• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Spider-Man and Horizon disappoint me a lot. Yes, it's great that more people will be able to play them but this means in their cores they wont be PS5 games, they'll be pretty PS4 games. Seriously considering not getting a PS5 at launch.

Seriously...was ready to pre order a PS5 but I'm not seeing the point anymore.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So in the end Sony was the "consumer friendly" lmao

Horizon is disappointing tbh, wanted to see the full potential of the PS5.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Hey remember when everyone was giving Xbox shit for also having cross gen games all of *checks notes* 2 weeks ago?

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Looks like it's true https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

"Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we're happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive. "

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
all i know, alot of PS only stans owe a lot of MS only stans some apologies.

Me, I don't see any rasosn to buy either console anymore right now.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm so ready for all the dudes puffing their chest out about how Sony had REAL exclusives only for PS5 only for everything to be cross gen or on pc

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
US blog page says they're coming to PS4 also.
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation 5 launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive

New games announced at PS5 Showcase, including Final Fantasy XVI, Hogwarts Legacy, and a new God of War title

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we're happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
It's pro-consumer for all those PS4 owners. I'm glad they are doing it, especially with so many people in a tough spot over the next year or so.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm.. I wanted Horizon to be next gen only. Miles Morales ok, but Horizon.. i have reservations about this move honestly.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, its disappointment after disappointment once the conference finished. Cross gen games in 2021. All my most wanted games on platforms I already own(pc,ps4) , may as well not buy the Ps5 yet

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Sell to 11 million PS5 owners, or to 11 million PS5 owners AND say 70+ million PS4 owners (that don't have PS5). Makes sense to do cross-gen. Same reason MS is. Wonder if the pandemic made them decide to go back and make a PS4 version of Forbidden West.

That being said, it really irks me that they aren't upfront about any of this, and instead they hide it all in fine print. Biggest problem I've had with Sony since E3 2013.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Okay that DS message now makes sense, DS remake is coming to PS4 as the "other consoles".