• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
These punk asses think they can intimidate anyone, they've got another thing coming.
Voters across Brevard County Tuesday afternoon received threatening emails purporting to come from the Proud Boys, a far-right group that espouses militant authoritarian ideology, telling them to vote for President Trump, or else.

The emails appear to follow a similar format, and come from the email address "[email protected]."

"Hi (name) We are in possession of all your information You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure. You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you. (Voter's address)," it read.
Donald Schwinn, 85, a snowbird registered to vote in Melbourne Beach, received one, telling FLORIDA TODAY "they're trying to scare people into voting for Trump."

"I don't believe they have the resources to do this sort of thing," he continued, adding: "It makes me ashamed to be an American to think that such a group would do such a thing: threaten voters."

Voter email addresses and physical addresses are generally public records available upon request.

The domain for the sender's email "officialproudboys.com" was inactive by Tuesday afternoon although the site does appear to have been previously affiliated with the Proud Boys group. According to WUFT, internet records show that control over the internet address, created in March 2017, was changed Monday night.

Local officials are scrambling to get on top of the situation as reports came in Tuesday afternoon. Emails shared with FLORIDA TODAY show they went out between 3pm and 4pm.

Kimberly Boelzner, spokesperson for Brevard Supervisor of Elections Lori Scott, said their office has received several reports of such emails and are awaiting guidance from the state division of elections.

"We're advising voters to report it to local law enforcement," she said.

Schwinn said when he called the Brevard County Sheriff's Office they directed him to call the state's division of elections. The Brevard County Sheriff's Office did not immediately respond to inquiries.
Boelzner said by 6 p.m. her office had received about a dozen emails and a dozen calls about the matter. Scott has been in touch with the FBI and other authorities.

"We are responding to voters and letting them know we appreciate them contacting us regarding the voter intimidation email they received. (Lori Scott) has contacted local, state, and federal partners for investigation into this very serious matter," she wrote in a follow up email.

amp.floridatoday.com

Threatening emails telling voters to vote for Trump target Brevard County residents

The sender of the email claims to have "gained access to the entire voting infrastructure"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is that any two-bit fuck with Excel and a mail merge tool could spoof e-mails with an inserted address like this, and I'm sure that's exactly what the Proud Boys did.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's... something. Fucking REEKS of desperation. They know they're about to be completely irrelevant.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a fascist whose primary priority is maintaining his own power and encourages those who would use violence against the populace to keep him in power.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
If there was any justice, the Proud Boys would be labeled a terrorist organization if Biden wins.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
These punk asses think they can intimidate anyone, they've got another thing coming.

amp.floridatoday.com

Threatening emails telling voters to vote for Trump target Brevard County residents

The sender of the email claims to have "gained access to the entire voting infrastructure"

That's impossible, voting systems very specifically do not tie a vote to a voter, it's for this exact reason, so people cannot be intimidated or targeted for who they vote for.

If they voted and their political party is public record, but these pieces of shit are just trolling, plain and simple.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
That's impossible, voting systems very specifically do not tie a vote to a voter, it's for this exact reason, so people cannot be intimidated or targeted for who they vote for.

If they voted and their political party is public record, but these pieces of shit are just trolling, plain and simple.

I mean in essence I guarantee their motivation only 25% that they actually believe this accomplishes anything & 75% because they get off on bullying, intimidation & instigating a situation in which they can beat on a civilian for fun.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Seems completely stupid even for them.

Yep. But that stupidity is what makes them extremely dangerous. Still, these morons have no idea which way you vote so all it amounts to is making sure people will vote for anything except Trump. Americans don't take kindly to be told what to do unfortunately since we can't consistently get the population to stop gathering in large numbers or wear masks.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh this sounds a little too easy, like... not sure i buy the proposed story at face value. Hopefully officials get to the bottom of it, regardless

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Just try it, motherfuckers.

Remember that PoS in chief called for this to happen in front of the country.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there was any justice, the Proud Boys would be labeled a terrorist organization if Biden wins.

Unlike Trumpykins, Biden actually listens to people who know what they're talking about and the FBI has been warning about far right extremism for a while. I'm sure he'll do something about it which will, of course, embolden them further and - in their minds - confirm that the Democrats are trying to silence them.

This nonsense won't be over just because Trump loses. If anything it'll only get worse. I feel as though Biden has his work cut out for him fixing all the mess Trump has made in the last four years and the worst part is a second term is out of the question. Who the heck will vote for an 82 year old? Hopefully the Democrats are able to prepare a much younger, much more capable politician for 2024.

Scoobert

Oct 25, 2017
I got the email in case anyone thinks it's fake.

*My Name* we are in possession of all your information You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure. You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you. *my address* good luck

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

*My Name* we are in possession of all your information You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure. You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you. *my address* good luck

The FBI should be coming down hard on these fools.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They won't do shit but funny all they ask is you change your party registration. Can still vote for Biden.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Come do it then you fucks.

Fucking coward cultists afraid of being equal and losing their privileges so much that they posture & strong arm to remain as selfish as they want & to keep getting rewarded for never growing into being an adult let alone human.

They know their cult can't win by legit means so they use threats to keep their good king in power. I wish they would come find me. Hell I wish they try this shit in person when I go vote because they'll have to fucking kill me to stop me from voting out their golden god.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the actions of a terrorist organization to me. We don't negotiate with terrorists.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like some full on Dale Gribble ass "You don't know who I am but I know who you are" type shit that they are pulling right now.

Makes sense because the Proud Boys as a whole are just as threatening as Dale Gribble.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

Doesn't have to be true to work. There are a lot of scams that work by claiming to have information they don't, and then getting the victim to "verify" the information.

They're not going to know who voted for whom. They're not going to "go after" anyone. This is just meant to scare people, and it will probably work on some. Hopefully not very many.

Oct 28, 2017

Oh I'm sure the FBI is going to have a field day with something so blatant.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I live in TX and as far as I know there's no process of registering what party you're affiliated. How did they know the guy was a D?

At least I never remember signing up for anything like that, and at the polls it gave me R and D options.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I live in TX and as far as I know there's no process of registering what party you're affiliated. How did they know the guy was a D?

At least I never remember signing up for anything like that, and at the polls it gave me R and D options.
I don't know about Florida, but at least in Kansas you have to be registered for a party to vote in its primary. I would assume it's the same in most states.

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017

I would respond and tell the to fuck right off.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Also find it extremely ironic that people who might get these should report the police when the police always seem glad to rub elbows/side with & protect violent supremacist groups including the Proud Boys during civil rights protests.

Scoobert

Oct 25, 2017
So follow up on my email I received. I called the FBI and they are aware of the email. Local police was useless. Officer had no idea who Proud Boys were then at some point started saying they are harmless. Sooo yea...

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This almost seems to stupid to be taken at face value. Sure it could be some dumbass proud boys, but it could just as easily be some boogaloo/provocateur or foreign actor trying to sow discord

How would they have gotten ahold of this information? It's not publicly available is it?
It is.