• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
さらに、世代の移行期において、PlayStation®4(PS4®)の巨大なコミュニティへのサポートを継続するため、一部のSIE WWSタイトルについてはPS4版の制作を並行して進めています。『Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales』、『リビッツ!ビッグ・アドベンチャー』そして『Horizon Forbidden West』については、

In addition, in order to continue supporting the PlayStation®4 (PS4®)'s huge community throughout the transition period, we are working on PS4 versions of some SIE WWS titles in parallel: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy! A Big Adventure and Horizon Forbidden West

Link to the blog entry

Edit: Confirmed.

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we're happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

Link to the article

Last edited:

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
Horizon is CROSSGEN?

So this means PS5 only has two exclusives at launch: Destruction All Stars and Astro's Playroom.

Miles Morales and Sackboy are coming to PS4, and Demon's Souls is coming to PC and "other consoles".

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
chile...this forum is about to pop off @ Horizon. i predict SEVERAL bans

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
According to the JP Playstation blog, alongside Spiderman, the two games will also be crossplatform releases on both PS4 and PS5.

さらに、世代の移行期において、PlayStation®4(PS4®)の巨大なコミュニティへのサポートを継続するため、一部のSIE WWSタイトルについてはPS4版の制作を並行して進めています。『Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales』、『リビッツ!ビッグ・アドベンチャー』そして『Horizon Forbidden West』については、PS5の超高速SSDやDualSense ワイヤレスコントローラーの性能を活かした作りになっていますが、PS4でもお楽しみいただけるよう準備を進めており、PS5版の発売と同時にPS4版も発売予定です。これらのタイトルのPS4版をお買い求めいただいた場合は、無料でPS5版(ディスクドライブ搭載)にアップグレードすることが可能です(*3)。

source - https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/09/17/20200917-ps5/

Oct 28, 2017
Whaaaat? What was all this "we believe in next gen exclusives" about then? No way did I think Forbidden West would release on PS4. 🤔🤔🤔

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Ok there's so much crow to be eaten on this site I'm not sure there are enough crows in existence.

I am delighted Horizon and Spiderman are my fav PS games and now I can play them on my PS4.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
This was from the playstation blog in Japan
https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/09/17/20200917-ps5/

さらに、世代の移行期において、PlayStation®4(PS4®)の巨大なコミュニティへのサポートを継続するため、一部のSIE WWSタイトルについてはPS4版の制作を並行して進めています。『Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales』、『リビッツ!ビッグ・アドベンチャー』そして『Horizon Forbidden West』については、PS5の超高速SSDやDualSense ワイヤレスコントローラーの性能を活かした作りになっていますが、PS4でもお楽しみいただけるよう準備を進めており、PS5版の発売と同時にPS4版も発売予定です
In addition, in order to continue supporting the PlayStation®4 (PS4®)'s huge community throughout the transition period, we are working on PS4 versions of some SIE WWS titles in parallel: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy! A Big Adventure and Horizon Forbidden West

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah, Spider-Man and Horizon disappoint me a lot. Yes, it's great that more people will be able to play them but this means in their cores they wont be PS5 games, they'll be pretty PS4 games. Seriously considering not getting a PS5 at launch.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Remember when folks were making fun of Microsoft for having cross-gen games for the first 2 years?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So no true first-party next-gen exclusives for PS5 until GoW2? (Considering Demon's Souls is a remake...)

Correction! Forgot about Ratchet.