• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
User Banned (1 month): Creating a thread to platform war; prior relevant infractions
There's a lot of controversy regarding MS going against 'tradition', embracing PC Gaming, Cloud Gaming, Subscription Gaming and Cross Gen ecosystems for the sake of Game Pass, while there are valid points, they want Microsoft to fall back in line and follow Sony, like focusing only on Consoles, ignore PCs, ditch GP, focus only on AAA SP games. But I think they should follow what suits them and not let extremist fanboys force them to change course.

TBH I said so before and I'll say it again. Sony gamers are a lost cause, they should not focus on them and they rightfully do their own thing and that is aggressively expand on the Xbox ecosystem by making it accessible on Mobile, Console and PC, Smart TVs etc. They should go with the hybrid approach of Stadia and PS. Sony is very much a traditionalist, Google is the opposite. Sony gamers are very much against Cloud Gaming and Subscription Gaming in general, but Xbox/Stadia fans very much embrace an ecosystem that allows people to play anywhere and are open to Subscription Gaming.
  1. Work with OEMs, Carriers to expand XCloud support and work with carriers to ensure that XCloud has exceptions regarding data usage.
  2. Aggressively expand on availability of XCloud
  3. Aggressively expand on Xbox platform and GP, allowing people to buy games and access GP on XCloud.
  4. Continue to blur the lines of Windows 10 and Xbox OS by ensuring that games that work on Xbox will automatically work on Windows 10.

These are things that will ensure Xbox platform is successful in rapidly changing market trends, especially with 5G becoming mainstream very soon, as we are starting to see 5G popup in cities around the world.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Or they could just focus on making good and varied exclusives people want to play, which they seem to be doing now

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
HpqX1aE.jpg

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP I don't think framing this as "a lost cause" is a good idea.
They are most likely locked into one eco system over the other, yeah.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about dude

I love Playstation and the cloud and subs. Plenty of people do. Like, what?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
OP should feel deeply ashamed of this thread and should take some time to self-reflect.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
As a "Sony gamer" Gamepass is great. Who the fuck seriously suggested ditching it?

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I get what you're saying but you picked the worst thread title I've seen in a while.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I love how you act like Sony doesn't already have a streaming service with insanely more games than gamepass.

They didn't lose out after they snubbed the 4k blu Ray player in the pro as they rightfully knew it was to early to jump on that. Ps5 will have it and that's good timing. Likewise when the time is right for streaming they'll get right in behind it.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
So in amongst all of...that, who is seriously suggesting that Microsoft ditch Game Pass? Like, I'm going to ask for receipts on that.

Also, your numbered list is not incompatible with people also asking for more single player games.

Status
Not open for further replies.