• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Not my favorite.

Rocket Arena = Hard pass
Just Cause 4 = As a BC title that previously ran like crap, I get it, but I probably won't play it
Worms = I actually know nothing about it, but I'd be surprised if I actually want to play any Worms title anymore.

Oh well. Not surprised at all there isn't a PS5 game, but it is disappointing. Edit: corrected, apparently Worms has a native PS5 version.

Last edited:

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Warning to everyone
Just Cause 4 is VERY bad, like almost Dead Rising 4 bad
Seems like a lot of people are getting it confused with Just Cause 3 (a good game that just ran like crap)
3 and 2 are both infinitely better

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Warning to everyone
Seems like a lot of people are getting it confused with Just Cause 3 (a good game that just ran like crap)
Aww dang that sucks to hear. I loved just hoovering up the map in 3.

What makes 4 worse?

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Warning to everyone
Eh, I hated the way 3 locked all the upgrades behind the ***** challenges, and then tried to push you into doing them at every opportunity. What I played of the campaign seemed a huge step down down from 2 as well. JC4 was more tolerable in that most of the interesting unlocks came from just playing the game, and the challenges could be ignored.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Aww dang that sucks to hear. I loved just hoovering up the map in 3.

What makes 4 worse?

They just managed to take all the fun out of it
The game is dark and dreary looking, it controls and plays like crap, and it focuses too much on generic story set piece mission stuff instead of just messing around and clearing the map

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Not my favorite.

Rocket Arena = Hard pass
Just Cause 4 = As a BC title that previously ran like crap, I get it, but I probably won't play it
Worms = I actually know nothing about it, but I'd be surprised if I actually want to play any Worms title anymore.

Oh well. Not surprised at all there isn't a PS5 game, but it is disappointing.
Worms has a PS5 version.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Always considered getting JC4 during a sale so this is a nice surprise. Am going to give it a try on my old PS4 pro...one last ride for the old noisy bitch before I'll switch to a next Gen console.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
So excited for Worms...is the PS5 version just running the PS4 in BC or are there PS5 specific enhancements?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Man I know November was a great month with Hollow Knight and the PS+ Collection but damn they didn't have to go and make this month so mediocre.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh? Where was this?

The console literally just launched. What are they supposed to put on there?

Edit: Actually, Worms Rumble is apparently a PS5 game so there you go.

EA was giving away codes on all platforms a few months ago.

Rocket Arena wasn't free on Playstation, which you could argue is the most important context when it's being added to PS+.

As for Worms, I'm pretty sure it's offering the PS5 native version as well as PS4, so there is technically a PS5 game included.

It definitely was also free for PlayStation, I certainly didn't pay for it.

See: https://gamerant.com/rocket-arena-free-code-ea/

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Huh, hadn't yet heard about Worms: Soldat. Could be cool.

I didn't stick with Rocket Arena long-term since I'm already wrapped up in another couple multiplayer games, but it's way more fun than people give it credit for.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol I'm not being defensive at all. It was just a strange comment because giving away some codes for a few hours simply isn't the same thing as being free on PS+.

Sure - sorry. I guess I'm just supposing that Rocket Arena is about to go F2P regardless - unless I'm off. I don't think it got a lot of traction after release. :/

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Sure - sorry. I guess I'm just supposing that Rocket Arena is about to go F2P regardless - unless I'm off. I don't think it got a lot of traction after release. :/

It probably should. A game like that could do well as F2P.

It boggles my mind that anyone would try to release a game like Rocket Arena as $30 in 2020. It just doesn't work.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
For some reason I thought Destruction All Stars was coming in December but looks like February. Wonder if they will bring any PS5 game for January.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Rocket arena looks pretty naff. But the other 2 I'll be playing. Was meant to get to JC4 while it was on PSNow, but I didn't get around to it. Nice to see I get a second chance.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Eh, weak month for me. JC4 is kinda cool, but I'd rather play it on PC, and no interest in Rocket Arena. I guess I could try Worms Rumble, but idk.

JC4 ran like ass on Xbox One when I tried it on game pass. I doubt the PS4 version will be better

According to DigitalFoundry, both JC3 and 4 run flawlessly on PS5 and Series X, so that's something at least :)