• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think I'm out at launch for now. No next gen for me until there are next gen games.

If I were some of you though I wouldn't gloat too much because the "exclusives are anti-consumer" crowd was just as loud.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of fucking people are in deep shit this year financially so I'm not mad at Sony throwing people who can't buy new consoles a few bones.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
6KgkksJ.png

Lol

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
The messaging from Sony is an absolute mess today. Everything feels so rushed as a response to the Xbox leaks.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I wasn't sure about Miles Morales being cross-gen but Forbidden West seemed like a lock. This is most definitely going to hold back gameplay design.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If only Ratchet and Clank was cross-gen too, I wouldn't have to get a PS5 for quite a while!

In all honesty, it's probably good to have a PS5 exclusive to look forward to for when I finally do get a PS5, but with funds being tight these days I'll probably hang on to my PS4 Slim for a while longer. Haven't even finished all of Spider-Man's DLC, and haven't gotten Final Fantasy VII Remake yet either (was waiting for a PC port, but if it's not announced in the next 6 months or so I think I'll just get it on PS4).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Sony and Microsoft are out here saving everyone $500 bucks for two holidays in a row. What a bunch of nice lads.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every Sony thread should come with an asterisk from now on. Dont ever take them for their word.

The yield denial yesterday was probably bullshit too. Them increasing the price of games to 80 euros is basically them passing those costs down to the consumer.

Expect a PS+ price increase next.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
User banned (3 days): Console warring
Weird. Sony just copied Microsoft but actually have software ready day one, not that gimped Halo stuff.. still, I'm disappointed there's so many cross gen games. I guess at least that means guaranteed 4K60 modes on PS5, which is cool. I'm here for the super fast loading, DualSense and hopefully noise free gameplay. PS5, bring it. Amazing pricing.

MrTutty

Jul 7, 2020
Funny that MS took the heat for this first, and their only cross gen AAA game ended up being Halo Infinite

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Mmh, I think that Forbidden West will not be the proper Horizon 2, but a short game like Morales and Unharted Lost Legacy.

And I fear for Ragnarok in 2021...

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess Sony doesn't have that much of a philosophical difference compared to Microsoft when it comes to generations.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I think the biggest takeaway is that in the absence of this news, everyone thought the games looked great - meaning they weren't held back by previous generation consoles.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
What will people on this forum who critized MS for cross gen games say now that sony is doing it too?
What will people on this forum who criticized Sony for being anti consumer say now that Sony is doing it too

Anyway cross gen sucks, I'd be angrier if Nvidia didn't already sell me on a 3080

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Man, all those posts about cross-gen games holding things back - especially the ones using Horizon and Miles Morales as examples - really seem pretty fucking stupid now.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I think a lot of these ps5 exclusives turned cross gen games started life as PS4 titles but due Covid Sony might have gotten a bit worried and restarted the production of these games on PS4.

Rainemane

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie this sorta killed my hype a bit. Still getting day one since I budgeted for it throughout the year but man Sony

Yiazmat

Oct 25, 2017
Explains a lot why none of these next gen games look like a big leap. I bet GT7 will be cross gen too, it looked exactly like GT Sport.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The senseless arguments were what they wanted. Get Sony fans hyped up and excited over what makes their platform 'superior' - then shift course right as the hype is at a fever peak.
This. I'm pretty sure multiple people at Sony and Insomniac quickly came out insisting that MM was a ps5 exclusive when rumors about a ps4 version were making the rounds.

They waited until the last minute to announce this stuff.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
GoW 5 will be the first true next game then? Assuming Demon's Souls also doesn't come to PS4, but at this rate I don't know if that's a safe assumption lol
Doubt it. No way they develop a full sequel in three years exclusively for hardware they have probably had for six months with a third of that time in a pandemic. Either they are lying about 2021 or it at least started as a crossgen game or is one.

CadobaDelta

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
Ehhhhh....

Wish they came out and said that from the start. Both games look great - and there might be a very wide gulf between the PS5 versions and their current-gen counterparts - but it's unfortunate that there won't be (aside from Demon's Souls) any real tech showcases at launch or immediately near launch.

At least the prices won't be jacked up, but they shouldn't be in the first place.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Very strange for horizon. It looks so advanced.

It was rendered in in-engine with hero assets so yeah, it looked nice. It will look nice on PS5 as they just throw rendering powering at it. It can do more so now that scale of the game most likely will be held back for certain degree of parity with PS4 version.

I lost a lot of faith in scale, complexity and interactivity of world moving forwards now that it all has to run on PS4.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man and Sackboy, I get. But Horizon being cross-gen is genuinely surprising and frankly disappointing.
Guerilla won't be able to take as much of an advantage of PS5 features for a long while, now.