an adaptation for consoles (though there are some compromises), which I found to be a good thing as we didn't lose much in the conversion.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Free games are always great. I had my fill of Bioshock last gen, but I'll pick it up again just incase. I already own Sims and I don't own VR. lol

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Sims 4 currently has the most expansion packs ever released for a single game and it was given away free a long time ago on Origin. It's a barren shell without the dlc and even with all the dlc many in the community still feel like it's lacking in many ways compared to the previous games. Bioshock Collection is the only real gem out of these 3. It looks and plays great. With how many times it's been on sale though I would recommend just buying it than subbing to Sony's video game hostage service.
I've been a Simmer since Sims 1 days - believe me when I say there is always a segment of the community that thinks the previous iteration was better. I actually think it may have been louder during the Sims 3 era, pudding face kept being pushed about constantly. And ironically Sims 4 in its complete form is actually cheaper than the Sims 3 in its complete form despite Sims 4 having more packs as Sims 3 had a store with micro transactions which cost soooooooooo much. I really hated that store.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Looks like I will finally finish Minerva's Den. I enjoyed all three Bioshock games on PS3 and also have PS VR, so this is a good month for me.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've uh... only ever played bioshock infinite. I'm SO looking forward to finally playing the whole series!

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I hear the remaster collection is very poorly enhanced. That's sad cuz i'd have loved to wander around rapture in glorious 4k60fps

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Surprised so many people haven't played the bioshock games.
I say that as some one who has never tried a Sims game (or civilization) so it's a little hypocritical of me to think that.

TXULJ

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
What a great month! Already have Bioshock collection, but have always wanted to get into Sims 4. Are all the expansions available on PS4 as well?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed Bioshock Collection last year, wanted the other two.

Nice month for me.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
The Sims is the only game I'm not really into, so that's a pretty good month for me.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Too old to be a good deal. Ones from 2014, and the other 2016. 4 & 6 year old games that I've already bought literally not worth my time. Also that their dirt cheap.
Sims 4 didn't come to console til Nov 2017 and is still getting updated so it's not really an old game though?

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
giphy.gif