• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
I never got my PS5 funimation code anyone know a way around that? I still have a ps4 if that helps.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I never got my PS5 funimation code anyone know a way around that? I still have a ps4 if that helps.
Oh yeah, get on your PS4. You can redeem the promotion right there on the app. You can even use an existing Funimation account that has not partaken in a trial before. You'll see the option to create a new account or enter an existing email/user.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow good get, thats lots of hours of gaming time already.
Depending on what else they put up the coming months you could end up with a very nice library (it already is and a good mix of games and genres imo)
I especially look forward to playing Uncharted Collection, Journey, Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time whenever I get a PS5.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
Play at Home, otherwise known as the "Please don't leave us for Gamepass" initiative.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I especially look forward to playing Uncharted Collection, Journey, Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time whenever I get a PS5.

Yeah those are some great games. Uncharted is one of my favorite series and if you like the collection there are another 2 great Uncharted games which you probably already can get cheap now or at the time you finished the collection (if not already giving away the next month)

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alright I'm finally going to play Horizon. I heard a mixed bag of responses from my friends so we will see if it clicks with me or not.

Also one cool thing about this play at home thing is you don't need to be a PSPlus or PSNow member to get the free games. It's awesome!

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
I tried to like this game, but was utterly boring and dull. Relasing at the same time as BoTW (a game that is just way bbeter in every aspect) didn't help neither. I'll give it a try again now that I can download it digitally for free .

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
So I have the standard version of this game on my ps4, Imma guess this contains the dlc content. Can I just delete my game and download this complete version and use my old save with my progress ?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So I have the standard version of this game on my ps4, Imma guess this contains the dlc content. Can I just delete my game and download this complete version and use my old save with my progress ?

I believe so.

-Make sure game saves are backed up to cloud.
-Delete game.
-Download/install from the PS Play at Home page.
-Check the game saves and make sure they're pulled down from cloud.
-Load up the game and you should be good.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I believe so.

-Make sure game saves are backed up to cloud.
-Delete game.
-Download/install from the PS Play at Home page.
-Check the game saves and make sure they're pulled down from cloud.
-Load up the game and you should be good.

Thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately I remember that you have to have ps+ to upload saved data, which I don't have...So I guess I'll just skip it

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I'm having fun with Ratchet and Clank. Image Quality is pin sharp on PS5; I'm assuming it ran at a checkerboarded 4K on Pro? It certainly didn't look anywhere as good when I first tried it on my base PS4 years ago.

And 60fps is such a blessing. It's great.

I never played the HZD expansion, although I got the Platinum for the base game back in 2017. I'm thinking of going for the trophies there as well but now I'm worried it'll get patched after I'm done with it.

Once we download them are these games ours to keep?

You don't even need to download them. As long as they're in your library they're yours.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I'm finally going to play Horizon. I heard a mixed bag of responses from my friends so we will see if it clicks with me or not.

Also one cool thing about this play at home thing is you don't need to be a PSPlus or PSNow member to get the free games. It's awesome!

You know what they say.

Friends who don't like Horizon aren't real friends.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

I have my save files for the vanilla version of HZD, and the Complete Edition doesn't recognize them.

Which is weird, because the PS App for example recognizes it as the same SKU.

I want to play the DLC but I don't really feel like starting a new game.

Oct 29, 2017
So this might have been answered already but do I have to hit download for each game for me to keep it? I know the promotion ends soon but I'm not sure how to be counted as claiming the game without downloading

Nov 14, 2017
So this might have been answered already but do I have to hit download for each game for me to keep it? I know the promotion ends soon but I'm not sure how to be counted as claiming the game without downloading
If you go through the webstore or the PS app I think you can just click on "Add to Library" and that will redeem them without downloading.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
Hoping for concrete genie or lost legacy, I think I already own most other games I'm interested in

Oct 29, 2017
Checked on console again and yeah didn't see any add to library but I did on PS app... Am I crazy for thinking that it doesn't make sense that way

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I have my save files for the vanilla version of HZD, and the Complete Edition doesn't recognize them.

Strange as my saves carried over. I had the disc version on my PS4 but never reinstalled it on the PS5. After downloading the free version, it just worked. 🤷🏻‍♂️

s y

Nov 8, 2017

Same happened to me but then I discovered that saves won't carry over if the disc save region doesn't match the digital version region.

Eg, So if you have a latin america disk save, it won't carry over to a North America digital copy of HZD.

Nov 14, 2017

Isn't Frozen Wilds one of those DLCs where you can just play that? Do you have to have an existing save file for HZD?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Same happened to me but then I discovered that saves won't carry over if the disc save region doesn't match the digital version region.

Eg, So if you have a latin america disk save, it won't carry over to a North America digital copy of HZD.

That has to be it. My disc version came packed in with my LATAM PS4.

It's weird because Ratchet also came as a pack in with my PS4 but my saves carried over just fine to the Play at home version.

Thanks!

Isn't Frozen Wilds one of those DLCs where you can just play that? Do you have to have an existing save file for HZD?

I don't think so. At least, I didn't see the option yesterday when I fired the game up.

Game does look really pretty in HDR and 4K, even if it's checkerboarded so doing another playthrough to reach the DLC might not be the worst thing in the world.

Last edited:

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
how do we get the funimation trial please?
I think it ended last night, at least in NA.
Basically on ps4 download app start trail and your done.
PS5 you have to download the app and wait for an e-mail code or something. I did it last night didn't get an email so I booted up my ps4 and did it that way as it is easier.

FlyStarJay

Jan 7, 2018
I think it ended last night, at least in NA.
Basically on ps4 download app start trail and your done.
PS5 you have to download the app and wait for an e-mail code or something. I did it last night didn't get an email so I booted up my ps4 and did it that way as it is easier.

it expires today, cant it be done on pc? must it be on the ps4?