• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which streaming service will you be subscribing to?

• Stadia

Votes: 149 10.9%
  • Xcloud

Votes: 437 32.1%
  • PS Now

Votes: 315 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 34 2.5%
  • None

Votes: 648 47.5%

• Total voters

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you know stadia is coming in hot and xcloud doesn't exist?

personally for me the download part of a subscription service is more interesting than streaming - and for edge caese where I want access remotely I can use remote play if needed
He was talking about streaming quality

he said PSnow quality is better than stadia and xcloud but it's only 720p

while stadia supports 4k and xcloud supports 1080p, stadia also has 1080p for free

Last edited:

Havik

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
My gaming PC is pretty dated and i dont feel like upgrading it because I really dont play that many games anymore. But usually there are like 2-3 games a year i really want to play but my PC cant handle anymore so i think will switch services alot to whichever has the game(s) is want to play at that moment.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to buy games rather than rent them, but if Sony manages to get a big chunk of their PS1/PS2 libraries playable on Now, I might subscribe to that on occassion just to try it. If we can purchase these games to play natively on PS5 that will also sway my decision. I doubt it will do anything for me long-term because I only really play at home. Remote Play has never been hugely reliable or comfortable for me.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I'm already subbed to PSNow, I don't have a PC that I use for gaming so I haven't bothered with Gamepass, but I think I will dip in and out of xCloud to play stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Ori and some other titles that I wanted to try on Xbox.

That is of course if xCloud is like PSNow and gives you access to a Netflix style range of titles based on your sub, I'm guessing it will prob have the entire Gamepass library.

Stadia I have no interest in at the moment, but I might dip in if there is something decent that is exclusive on there.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going with MS next gen so probably cloud. Just been very unimpressed with what is available on PS Now.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll mess around with PS Now (and probably Stadia when it's free) but I don't expect I'll be regularly playing on any of the streaming services.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
PSNow is probably the one I'm most likely to use in the immediate future, and have had good experiences with in the past, but I'm absolutely open to using Xcloud and Stadia. I think I'm most curious as to Stadia's future, as I think it might make a lot of sense as a supplementary gaming service to me down the road. We'll see though.

Last edited:

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't looked into Xcloud very much, and Sony has those PS5 controller patents that suggest streaming might be a bigger deal for them next gen, so I have too many uncertainties to make a decision atm.

What I do know is I'm not going to sub to a service where I have to pay for games I can't download and own. Maybe I would consider it if it were rental prices, but I'm certainly not spending $60 to not be able to download it.

I don't have a big need for these services, but it's a cool gimmick that may be useful at some point. I'm mostly interested in a paying a sub to access a streaming library (like PS Now), or getting the service as a free bonus when I purchase downloadable games (I assumed this was Xcloud but idk).

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the Playstation ecosystem in terms of hardware(consoles + VR), games, and services so PS Now will continue as my de facto games streaming platform, functioning much as it does now as an occasional supplement to my owned library.

Ditto for Xcloud when/if I drive back into Xbox.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Officially, none are available in our country so I would say none.

But, PS Now actually works here. It's just a bit laggy at times because the data is still coming from US servers. I am 2 weeks into my first month and I like it, but I'm not sure if I'll get a year's pass or just wait for a bit.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I will never choose to stream a game when there is a version to download or even better own. Streaming is a worse experience no matter what, it just is. If Netflix can't deliver the quality of a blu-ray in 2019 over a 450mpbs connection or any for that matter then I see no path to reaching the full experience of a video game anytime soon. I deal with it because I don't really care when it comes to movies but when it comes to video games I care. I always want to own the product, even now when I subscribe to ps now and gamepads, I only play games I can download on PS Now and I always end up buying the game if I like it from both.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tough question. I'm currently with Xbox so game pass/x cloud at the moment but I'm tempted to go with sony next gen.

Depends on the console reveals next year

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Shadow for now, because I own a PS4 and plan to buy a PS5 for the Sony exclusives. Having a cloud PC with Game Pass is an easy and cheap way to play the Microsoft games I like the look of.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stick with GeForce Now, for now. I'm looking forward to trying xCloud but I'm keeping my expectations rather low because I've not used a single streaming service or functionality from console manufacturers that actually held up. Remote Play kind of just sucks, Xbox W10 streaming is barely any better, and the streaming side of PSNow is so weak (performance-wise) that I've stopped taking certain users of this site at their word for describing the service as anything more than mediocre. Call PSNow 'flawless' and I might well put you on ignore, lmao. GeForce Now is the only streaming service I've used with low enough latency that the latency can be completely overlooked, and while I'm excited for game streaming, I'm not touching any service that can't compete with GeForce Now's performance at minimum.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'll just pick up a PS5 and buy the games that interest me when they arrive,just like I've always done...none of these streaming services are offering anything I want.
Only time I will show an interest in them is when they are the only option.....hopefully that won't be for a long while.

SomeUser

Jun 19, 2019
Will test Stadia and xcloud, already use PS Now and remote play. It is a cool solution to keep playing if you can't use your console.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I'll definitely be trying xCloud.

And I'd really like to try Stadia too. But they haven't offered an easy way in for someone who already owns a Chromecast Ultra who doesn't want to double buy.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Waiting to see how Xcloud works with Microsoft's current services. I already have Game Pass, and I prefer to download games if possible. PlayStation Now bundles titles with their streaming, so I assume Xcloud becomes part of Game Pass? Haven't read much into it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS Now and xCloud. xCloud for ancillary use and PS Now for the Sony exclusives later in their life

Oct 25, 2017
Not Stadia because I don't want to buy games for cloud only.

Xcloud I might use to play ms first party.

I buy most Ps games, so probably not much of Ps now either.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia since it's the first nextgen streaming service.
I might try xCloud as well when the upgrade it to Scarlett hardware if they have a free sub and drop the online gaming fee. If they include it with GamePass I'll definitely try it too.

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
I used PS Now years ago. It worked well then, I just didn't need that many games at the time so I cancelled it.

Honestly find out suspicious that there was so much silence around it.

Feb 9, 2018
None. I'm strictly opposed to streaming games. I like to own what I buy, and I'm especially leery of having all my games fully dependent not just on an internet connection, but on a service where individual titles could disappear forever due to rights issues or whatever and where the service itself could disappear entirely for good one day (and will almost inevitably have temporary down time itself).

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like MS has been too quiet. Have they said what device we'll be able to stream to? Can I use the Chromecast I'll get with the Stadia or do I need something else? Apple TV?

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I already use PlayStation Now, and I'll continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

I'm open to using Stadia or Xcloud in the future, depending on what games they offer and what the service entails. At this time, I'm not interested in Stadia with their currently announced lineup of games. I hope that they'll introduce more varied games at low prices and/or a subscription service with a library of games to pick from and play instantly.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using PSNow right now and I wouldn't mind using Xcloud if it fills the gap on games missing from PSNow and it's the same price for a subscription.

Oct 25, 2017
I use Shadow now, on and off. It's nice - whenever I want to play a PC game I just sub for a month or two to play through it, and then unsubscribe when I'm done. It's fun to play on an iPad sometimes too, with a PS4 controller. Shadow is cool because it's just a Windows computer so you can use your existing libraries and also do modding and stuff like that. The 250gb storage limit is the biggest issue for me, though they are promising to increase it soon. Red Dead 2 is going to be like 150gb alone.

Will definitely try Stadia when it comes out. It's nice that there's no monthly subscription or up front investment at all to play at 1080p. Just buy the game you want to play and that's it. If Red Dead 2 on Stadia uses the same setting as in that PC trailer last week then I'll probably upgrade to the 4k subscription for a few months to play that. I'll probably be buying Cyberpunk on Stadia as well if the Stadia version is a noticable upgrade to the PS4 Pro version.

People bring up latency with streaming games a lot, but at least on Shadow there's absolutely no noticable latency difference compared to my local PS4. I've played Overwatch and CS Go on it and have no trouble aiming and hitting targets. It doesn't feel any different than on a local machine, it's just not an issue at all.

It's also fun to download things on Shadow, because they have that awesome datacenter connection. You can't always get good download speeds on Steam, but for some services you can and it's amazing:
SEHVJHU.png

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
None. Perhaps PSNow to test the technology once or twice, but I prefer maintaining a balance of power via finite game purchases vs. having a permanent leeching system attached to my wallet where I have to accept everything they decide to do or make or nothing.

Last edited:

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Depending on what's offered in the subscription tier for Stadia I could see myself trying it out for a month, but none of these services appeal to me in any way.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
None.
But if i had to use one would be PS Now because I own PS consoles and could install the games. Not interested in playing via streaming at all.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
remote play from sony, and xcloud from MS

The value to me is being able to take the games with me, kinda like switch. At home, I will continue to have my consoles, but this weekend I put progress towards mhw via remote play while in someone else's house, and I should be able to accomplish the same with Xcloud

people that say none, forget how nowadays we dont even think that all our movies, tv, music are all streamed, and at one point they were not. They also forget the convenience of im home, i can play, im on my phone, i can play, any screen with wifi/4g/5g, hey I can play.

That convenience we experience it today with music, where witout thinking about it, all our music is available everywhere, at all times. but it can/will be the same with games, and we wont look back

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
gonna fuck with stadia for the holidays, play some destiny 2 and stuff.

i got the xcloud beta invite but its android only at the moment, i'm not really interested in playing on my phone. their library is also very tiny at the moment, and its not clear how it integrates with gamepass/GP ultimate. once we find more answers to that i'll definitely be more interested.

either way both are just add-ons to my primary gaming, like gaming when i'm on the go or visiting relatives or something. so far nothing seems to be coming down that you can ONLY play on those services.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I might go with PSNow again. I thought it was pretty good at launch. But truly, I will likely keep remote playing outside of the house and use the PlayStation at home. Content is king for me no matter how or where I play games and PlayStation just suits my needs more in that department.