• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Didnt see this coming. Why the fck did I buy Control UE last year then? Concrete Genie is great as well. Very solid month.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
What a wild month and crazy start of the year. I was contemplating buying all 3 but to get them all for free is just insane.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So when's the next gen version/upgrade dropping? I might have to include Control for after I'm done with Mario 3D World.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
PS+ has been on a great sprint for a while now. Wow. Glad they are giving the correct version of Control and with a separate trophy list this a huge W for me.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean, they can always claim them when they are up and just play them when people get their PS5. I did that for Bugsnax and Maneater

Oh. I was only being half serious anyway, but I thought you needed a PS5 to claim the PS5 games. Can I just claim them through the website?

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
dammit, i bought control when it was 20. oh well. i cant get excited for destruction all stars either, just makes me want a proper twisted metal more than anything. excited to mess with concrete genie in vr though. definitely one of the best months ever

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Sony just issued me a refund after buying the Ultimate Edition on sale last week(already owned the base game and DLC seperately). Terrific month. Never got around to Concrete Genie.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO serves me right, I bought Control Ultimate just a few days ago on Series X...guess I can't ask for a refund right?

And I already had the regular PS4 edition.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
RIP buying the Ultimate edition last month. Oh well. Its not like I haven't bought the game on other platforms too.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Next week looks awesome! I don't feel bad at all buying Control Ultimate last year during the Winter Sale, but I'm also a huge Remedy fan. It's great so many others will get to try it if they haven't yet. Excited for the Next-Gen patch.

That in-depth look at Destruction All-Stars was exactly what I needed to see too. Excited to try it out too!

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Oh super dope. Was contemplating Control but never got around to it, so this is perfect.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
WHAT THE HELLLLL

I was SOOO close to biting on Control Ultimate when it was £16 on PSN a few weeks back

Amazing month

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
PS+ has kinda been insane since November with the +Collection.

This isn't what they want to hear, but I'm 100% gonna hold off buying Sackboy as it seems destined to PS+ at this rate.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what a month. Never played Control but always thought it looked cool. Excited!

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i'll download Control Ultimate for the dlc. curious if it looks as good with the PS5 enhancements as it does on PC. Concrete Genie is one i'll claim but who knows if i'll ever play it. strong month

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Can the saves from the standard Control be transferred to the UE? I was playing through the game on base PS4 but it ran like dog shit so I stopped and I'd rather pick up where I left off.

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
well this is turning into a hassle getting a refund for my recently bought Control UE that was never downloaded

because I played it briefly back in the summer on PS4 using PSNow the rep is telling me they cant refunded it because the game was "downloaded/played"

tried to explain this and the rep wont give me a refund :/

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Played and completed Control on a base PS4. I can't wait to replay it on my ps5 going to wait till I figure out the new tv purchase.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Control Ultimate edition? Whaaatt? Speechless. That's amazing.

Edit: And concrete genie is one of my favourite exclusive so fantastic month all around.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
well this is turning into a hassle getting a refund for my recently bought Control UE that was never downloaded

because I played it briefly back in the summer on PS4 using PSNow the rep is telling me they cant refunded it because the game was "downloaded/played"

tired to explain this and the rep wont give me a refund :/
Should I not bother then? I'm in the situation, played it on PS Now then bought UE on sale a couple months ago but never played it or downloaded it.

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who bought Control and DLC prior to ultimate edition who felt screwed over this is fantastic news. I get the PS5 upgrade without a repurchase.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad I didn't let them bully me into buying the ultimate edition. I'm a little salty I still gave them money for DLC at all though.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooooo glad I never copped Control earlier. Get a feeling so vindicated 😭

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Destruction Allstars free on PS+

tenor.gif

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Destruction All-Stars looks pretty terrible, but very excited to finally play Control and Concrete Genie. I hope Control doesn't run as poorly on base PS4 as I've heard.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Control is getting the attention and deservedly so, but Concrete Genie is what makes this for me. Relaxing, endearing, and you can pet the cat.

Oct 27, 2017

tried to explain this and the rep wont give me a refund :/
I would suggest trying again and post these articles, there are quite a few online, where they refunded Maneater automatically for players that bought it and where PS+ subscribers. It might help.

www.kotaku.com.au

Players Are Receiving Refunds For Maneater On PS5 After It Joined The PS Plus Lineup

Sony is providing refunds for PS5 players who bought Maneater, after it was announced the game will be one of January's PS Plus offerings.

www.playstationlifestyle.net

Sony's Offering Refunds to Those Who Recently Purchased Maneater Following PS Plus Announcement - PlayStation LifeStyle

Sony has apparently refunded recent Maneater game purchases following the announcement of January 2021's PS Plus lineup.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Dammnn fantastic month. But I think I don't have a cloudsave of Control .. didn't have Plus at the time. Loved the game on the PS4 despite the technical issues, would want to play the DLC but not sure if I'm up for replaying the whole game

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Save files don't transfer to Ultimate Edition, right? But is the DLC accessible from the main menu? I finished Control on release and bought the season pass, but hadn't gotten around to AWE yet. Will I have to beat the main story again before I can access that?

Yes, as long as you stick to the same platform.
Should have known this had been answered by now, oops. But great to hear!