• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Concrete Genie was my last PS4 Pro game before I picked up the PS5. I got the platinum and really enjoyed my time spent with the game. If you have PSVR, there is some additional content in the game that's worth your time.

Looking forward to Control UE. I almost picked it up during the sale but decided on Ghost of Tsushima instead. Guess I chose wisely (for once).

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Wow this is a great month. I can play through Control looking all nice as it can as well as DLC, finally get round to playing Concrete Genie and try out the new Destruction All Stars. Keep it up Sony.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Glad concrete genie is gonna get it more hands. That game was a pleasant surprise for me. Excited to try out destruction all stars + control DLC.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Huh, Can I play only the DLC? I played base Control on Xbox...

If not, I am tempted to replay this again on PS5...

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Why did they lock the comments?

It's not like people gonna insult them. People are happy (most of them).

I think you known the answer to this. There was a huge thread of people calling them scammers etc

Yikes and it's not even a released higher version but a versin no one expected and coming much later. That is why I stopped getting games just after release and I always wait for them to release their ultimate versions to not get caught off guard or scammed by the older versions.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing Sony refunds games that become available on ps+. Anybody know the time limit on that? And is it automatic?

If it's within 14 days use the refund chat bot to generate a ticket# and call the support line it gives you. Outside of holding for 10 minutes and verifying some basic info, the process was pretty painless - which has not always been my experience with Playstation Support.

Honestly, had I not already bought the game and DLC before re-buying the Ultimate Edition last week I wouldn't sweat it, but that's $20 that can go towards anything else.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
So I saw that Control has Game Help support on PS5. Any word on whether it has DualSense support?

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for Control Ultimate Edition physical release, but I guess I don't have to. Pretty good month.

Yeah, I was waiting for the PS5 physical release and I actually tried to buy the PS4 version just before christmas (was sold out at Walmart) so this is just great timing. :p Demolition is just a nice bonus and hopefully we can get a couple of months like this since it's going to be a rather slow first year for the PS5 (I wouldn't be surprised to see Nioh remastered or something like that).

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, this is an amazing month for me and probably the best month for me since having PS+. Destruction All Stars looks fun but I didn't want to spend money on it. Control I haven't played and will definitely play through. Concrete Genie will be a nice game to play through on my VR headset. Crazy great month.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, guess I'll play the upgraded version of Control after all haha.

I was one of the PS4 chumps who got the 'deluxe' edition and I had refused to rebuy it despite really wanting to play the DLC hehe.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Hey... Just realised. I'm here thinking "Oh, I finished Control. it'll be interesting to see it with Ray Tracing"..... Only just realised this comes with teh DLC which I didnt play. Nice one.

Sony have really impressed me with PS+ games since the PS5 launch. I had assumed it would mainly just be PS4 games seeing as there arent that many PS5 games out yet for the still new console.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
All I want to know if the current-gen versions will have full RT features from the PC. From the short trailers they released, the emphasis is just on RT reflections. the RT shadows, AO, GI are among the best in control and it will be ashame to not have them all and just reflections. I asked the director about this but I got no repsonse. Not a good sign. I hope I am wrong.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, this is an amazing month for me and probably the best month for me since having PS+. Destruction All Stars looks fun but I didn't want to spend money on it. Control I haven't played and will definitely play through. Concrete Genie will be a nice game to play through on my VR headset. Crazy great month.
The vr support is a seperate mode not the full game. It's a small 3d canvas. Still fun though

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The VR part isn't the main story just so know. its just a couple of modes to dabble in. The main game is very much worth playing through regardless so you shouldn't pass on it.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I already played through Control on Xbox One, but I'm interested in the Alan Wake DLC. Will I need to play through the whole game again on PS5 to access it in this version?

Edit: From what I'm reading, it looks like the answer is that it's an endgame quest. I wish there was a way to skip to it