• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Sony is very much a traditionalist, Google is the opposite. Sony gamers are very much against Cloud Gaming and Subscription Gaming in general, but Xbox/Stadia fans very much embrace an ecosystem that allows people to play anywhere and are open to Subscription Gaming.
Sony was the first major player in the cloud gaming market, before MS and way before Google...

Such console war BS, makes my head hurt. Gamers want games, they shouldn't care the platform.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a lost cause indeed. Even went ahead and used platform war clickbait to sell it. Terrible.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
If "Sony gamers" are traditionalists while enjoying modern online services, VR and streaming services what can we call the "Nintendo gamers"?

This is pathetic.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
seriously?

Some of these "sony gamers" came from the xbox ecosystem last gen. Just offer a greater value to people and they will follow.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
They need to focus on exclusives to attract more consumers. And people are against the idea of streaming because nobody wants to be playing a game at unstable sub-30 fps and possibly lower resolution.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
lotta generalizations and assumptions there. I don't think playstation owners agree with every direction SCE goes in, for example most PS only gamers wish Sony embraced cross-play with other platforms, but they aren't on board with it. Took them forever to cross play Fortnite for example. Likewise, a lot of "sony gamers" as you put it probably like the gamepass concept

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Where do you think the original Xbox owners came from? Not all of them were Sega fans.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I took lost cause to mean that people locked into Sony's style and ecosystem aren't going to leave. As in chasing those customers is a lost cause. It's not like he called them (us?) shit bags.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
This kinda brings me back to my young days on gamespot or penny arcade, so thank you for that.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I took lost cause to mean that people locked into Sony's style and ecosystem aren't going to leave. As in chasing those customers is a lost cause. It's not like he called them (us?) shit bags.
Which is also silly...a lot of people who came over to PS ecosystem this gen came from the 360...

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I'm a PS first console player and a PC player primarily.
I subscribe to GP and think MS is on track to make some great games.

In short the OP is laughable.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What does the OP think of Nintendo gamers? Do we get to roam freely?

Status
Not open for further replies.