• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
There will always be someone who already has the monthly games. No way around it. Ultimate edition launched today, so most of the likely buyers don't even have the game yet. It would be a different story if this was next month's lineup.

In the end I don't know how this can be seen as a negative. There's still way more pleased PS+ subscribers than folks who are pissed because of the inclusion of ultimate edition.

It's like you're only pissed because someone else got ultimate edition through PS+. It doesn't really change the situation for you. Just be glad that PS+ is this good. Maybe next month you'll have better luck.
Lol, I've not even bought any version of Control. I just think it's an incredibly shitty thing to do after holding back the next gen version from those who purchased the base game and DLC. And then selling another version with promises that this version will get a next gen upgrade. And then to top it off they give that version away on PSPlus to everybody days before the next gen release. It's a proper lowball move for fans of the game.

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
Damn I bought control during the Black Friday sale just to play the free PS5 upgrade lol

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao after ALL THAT DRAMA surrounding the next gen version of Control, and now it's gonna basically be free. Wow.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very happy with this. Given the Plus Collection, Bugsnax and February's games, PS+ has been great for PS5 owners.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, very happy many are getting Control Ultimate edition after all that drama on their upgrade path, but am also very salty cause I bought it on $20 during the holiday sale and was waiting for the PS5 update. :/

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I bought the Ultimate Edition in anticipation of the PS5 patch on 1/12. Contacted Sony figuring they'd refund me since they're giving the game away for free. I'm one day outside the return window, despite never having opened the game, and they basically told me no can do. Complete nonsense and why I hate buying digital games.

In the grand scheme of things it was a Christmas gift so it doesn't hurt me that much but like...is $20 really going to hurt SOny

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Argh, I bought Control Ultimate Edition this month to play when I'll get my hands on a PS5. Who knew I could have waited....
And people, play Concrete Genie, it's short and sweet and it deserves your time.

I don't know how much we can extrapolate with the last 4 months but is Sony putting more money on PS+ games now??? Is Gamepass putting more pressure on Sony to have an attractive lineup of games every month?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, I did a double take there. PS+ has been REALLY great since the launch of PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Gonna be a fun month for PS5 owners. Concrete Genie's also a solid game, especially at the low low price of free. Definitely recommend it for a chill quickie.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I was not going to buy Control UE because of the next gen upgrade bullshit. So this is fantastic for me. Concrete Genie is also one of those perfect PS+ games where I have been tempted to get it a few times but never pulled the trigger.

Despite how great PS+ has been lately, they better start offering two PS5 games soon.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this won't be bad omen for next months cus generally when we get a nice month in PS Plus per year, the following months we get so meh months. Hopefull this is the start of great things to come.

Joo

May 25, 2018
I've owned tons of the monthly games in the past and it doesn't bother me, but in this instance I am annoyed that that they put the UE on sale this month so anyone interested in playing it with the next-gen upgrade (myself included) will have thought "huh, I want to play that when it comes out, may as well grab it now while it's on sale". Just feels very shady to me, especially considering the whole upgrade fiasco for owners of the original release.
Lol, I've not even bought any version of Control. I just think it's an incredibly shitty thing to do after holding back the next gen version from those who purchased the base game and DLC. And then selling another version with promises that this version will get a next gen upgrade. And then to top it off they give that version away on PSPlus to everybody days before the next gen release. It's a proper lowball move for fans of the game.
Well I do understand your point, but Sony also did give refunds to folks who had bought maneater before it came to PS+, so I don't see who this would be any different. It's an identical situation.

It's Sony's call to give refunds for digital purchases. The whole ultimate edition of course didn't need to happen.

Last edited:

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Sick. Will be doing my second play through of Control on PS5!

…now where is that Last of Us II update?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this won't be bad omen for next months cus generally when we get a nice month in PS Plus per year, the following months we get so meh months. Hopefull this is the start of great things to come.

TBH last month was also great. Not expecting next month to top this one though.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I was not going to buy Control UE because of the next gen upgrade bullshit. So this is fantastic for me. Concrete Genie is also one of those perfect PS+ games where I have been tempted to get it a few times but never pulled the trigger.

Despite how great PS+ has been lately, they better start offering two PS5 games soon.

Technically, January and february got 2 PS5 games, 2 officially and others via upgrade.

I hope this trend will continue. (Hoping Concrete genie and SOTTR get current-gen upgrades too).

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That might be the best month PS+ has ever had....depending how Destruction All Stars turns out. It sucks that they couldn't hold this month's titles back for when people could, you know, actually have a shot at owning a PS5.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
I have Control physical for PS4 but I assume it's worthless with the essential better version with DLC and PS5 compatibility here. Destruction All Stars seems like a good add too.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Moral of the story for many is to stop buying games you're not going to play immediately. We live in an age of giveaways. Unless you're going to play it today, just wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Concrete Genie is definitely one I've had in my cart before, so glad to see that.

My experience with Control was great but that was on XB1, so I'd rather have continued to DLC from there. Hearing that saves don't transfer across generations makes that easier to justify me playing the PS version from scratch.

I'll give Destruction All-Stars a chance to impress me by watching the State of Play when I get home.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord that's an insane month.

Sony is coming to play against Game Pass it seems

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Ooh. Might have to play through Control again. Never got around to Concrete Genie, either.

mattypacker

Oct 29, 2017
Bristol UK
Amazing month. Platinumed control but haven't touched the DLCs yet and this way I get the PS5 bells and whistles.

Destruction All Stars I'll definitely give a go and I came oh so close to buying concrete genie in a sale recently so a great month for me in particular!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
That might be the best month PS+ has ever had....depending how Destruction All Stars turns out. It sucks that they couldn't hold this month's titles back for when people could, you know, actually have a shot at owning a PS5.

I mean, they can always claim them when they are up and just play them when people get their PS5. I did that for Bugsnax and Maneater

Oct 30, 2017
I had no interest in ever buying Control as it didn't seem my type of game.

But for free I'm certainly happy to give it a go seeing all the hype it got.

Other two are definitley a win for me!

Yet another great month. Last 3 months have easily covered my 2 year sub I bought in November!

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Do you know if Sony will refund Control for those who bought it more than 14 days ago without downloading/launching it even once ?