• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Afrika was a PS3 exclusive game published by Sony in Japan in 2008. It was sort of like Pokemon Snap, except set in the African Savannah with real world animals. However, like some other games from that era (namely Demon's Souls), Sony decided not to publish the game themselves outside of Japan. It was finally picked up by Natsume for the North American release in 2009. If Afrika is like Demon's Souls, Sony is still the IP holder. While Afrika was not well received (though it sure looked pretty and had a beautiful, sweeping soundtrack), this seems like the type of game to make the transition to VR. Should Sony give Afrika another shot, but with VR? Would you want to see a game of this genre in VR?

Last edited:

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We could petition them. There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Aquanaut's Holiday was a similar game also published by Sony (it got an Asian English release that is really rare and expensive now). I'd like to see both of them make a comeback.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Make Pokemon Snap, but instead of catching Pokemon, it's Fate waifus.

I will take my billion dollars by check Sony.